Vote YES or NO on Prop 19

Vote YES or NO on Prop 19

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
umm the goal of prop 19 is to make tax $$$, not to keep me out of prison.
keep it straight jack

and i know of a better bill, how about the one that doesn't TAX a fucking plant

Fuck yeah bro!!!!
And why we are at it, let's get Mandatory Coke...Hookers for all...and a fucking Unicorn to ride!!! :jump:
Get real dude...what you want will never happen...or at least not without a lot of $$, Work, and STEPS!! Prop 19 is the first Step-- Altho I doubt you will ever see Commercial Sales of Cannabis untaxed--
Grow your own, and you pay no tax...there is another good idea!!

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^I just imagined a bunch of coked up rodeo cowboys, riding a bucking unicorn, and getting stabbed in the face by the horn. lol

E

el Dream Reader

Here's a link to the election results page on the California elections website that will be updated on election day Nov 2nd. I don't know if there will be reports from the mail in voters before the polls close at 8pm or if they will report the final counts after the close. I'll check after the polls open on Tuesday.
State Ballot Measures statewide results website
And here you can see if your county's returns have been polled
County Reporting Status

C

Chamba

I can tell you not one person I talked to in Nor-Cal wants this to pass.

what do they want?

reparations? dream on, lol

total decriminalization? well, 19 will be a huge foot in the door of legalization.

cos it will decrease their profits? 19 will triple their profits overnight. They will be able to open a bank account etc

cos it states jails for selling to kids? and now there's no jail for selling to kids? lol

cos they cannot grow big without an expensive license? and growing an acre now is legal?? A smart cash cropper will organize every house in his street and "rent" 25 sq ft in every back yard...with ten x 25 sq feet a cash cropper could make good money and be untouchable by the law.

anyway, the proposed law states you can grow in a 5ft x 5ft area...if that's floor space, not the plant's branches spread area, then you can factor extra yield as the canopy could be trained to easily spread out to twice that area.

instead of a 5 x 5 foot area, you could yield much more by growing on a 6 inch x 50 feet area along side a back yard fence facing south.

There will be a huge immediate market for "ready to grow" grow tents and cabinets that have a 25 sq ft area.

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I dont understand why a few groups of people dont want 19 to pass and it has nothing to do with cash. They just dont like the Prop to me this is not a good enough reason to vote no. My dad is a big time hater of anything that has to do with cannabis. We have been in some huge fights from it. after 40 years of trying to get him just to listen to the real facts and not the garbage he was taught and it was a up hill battle. Im pleased to say he is coming around and offered to take me to a dispensary to get me some meds. I told him that I dont buy meds from these places. I only trust myself and a very small group of people to supply me with my meds. I went on to tell him how we take some pride in growing are own and knowing what is in what we grow. His words where we will see if this passes things will probable change and I wont have any problems with you growing. He knows I have a med card but does not care. Absolutely no growing.. I was upset when he said that as I have been fighting for my rights to grow. He told me back 5 years ago he would rather me take my Morphine then cannabis. The story is way to long to tell everything but I see many older gen parents might be coming around and start to believe they where lied to. He no longer thinks I'm full of shit and just telling him wild story's so I can grow. This is a big big victory for my house and family. I hope this passes. I pry and wish all of us will be standing proud of our efforts to get this passed. If our ship sinks im not going to stop im a fighter and will continue to do so untill canabis is legal. I might not see this happen in my liftime but im sure going all out to try and make that happen.

vta

Veteran
Calif. Proposition Could Quell War on Drugs

cannabis California -- In 2000, Hollywood released a critically acclaimed and (I thought) important movie, Traffic, about the futility of the so-called war on drugs. I was naive enough to believe it would spark a national conversation about the stupidity of our generations-long policy of drug prohibition. It didn't. We continued as we had since the 1960s: locking up drug offenders, spending countless billions on police and prisons, and abetting the devastating violence that attends the market in illegal narcotics. The United States, with about 5 percent of the world's population, accounts for nearly 25 percent of its prisoners - largely as a consequence of draconian drug laws.

But in Tuesday's midterm elections, Californians have an opportunity to finally give the country a shove in the right direction. If they approve Proposition 19, which would make it legal to possess and grow small quantities of marijuana for personal use, they will start to wind down the war on drugs.

Nationwide, marijuana, the most widely used illicit drug, accounts for about 45 percent of drug arrests. If Californians decide to legalize pot, other states will surely follow suit - a development that would free police to pursue more serious offenders, open up prison space, and spur the decriminalization of other narcotics. It might also lead to a new revenue source for cash-strapped cities and states.

None of that would happen immediately. State and local authorities in California would still have to sort out countless details, including whether to allow the sale of marijuana and collect taxes. U.S. Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. has added to the uncertainty by insisting he will continue to enforce federal drug laws. But in a time of tight budgets and redirected priorities, Holder's reactionary stance may prove short-lived.

Counting federal, state, and local funds, the United States spends about $45 billion a year to enforce drug prohibition. That's money that we could have spent on education, bridges, bullet trains, and research to cure dread diseases.

Meanwhile, Americans continue to demand mind-altering substances. (Among others, the Mexican government complains that it cannot stop drug cartels unless Americans stop purchasing their drugs.) In 1979, according to government statistics, about 25 million Americans over the age of 12 used an illicit narcotic. By 2009 - with hundreds of billions spent and hundreds of thousands incarcerated - 22 million Americans over the age of 12 used an illicit narcotic.

This losing war has a high casualty rate, especially in communities of color. Though research indicates black Americans and Latinos are less likely to use drugs than whites, countless studies have shown that they are much more likely than whites to be arrested and prosecuted. The high incarceration rate for black men helps to explain much of the dysfunction in poor black neighborhoods: Imprisoned black men make poor fathers, husbands, and providers.

The Drug Policy Alliance, which favors legalization, recently released a study of marijuana arrests in various California municipalities. While Latinos were three times as likely to be arrested as whites, blacks were subject to rates of arrest anywhere from four to 12 times higher than whites, depending on the city. That's why the California chapter of the NAACP, the National Black Police Association, and the National Latino Officers Association have all endorsed Proposition 19.

Given the violence associated with the drug trade, especially in poor urban neighborhoods, you might be surprised that any police groups would favor legalizing a narcotic. But the violence is a consequence of the black market. The prohibition of alcohol created criminal enterprises and a wave of well-known gangsters such as Al Capone. Laws prohibiting narcotics have had a similar outcome.

Wouldn't legalizing marijuana just lead to more usage? Yes, it probably would. But scientific studies have shown that marijuana use is, generally speaking, no more detrimental than alcohol use. The predictable consequences of increased consumption can be handled by a law enforcement establishment already well-trained in handling alcohol intoxication.

Here's hoping California ends its modern-day reefer madness by legalizing marijuana.

Cynthia Tucker is an Atlanta Journal Constitution columnist.

Source: Philadelphia Inquirer, The (PA)
Author: Cynthia Tucker

ReelBusy1

Breeder
ICMag Donor
link please?

don't tease the trolls Dag.
it's not a real bill.
It's an idea for a bill that has no funding support or organized effort to get on the ballot this year last year or the next 5 years.
It 48 hours away.
The die is cast either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts