Vote YES or NO on Prop 19

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ditto, and if you live here and don't vote YES may God strike you down with seven plagues.

Can the federal courts overturn it? if so, how long would it take? And if that happens does it then go to the supreme court or ...?
yeah they can overturn it but it wont be overnight my guess is it will pretty much be like prop 8 I'm no expert on this issue maybe someone with more knowledge can chime in.

Frozenguy

Veteran
yeah they can overturn it but it wont be overnight my guess is it will pretty much be like prop 8 I'm no expert on this issue maybe someone with more knowledge can chime in.

No they can't overturn it, and they wont file a lawsuit. They may try to enforce federal law. If they do, it will be at the huge farm level, not small growers. Small growers will have to worry about Sheriff Baca turning them into the feds on that one because no California court will prosecute you. Baca will have to work with federal authorities which will be career suicide. He has to know this. Fear mongering is not career suicide, but a dangerous tactic.

The legalization of cannabis is a state wide issue, not a federal one. The feds may try and claim it is, but it isn't. Unless we start exporting bud, to other states, even if those other states are legal. Then its a federal crime because it crosses states line which falls under the commerce clause and that is legal (Although rather lame in most instances).

statusquo

Indeed, after re-reading it, that sentence was worded rather poorly. What I meant to say is that not all people that vote in favor of legalization view pot smokers as innocent. Some might vote yes on legalization but still view these people as degenerates and criminals (maybe not of technical law but of 'moral/natural law'). They might have voted for the lesser of two evils or for economic reasons or out of self interest. And I also certainly agree we have made much progress in the realm of pot legalization but the war is long from over unfortunately, at least imo.

ion

frankencannabis

frankencannabis

its about demons;

demons you know and demons you dont.

with that said, itsa baaaaad idea to legalize. the current paradigm with cannabis is just fine, you know what to do; stay low, watch your six, and if yer gonna get busted, DONT.
if you hafta get busted, $$ takes care of it. BOOM there it is.

and i can say it just like that cuz i been there cuz

i hold the cannabis plant in high regard, the last thing i wanna see is corporafuckity america brands with a leaf on it.

i believe it has nothing to do with the "people" anyway;

if the infallible rulers of our society deem it time for cannabis to be legal in cali, it will be so.

if they deem it not time...same ol' same.

we can talk about the democratic process until green in the face, but most of the people on this forum are intelligent. ALL politics are the same, voting in the u.s. beyond your immediate community is entertainment(at best)...and besides, we have numerous examples of how voting can be..'swayed' one way t'other before/during/after any election/voting process.

my point is thus; if it's deemed time for it to be legal, it will be.
if not, there ya go.

here's another way to look at it. first, you take a collapsing world economy headed up by a collapsing superpower(amerika) that has no possible growth other than assjack financial vehicles piled upon each other....mix in tons o' pot smokers who'd love to buy it down the street + corporations who ALWAYS have our best interests in mind........................................................................

monsanto/bayer/ADM/BASF........if the majority of members on this site knew what these fux have in store for the plant(and are already doing), you'd be bashing every pro-legal group you came into contact with.

the plant needs to stay exactly where it is,illegal. and i say this after a dear friend died 4 months ago from cancer that could've been cured with pheonix tears had he had access to it. we couldve got it for him, it wouldve been hard and illegal, but it coulda happened. i say this because if/when it goes legal, contingency plans for this occurence will come out of the woodwork and it'll be a clusterfuck beyond anything we could've imagined.

the issue is out of our hands at this point.....when G. soros flashes $1m to legalize....when you understand his positions at various "food-agri" corporations......that doesnt smell funny to you? the amount of $$ to be made from the plant is staggering, and we think it'll be legalized for a medicinal purpose?

sorry for the rant and it's garbled points, but i know these companies and i understand western civilization all too well. i understand the possibilities of what they will do with cannabis and it really, really concerns me. for all our sakes, i hope i'm wrong.

