Status
Not open for further replies.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
where is the "right bill"?

There should be no bill needed to recognize our unalienable rights

what does it say?

In a perfect world, the US Supreme Court would overturn decades of bad precedent and state: "The privacy protections and guarantees found in the US Constitution prohibit the government from infringing on any INDIVIDUALS right to grow or use cannabis."

The Alaska Supreme Court has made a similar ruling and Alaskan's are constitutionally guaranteed their right to privacy which includes the use and possession of MJ on their property.

who is paying to get it on the ballot?

Unfortunately we all pay for all the laws that change. If we see progress through court rulings then we all pay because we pay for the courts. If we see progress through the legislature than we all pay because these pig like politicians all draw salaries and graft. If we see progress through initiative we all pay because the new law seeks to restrict our right to privacy.

who is paying for the marketing?

Again we are all paying (some more than others), with our time thoughts dollars and personal lobbying efforts.

Don't wait until 2012 or Nov 2010 exercise your UNALIENABLE rights and OverGrow the planet today and if you ever get on a jury exercise your right to JURY NULLIFICATION. If juries would refuse to convict for non-violet drug offenses this war would come to a screeching halt. Seth MacFarlane (creator of The Family Guy) has been JURY NULLIFICATION for years.

:joint:

in perfect world ALL drugs would be legal
in a perfect world there would be no governments
in a perfect world there would not be a single other male human and all the pussy would be MINE

FFS man we are dealing in reality!

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
and you cant see the difference between an 18 year old and a 17 year old having sex and a 50 year old MOLESTING a 17 year old?:yoinks: :yoinks: :yoinks: :yoinks: :yoinks: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

If a 17y/o is thought to be old enough to consent then it should not matter if he or she chose to fuck an 18yr old or a 50yr old.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
maybe your reading comprehension sux but there re TWO separate issues here

for the 18-21 year olds...i said before..damn the bad luck! have to keep doing EXACTLY what you are doing now, go get a rec.

i dont see absolutely nothing changing for 18-21 year olds as a valid reason to deny adults the right to grow in their own homes do you?

arent you the same one who said leo act like its fast times at ridgemont high?

so they all of the sudden will change that when 19 passes?

remember 19 is intended to limit enforcement of existing law.

There are NO valid reasons to deny adults the right to privacy in their homes.

My Fast Times at Ridgemeont analogy was towards the general attitude of Californians towards MJ, it is very casual.

I find creating FELONIES with 5 year prison terms for weed sharing when only a misdemeanor stood before, is more than just "a little bad luck for 18 - 21 year olds"

I don't think CA LEO attitude will change much, but it is still going to really fucking suck for the people getting the 3 or 4 or 5 years in prison because of Prop 19. Unfortunately I see a lot of CA colleges and Universities being prime territory for ruining young lives with this new felony. Bust a kegger and ooops some weed is around (prop 19 and all), but oh no a bunch of 18 - 20 year olds and some freshman isn't even 18 yet (as happens at college parties); hey look there is that 21 year old guy the pigs don't like, how about we charge him. I hope the campus police are cooler than they were when I went to a UC. If they aren't lots of fresh meat for the prison industrial complex ;)

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
and you cant see the difference between an 18 year old and a 17 year old having sex and a 50 year old MOLESTING a 17 year old?:yoinks: :yoinks: :yoinks: :yoinks: :yoinks: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

You my friend are far to happy to place other humans in cages.

If I chose at 17 to sleep with an older lady (cougar style and all) should she face 15 years in prison?

I think you too easily find differences, justifications, or rationalizations. It is the perceived superior ability to discern these differences that allows you to so causally imprison those on the wrong side of your line.

Also if I am not mistaken 17 year olds are consenting adults for sexual activity in many if not half of these 50 states.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
There are NO valid reasons to deny adults the right to privacy in their homes.

My Fast Times at Ridgemeont analogy was towards the general attitude of Californians towards MJ, it is very casual.

