What's new

Vote YES or NO on Prop 19

Vote YES or NO on Prop 19

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vta

Veteran
19 will put a huge dent in their operations.

picture.php

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
Less law enforcement to regulate.

Honestly this is a moot topic. Are you saying we shouldn't vote for 19 because a few mexicans might produce some shitty weed for the black market? That's like saying gangsters would still have hillbillies producing liquor post alcohol prohibition era. Once shops are allowed to sale mj it's going to have to be purchased from liscensed commercial growers. How many people buy liquor on the streets, rather than from grocery stores, liquor stores and gas stations? It will be the same for mj and eventually the black market on mj will dry up leaving cartels no market to sell their shitty mass produced low quality schwag.

FoxxyDoe

Honestly this is a moot topic. Are you saying we shouldn't vote for 19 because a few mexicans might produce some shitty weed for the black market? That's like saying gangsters would still have hillbillies producing liquor post alcohol prohibition era. Once shops are allowed to sale mj it's going to have to be purchased from liscensed commercial growers. How many people buy liquor on the streets, rather than from grocery stores, liquor stores and gas stations? It will be the same for mj and eventually the black market on mj will dry up leaving cartels no market to sell their shitty mass produced low quality schwag.

Sell it cheap to licensed growers that in turn sell it through legal(possibly cartel owned) routes? Their swag could also be processed into hash, oils, or edibles.

While I don't think that's gonna be very lucrative unless they step up their grow game, most likely not worth their time at all. The possibility however will exist.

Also booze isn't an agricultural commodity and the way its manufactured makes the comparison a bit off.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran

Really? Isn't Obama's deal not to bother with med states and their smokers? Doesn't the national forest service and the DEA still get paid to be cowboy in national lands / parks? Don't the CA cops still get paid to fly around looking for evil growers on state lands?

Passing 19 will not make it easier for cartels to grow on public lands, that is just silly.

:joint:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Man im stoned I thought this thread got locked :)

There will be plenty of shwag on the market we dont need the cartels to provide us with it. Allot of the new growers will have a few runs that turn out hay . If you r a lightweight u can grow some schwag for yourself no problem.

WasntMe

So, if the world got Nascar after the end of American alcohol prohibition .... what would we get after the end of American cannabis prohibition?

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran

You make assumptions. I never said it wasn't a reason to vote for prop 19. I think you've had to many people threaten the prop you love... no need to be defensive.

You must have not read my original post. I was stating that everyone had always been selling me on the prop because of the elimination of mexican cartels operating in my local forests. The reality is that the prop will help them. I no longer have a reason to like prop 19 at all anymore because of this.

As for them selling "shitty" weed. They don't do that anymore, they grow OG kush and all the other populars without any males around. You're thinking of crappy brick weed that they bring over the border. They figured out a while ago that they could get a lot more money growing the good stuff.

They are not going to be selling the weed in California, the point is, that it is much easier to produce and transport the marijuana to other states (where it is still illegal), then to produce and transport from mexico.

This is a local problem that probably does not effect most Californians. So most of you will not have a vested interest in this particular topic.

Vote how you're going to vote. Its your body and mind and you'll do what you want with it. Just please don't tell me that this law is the end all be all of all the problems relating to marijuana, because that is a lie. I do not believe that this law will change anything about mexican cartels operating in local forests, so please don't feed that line to me anymore.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
I do not believe that this law will change anything about mexican cartels operating in local forests, so please don't feed that line to me anymore.

exactly!!

thats what everyone has been saying!!!
19 will not stop them...
it just kills their market in ca.(and batters their market through out the states no body wants to buy their shitty miracle gro'n OD garbage.

delerious

You make assumptions. I never said it wasn't a reason to vote for prop 19. I think you've had to many people threaten the prop you love... no need to be defensive.

You must have not read my original post. I was stating that everyone had always been selling me on the prop because of the elimination of mexican cartels operating in my local forests. The reality is that the prop will help them. I no longer have a reason to like prop 19 at all anymore because of this.

As for them selling "shitty" weed. They don't do that anymore, they grow OG kush and all the other populars without any males around. You're thinking of crappy brick weed that they bring over the border. They figured out a while ago that they could get a lot more money growing the good stuff.

They are not going to be selling the weed in California, the point is, that it is much easier to produce and transport the marijuana to other states (where it is still illegal), then to produce and transport from mexico.

This is a local problem that probably does not effect most Californians. So most of you will not have a vested interest in this particular topic.

Vote how you're going to vote. Its your body and mind and you'll do what you want with it. Just please don't tell me that this law is the end all be all of all the problems relating to marijuana, because that is a lie. I do not believe that this law will change anything about mexican cartels operating in local forests, so please don't feed that line to me anymore.

Do you work for the cartels? You seem to know an awful lot about what they grow - including strains and that they don't have 'any males around'. You know if you don't like the idea of them being in your 'local' forest, pick up a pay phone and leave an anonymous tip?

BTW...most of the reports I've seen suggest they grow in 'National' forests rather than 'local'. Something about being easier to avoid detection in a huge 'national' area than between the trees down by the mall.

Of course it will once regulated it will be a harder to find for sale on the Black Market, weed that does'nt go through the proper channels will simply cease to exist because there will be so much legal weed everywhere.I don't see the mexican cartels producing alcohol for sale on every street corner it's a battle of attrition and if prop 19 passes Mexico has even officially complaned they stand to lose tons of money because the cartels who money flows through the Mexico government will lose there cash crop....

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
No point debating this vta. The only people complaining about these limits are the ones who grow to sell and are too stupid, lazy, or greedy to start a business and pay taxes / liscensing fees.

So you're just going to repeat this, even though it's not true.... over and over again?

I guess it will be fact eventually.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I think that the opposite will be true. At least in the short term, there will be a bunch of LE trying to justify their manpower and budget, all dressed up and nowhere to go. Hopefully they will use this venue for their last gasps at keeping "the war on drugs" going, and by the time the funding gets cut, the cartels will have largely been pushed out.

BTW...most of the reports I've seen suggest they grow in 'National' forests rather than 'local'. Something about being easier to avoid detection in a huge 'national' area than between the trees down by the mall.

Pretty funny! I don't think that you have much of an understanding of "National Forests" or where they are. Most of the small towns in NorCal are scattered through National Forests.

vta

Veteran
I think BHT hit it on the head. If someone is anti legalization I also think that they must either be...profit driven, lazy to start something legal or yeah...stupid. Oh and I should not leave out a prohibitionist. So yeah...I think MOST of the Anti's fall into one of those categories. As a matter of fact I can take ANY anti's argument and rip it apart. There is no logical reason to vote NO to 19...to legalization.

Status
Not open for further replies.