vta

Veteran
Indeed, after re-reading it, that sentence was worded rather poorly. What I meant to say is that not all people that vote in favor of legalization view pot smokers as innocent. Some might vote yes on legalization but still view these people as degenerates and criminals (maybe not of technical law but of 'moral/natural law'). They might have voted for the lesser of two evils or for economic reasons or out of self interest. And I also certainly agree we have made much progress in the realm of pot legalization but the war is long from over unfortunately, at least imo.

and that's just fine...we'll take those votes :)

its about demons;

demons you know and demons you dont.

with that said, itsa baaaaad idea to legalize. the current paradigm with cannabis is just fine, you know what to do; stay low, watch your six, and if yer gonna get busted, DONT.
if you hafta get busted, $$ takes care of it. BOOM there it is.

and i can say it just like that cuz i been there cuz

i hold the cannabis plant in high regard, the last thing i wanna see is corporafuckity america brands with a leaf on it.

i believe it has nothing to do with the "people" anyway;

if the infallible rulers of our society deem it time for cannabis to be legal in cali, it will be so.

if they deem it not time...same ol' same.

we can talk about the democratic process until green in the face, but most of the people on this forum are intelligent. ALL politics are the same, voting in the u.s. beyond your immediate community is entertainment(at best)...and besides, we have numerous examples of how voting can be..'swayed' one way t'other before/during/after any election/voting process.

my point is thus; if it's deemed time for it to be legal, it will be.
if not, there ya go.

here's another way to look at it. first, you take a collapsing world economy headed up by a collapsing superpower(amerika) that has no possible growth other than assjack financial vehicles piled upon each other....mix in tons o' pot smokers who'd love to buy it down the street + corporations who ALWAYS have our best interests in mind........................................................................

monsanto/bayer/ADM/BASF........if the majority of members on this site knew what these fux have in store for the plant(and are already doing), you'd be bashing every pro-legal group you came into contact with.

the plant needs to stay exactly where it is,illegal. and i say this after a dear friend died 4 months ago from cancer that could've been cured with pheonix tears had he had access to it. we couldve got it for him, it wouldve been hard and illegal, but it coulda happened. i say this because if/when it goes legal, contingency plans for this occurence will come out of the woodwork and it'll be a clusterfuck beyond anything we could've imagined.

the issue is out of our hands at this point.....when G. soros flashes $1m to legalize....when you understand his positions at various "food-agri" corporations......that doesnt smell funny to you? the amount of $$ to be made from the plant is staggering, and we think it'll be legalized for a medicinal purpose?

sorry for the rant and it's garbled points, but i know these companies and i understand western civilization all too well. i understand the possibilities of what they will do with cannabis and it really, really concerns me. for all our sakes, i hope i'm wrong.

In your opinion, you may not want to see this, but this is America and it is capitalist society. If there is money to be made someone, whether corporation or mom and pop, will be there to make it, just like I'm assuming you are. When you take away all of the ideological and idealistic arguments, there is not difference between a corporation creating a cannabis brand that is sold nationwide and a small business creating a cannabis brand that is sold in their town or geographic region.

As it has been said on numerous of other threads scattered throughout this forum, you will have people who will buy for quantity and will buy from corporations and people who will buy for quality and shop local businesses or even close friends. I do not want to get into the argument over big, bad, evil multinational corporations growing and selling cannabis products.

If with Prop 19, the point is that there will be a market that is big enough to support cannabis buyers of all types. And now price is not dictated by that fact that cannabis is against the law and the grower and/or selling is risking her or his freedom, but now price is dictated by a market. The only ones who have anything to worry about are those who cannot satisfy their demands of their customers, just like an other business.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
i deplore self imposed ignorance so i would be remiss i i did not implore you to enlighten us further?

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
i deplore self imposed ignorance so i would be remiss i i did not implore you to enlighten us further?

"Food Inc." a great documentary movie gives us a nice bit of info on Monsanto and their former high level legal counsel (Supreme Court Justice Clarance Thomas).

The movie is great and shows how this agra buz is fucking us hard and using THEIR OWNERSHIP of the US Supreme Court to do it.