I find creating FELONIES with 5 year prison terms for weed sharing when only a misdemeanor stood before, is more than just "a little bad luck for 18 - 21 year olds"

I don't think CA LEO attitude will change much, but it is still going to really fucking suck for the people getting the 3 or 4 or 5 years in prison because of Prop 19. Unfortunately I see a lot of CA colleges and Universities being prime territory for ruining young lives with this new felony. Bust a kegger and ooops some weed is around (prop 19 and all), but oh no a bunch of 18 - 20 year olds and some freshman isn't even 18 yet (as happens at college parties); hey look there is that 21 year old guy the pigs don't like, how about we charge him. I hope the campus police are cooler than they were when I went to a UC. If they aren't lots of fresh meat for the prison industrial complex ;)

Not a Felony-- This if from the Text in Prop 19--
  • Any person who is licensed, permitted or authorized to sell marijuana, who knowingly sells or gives away marijuana to someone older the age of 18 but younger than 21, shall be imprisoned in county jail for up to six months and fined up to $1,000 per offense.
  • Any person who is licensed, permitted or authorized to sell marijuana, who knowingly sells or gives away marijuana to someone age 14 to 17, shall be imprisoned in state prison for a period of three, four, or five years.
  • Any person who is licensed, permitted or authorized to sell marijuana, who knowingly sells or gives away marijuana to someone under the age of 14, shall be imprisoned in state prison for a period of three, five, or seven years
FYI...Notice it is written to "Any person who is licensed, permitted or authorized to sell marijuana"...meaning it only applies to Vendors--
My guess is, for sharing weed with your friends, you will get the same "Contributing..." ticket that you now do for drinking with them--

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
You my friend are far to happy to place other humans in cages.

If I chose at 17 to sleep with an older lady (cougar style and all) should she face 15 years in prison?

I think you too easily find differences, justifications, or rationalizations. It is the perceived superior ability to discern these differences that allows you to so causally imprison those on the wrong side of your line.

Also if I am not mistaken 17 year olds are consenting adults for sexual activity in many if not half of these 50 states.

sorry man..

but in mental maturity there is a world of difference between A TEENAGE GIRL and a grown ass man.
its molestation plain and simple...

and yes a 50 year old woman molesting a TEENAGE boy is wrong!

michael jackson deserved prison!

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
sun lets say you are correct in every single point you make...

is that reason enough for YOU to deny ME the right to grow in my own home?

Runner

This thread's poll looks bad, no?

Are there any serious polls out there specifically on 19?

If more that 50% of pro-legalization folks oppose 19 it's screwed. Then again medicals are probably overrepresented on this board, and it's they who want to spoil everything :frown:

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Not a Felony-- This if from the Text in Prop 19--
FYI...Notice it is written to "Any person who is licensed, permitted or authorized to sell marijuana"...meaning it only applies to Vendors--
My guess is, for sharing weed with your friends, you will get the same "Contributing..." ticket that you now do for drinking with them--

My friend it has to be a felony because misdemeanors are not punishable by five years in prison.

Now this is the TXT of 19 as it stands to be voted on:

11361. Prohibition on Furnishing Marijuana to Minors.
(a) Every person 18 years of age or over who hires, employs, or uses a minor in transporting, carrying, selling, giving away, preparing for sale, or peddling any marijuana, who unlawfully sells, or offers to sell, any marijuana to a minor, or who furnishes, administers, or gives, or offers to furnish, administer, or give any marijuana to a minor under 14 years of age, or who induces a minor to use marijuana in violation of law shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for a period of three, five, or seven years.
(b) Every person 18 years of age or over who furnishes, administers, or gives, or offers to furnish, administer, or give, any marijuana to a minor 14 years of age or older shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for a period of three, four, or five years.
(c) Every person 21 years of age or over who knowingly furnishes, administers, or gives, or offers to furnish, administer, or give, any marijuana to a person aged 18 years or older, but younger than 21 years of age, shall be punished by imprisonment in the county jail for a period of up to six months and be fined up to one thousand dollars ($1,000) for each offense.

Both (A) and (B) are felonies (C) is a misdemeanor this applies to ALL people not just licensed vendors. Like I said the busted high school and college parties are going to be a real bitch for those unfortunate people that get charged with these new felonies.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
sun lets say you are correct in every single point you make...

is that reason enough for YOU to deny ME the right to grow in my own home?

As I've said what you do in the privacy of your own home is your own business and I do NOT support any law that would impinge on your right to privacy.