The companies genetically modify plants to include a PATENTED gene, then if they find ANY of their genes on your land and you didn't pay them they sue you into the ground. It is really ironic and sad to watch these farmers getting sued because Monsanto's GMO pollen trespasses and fertilizes their soy bean crop.

What I see is good news it that we grow seedless crops (super premium indoor sinsemilia) and there is NO way in hell GMO plants will be the best of the best and even if they are FUCK Monsanto because they'll never have access to our grows or product. But the real point is my Purple Kush and all the other existing elite strains are free of GMO and will stay free so long as we don't cross it into our plants.

God only knows what is going to happen to the outdoor crops, wouldn't be surprised to see Monsanto dropping pollen by the plane load in NoCal ;)

:joint:

beta

Veteran

Can you envision any legalization bill that wouldn't suffer from this problem?

Welcome to capitalism - Are you saying we should never legalize cannabis because our economic system encourages the utter exploitation of anything profitable??

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
God only knows what is going to happen to the outdoor crops, wouldn't be surprised to see Monsanto dropping pollen by the plane load in NoCal ;)

:joint:
i understand monsanto and gmo i was referring to their existing work with cannabis..

a link or something so we can see a multinational corporation committing federal drug felonies for the minimal ROI reaped by cali passing 19..

i think we have all seen food inc by now right?

on the other hand my grandmother did help raise me working shift work working a nylon "spool" at a monsanto textile mill. she used to tell stories about the women who would not pay attention and lose an arm to a nylon thread moving at like 200 mph or whatever...

"Food Inc." a great documentary movie gives us a nice bit of info on Monsanto and their former high level legal counsel (Supreme Court Justice Clarance Thomas).

The movie is great and shows how this agra buz is fucking us hard and using THEIR OWNERSHIP of the US Supreme Court to do it.

The companies genetically modify plants to include a PATENTED gene, then if they find ANY of their genes on your land and you didn't pay them they sue you into the ground. It is really ironic and sad to watch these farmers getting sued because Monsanto's GMO pollen trespasses and fertilizes their soy bean crop.

What I see is good news it that we grow seedless crops (super premium indoor sinsemilia) and there is NO way in hell GMO plants will be the best of the best and even if they are FUCK Monsanto because they'll never have access to our grows or product. But the real point is my Purple Kush and all the other existing elite strains are free of GMO and will stay free so long as we don't cross it into our plants.

God only knows what is going to happen to the outdoor crops, wouldn't be surprised to see Monsanto dropping pollen by the plane load in NoCal
wink.gif

petard2.gif

I agree. Alot of No supporters seem to have this fear that cannabis will be taken over by corporations and in my opinion I don't see that happening.

Unlke soy, corn, cotton, wheat, peanut, etc., cannabis will *never* be an agronomic crop. And that distinction have to be made. The reason why companies like Monsanto have such a lock on agronomics crops such as the ones I listed above is because those crops are grown and applied to so many products used for mass distribution across the country and the world.

In my opinion, from a cultural practice viewpoint, cannabis could never been taken over by any corporation to the point where they could dominate the market in production and creation of seed or the buds because their are alternatives that will always exists to these companies.

vta

Veteran
Author: Hector De La Torre
Note: Assemblyman Hector De La Torre represents the 50th district in
the California State Assembly.

WHY YOU SHOULD VOTE YES ON PROP. 19

AS an elected official, I believe California's current marijuana policy is a failure that causes immense harm to our communities. That is why I am endorsing Proposition 19, the initiative to control, tax and regulate adult cannabis consumption.

I do not use marijuana, nor do I want anyone's children to use it. However, the reality is that our current marijuana prohibition laws do nothing to prevent use, especially among young people. Teens consistently report that it is easier for them to obtain illegal marijuana than it is to get legal and age-regulated alcohol. That's because schoolyard dealers don't ask for ID like licensed businesses do.

It is time to create a sensible, constructive policy that takes marijuana out of the hands of organized crime and actually allows our local governments to begin enacting control and regulation.