Now here are the ages of consent by state:

Alabama 16
Alaska 16
Arizona 18
Arkansas 16
California 18
Colorado 15
Connecticut 15
D.C. 16
Delaware 16
Florida 16/18 (bill pending)
Georgia 16
Hawaii 14
Idaho 14
Illinois 16/17
Indiana 16
Iowa 18
Kansas 16
Kentucky 16 - [1]
Louisiana 17
Maine 16
Maryland 16
Massachusetts 16/18
Michigan 16
Minnesota 16
Mississippi 16 - [2]
Missouri 17
Montana 16
Nebraska 16
Nevada 16
New Hampshire 16/18
New Jersey 16/18
New Mexico 17
New York 17
North Carolina 16
North Dakota 18
Ohio 16
Oklahoma 16
Oregon 18
Pennsylvania 16
Rhode Island 16
South Carolina 14/16
South Dakota 16
Tennessee 18
Texas 17
Utah 16/18
Vermont 16
Virginia 15
Washington 16
West Virginia 16
Wisconsin 18
Wyoming 16
Puerto Rico 18

Now I am not opposed to the death penalty for child molesters, but your advocating the execution of people for having consensual sex with a 17 year old is MURDER because the VAST majority of states allow 17 year olds to fuck 50 year olds with out needing to kill the cougar.

vta

Veteran
My friend it has to be a felony because misdemeanors are not punishable by five years in prison.

Now this is the TXT of 19 as it stands to be voted on:

11361. Prohibition on Furnishing Marijuana to Minors.
(a) Every person 18 years of age or over who hires, employs, or uses a minor in transporting, carrying, selling, giving away, preparing for sale, or peddling any marijuana, who unlawfully sells, or offers to sell, any marijuana to a minor, or who furnishes, administers, or gives, or offers to furnish, administer, or give any marijuana to a minor under 14 years of age, or who induces a minor to use marijuana in violation of law shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for a period of three, five, or seven years.
(b) Every person 18 years of age or over who furnishes, administers, or gives, or offers to furnish, administer, or give, any marijuana to a minor 14 years of age or older shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for a period of three, four, or five years.
(c) Every person 21 years of age or over who knowingly furnishes, administers, or gives, or offers to furnish, administer, or give, any marijuana to a person aged 18 years or older, but younger than 21 years of age, shall be punished by imprisonment in the county jail for a period of up to six months and be fined up to one thousand dollars ($1,000) for each offense.

Both (A) and (B) are felonies (C) is a misdemeanor this applies to ALL people not just licensed vendors. Like I said the busted high school and college parties are going to be a real bitch for those unfortunate people that get charged with these new felonies.

Some people keep missing this point so I'll make it big!

Both A and B ARE ALREADY LAW!!!!!!!!

All 19 changes is C. And C just makes giving an 18-21 year old a joint the same as if it was a beer.

NO NEW FELONIES!!!!!

So hydro....please if your going to talk down a prop in a state you don't even live in...learn about the thing before you spread misinformation....thanks

vta

Veteran
On that note I think that C is lame and they didn't need to add it...but that is no reason to vote no.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
SB 1449 has passed by senate vote and just needs Arnold to sign it. If Arnold signs it , it will turn possesion of under an ounce of Cannabis from a misdemeanor to a civil infraction.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Passing 19 would eliminate all penalties whats the point in having that with 19 there is no infraction am I missing something.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its just a fact. SB 1449 has passed the senate and assembly and just needs a signature. You make whatever sense out of it you want

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Some people keep missing this point so I'll make it big!

Both A and B ARE ALREADY LAW!!!!!!!!

All 19 changes is C. And C just makes giving an 18-21 year old a joint the same as if it was a beer.

NO NEW FELONIES!!!!!

So hydro....please if your going to talk down a prop in a state you don't even live in...learn about the thing before you spread misinformation....thanks

VTA are you sure? Dagnabit had me look up look up the CA penal code regarding the contributing the the delinquency of a minor.

I found the section and posted it a few posts back.

I'm pretty sure it said misdemeanor one year in jail and a fine for selling to a 17 year old, now it appears to be a felony and 3 years for that crime.

Are A and B already on the books in CA? They weren't in the penal code section Dagnabit refereed to. What is the current penal code section that covers A and B?

If you are correct that there are NO new FELONIES and existing penalties are lessoned or remain the same then I will be happy to see prop 19 pass (despite my objections to C and size limits).

vta

Veteran
If you are correct that there are NO new FELONIES and existing penalties are lessoned or remain the same then I will be happy to see prop 19 pass (despite my objections to C and size limits).

That's awesome....I will get it for ya...

Status
Not open for further replies.