Every year, our state spends hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars and thousands of police hours on the war against marijuana. Every police hour spent targeting nonviolent adult marijuana offenders is an hour that could be spent protecting our communities from the threat of violent crime. Indeed, in 2008 almost 60,000 violent crimes went unsolved in California. That same year, more than 61,000 Californians were arrested for misdemeanor marijuana possession.

We just cannot afford to distract our law enforcement officials with low-level marijuana offenses.

At the same time, other state legislators and I are trying to find solutions to our state's ongoing multi-billion dollar budget deficit. Last year's shortfall equals the amount spent last year on prisons, community colleges and the California State University and University of California systems combined, according to the nonpartisan California Budget Project.

In a study released this month, Jeffrey Miron, a Harvard University economist, found that marijuana prohibition in California alone consumes overall government expenditures of more than $960 million annually while forcing us to forgo what would be an additional $351 million in tax revenues from legal and taxed marijuana.

As elected officials, we must overcome decades-old complacency and legislative gridlock surrounding this issue. When current policy has so obviously failed, we must begin the hard work of crafting better policy solutions and learning to adapt to changing circumstances.

I believe the passage of Proposition 19 would yield many positive results. We can take advantage of the projected increase in tax revenues to avoid budget cuts to education and other public services. We can support the development of small businesses. And we can establish responsible labor standards that support employer and employee success in a legal, regulated market.

And importantly, Proposition 19 will establish a strongly regulated market for marijuana just like we have for alcohol. Only licensed vendors will be permitted to sell marijuana, and then only to adults older than 21. The cost savings from no longer prosecuting low-level marijuana users and the new revenue generated by taxing and regulating it will be especially important in these tough economic times.

Proposition 19 would also curtail the destruction in our forests and wilderness areas by illegal growers who supply drug cartels and gangs.

The people of California recognize that regulation and taxation are preferable to the current broken system of marijuana prohibition.

A poll released this week by Survey USA shows 48 percent of those polled support taxing and regulating marijuana, compared with 44 percent against. Constituencies with majority support include likely voters ages 18 to 34 ( 59 percent ), independents ( 51 percent ) and Latino voters ( 50 percent ).

For these reasons I will be voting yes on Proposition 19. I urge others to do the same.

ReelBusy1

Breeder
ICMag Donor
RE Big Biz and Pot

If the only argument you have against legalization is that big agra biz will take over the pot biz and destroy it then you are looking at the glass the wrong way.
Big agra may make a move on and crapify the pot they sell.
But this gives you the grower of high quality herb a leg up in the market to the connoisseurs in the market place.
It's like booze.
You can make Night Train and Ripple or you can make high quality burgundy.
There's a huge market for both.

And no one goes to jail.

Vote Yes on 19 and Vote for Kamala Harris too!

Why are you guys worried it will be taken over by corporations? You know how to grow right? Thats like me worring the ford corporations going to take my 67 mustang if ford gets bought out cmon. ? Peace.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Can the federal courts overturn it? if so, how long would it take? And if that happens does it then go to the supreme court or ...?

The fact of the matter is that the federal government has given California an ultimatum, and this is a direct challenge to your freedoms and your state rights. californians must VOTE YES, to prevent the federal government from stomping all over you this law needs to be passed.

WHAT HAPPENS IF IT FAILS? well if the bill fails it will be a clear message to the federal government to come after prop 215, and medical rights around the country will quickly start disappearing. If you give the feds an inch they will take everything.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
The fact of the matter is that the federal government has given California an ultimatum, and this is a direct challenge to your freedoms and your state rights. californians must VOTE YES, to prevent the federal government from stomping all over you this law needs to be passed.

WHAT HAPPENS IF IT FAILS? well if the bill fails it will be a clear message to the federal government to come after prop 215, and medical rights around the country will quickly start disappearing. If you give the feds an inch they will take everything.

come on, thats a bit far fetched saying that if it fails, medical rights will disappear.......

i respect you, but if thats not fear mongering, what is?

there ultimatum has to do with the legalization of cannabis, nothing to do with medical.....

could be wrong, but im pretty sure.......

Status
Not open for further replies.