• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Vote YES or NO on Prop 19

prop 215, and sb420 are exempt from prop 19 period.

They are already taxing in some counties like Santa Cruz.

So im not sure. Mendocino county has a 25 dollar a plant tax.

But my medication should not be taxed.

I was advised (and did) to collect tax on each transaction we did for our collective. We ended up building it (the tax) into the 'out the door pricing' to make things 'easier' for the patients (tax included) but we paid the taxes we collected on every transaction.

EDIT: in an effort to avoid tax evasion... We were advised that non profit/501c corps still needed to pay/report sales tax

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
It is my understanding that a lot of cities already have tax proposals. Most have lower taxes for MMJ than rec MJ but tax is prescribed for both in most cities bills.

Also these taxes are on top of the state sales tax that Greyskull collects and remits.

:joint:

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Obviously you should vote yes.

I'm curious about many things.... but seeing as how nobody knows the answers there is only one way to find out.

Even if it goes afoul, it's probably the best thing we'll ever get.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Obviously you should vote yes.

I'm curious about many things.... but seeing as how nobody knows the answers there is only one way to find out.

Even if it goes afoul, it's probably the best thing we'll ever get.

I'm curious about how it will work out in actuality..if passed--
All we can do at this point, is speculate-- Rather than do that, I think it is better to work on getting it passed--
It has been an uphill fight for Decades...this might be close to the summit--:ying:

Devilboy

THE COUNTY I LIVE IN WE ARE REQUIRED TO CHARGE SALES TAX ON EACH SALE OF MMJ

those that have chosen not to pay the tax have had the sheriffs lock there doors on them so we pay it .hell i dont mind paying it keeps the city happy ,cops happy,non smokers happy.they can have my 9%of sales leaves us with alot more than zero %..hahahaha

i have herd that non mmj smokers will possibly pay a $20 or more per oz tax plus the sales tax if 19 passes{might be more or less in other places can only speak on what they might do here} but hell its still alot less tax then what im paying on my cigs

mind you this is only for commercial sales those who flip a couple oz outta there grow to cover the costs and keep the grow going arent paying any taxes{donations the way around taxes} but hell dont try going this route if ur moving alotta smoke but if u just wanna get rid of a lil to pay the light & water bill its fine

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
THE COUNTY I LIVE IN WE ARE REQUIRED TO CHARGE SALES TAX ON EACH SALE OF MMJ

those that have chosen not to pay the tax have had the sheriffs lock there doors on them so we pay it .hell i dont mind paying it keeps the city happy ,cops happy,non smokers happy.they can have my 9%of sales leaves us with alot more than zero %..hahahaha

i have herd that non mmj smokers will possibly pay a $20 or more per oz tax plus the sales tax if 19 passes{might be more or less in other places can only speak on what they might do here} but hell its still alot less tax then what im paying on my cigs

mind you this is only for commercial sales those who flip a couple oz outta there grow to cover the costs and keep the grow going arent paying any taxes{donations the way around taxes} but hell dont try going this route if ur moving alotta smoke but if u just wanna get rid of a lil to pay the light & water bill its fine

In which creating competition for sales tax, no county can go to high, ( no pun intended) because then u can just drive to the next county to pick up your marijuana.

I had to drive 4 hours and still do, to get some from a dispensary. Kinda sad. but thats it, at least i have that option.

vta

Veteran
C-SPAN Debate

Click HERE TO WATCH

Dear NORML Members and Supporters:

I’ve been invited back to C-Span to debate and discuss the topics of cannabis legalization, and specifically California’s upcoming vote on Prop. 19, a measure that if approved by the voters will effectively legalize cannabis in America’s most important state politically and economically.

Former Drug Enforcement Administration chief and Republican congressman from Arkansas Asa Hutchinson has stepped up to argue in favor of the status quo and continuing into a ninth decade of Cannabis Prohibition.

The live interview is scheduled to broadcast Saturday morning (10/9/10) on C-Span TV, 9:15am – 10:00am (eastern…sorry west coasters!). Like most C-Span shows, the public is invited to ask questions or make short commentary.

This C-Span interview is likely the result of the Wall Street Journal publishing an unprecedented jointly signed letter earlier this week by every previous DEA administrator predictably calling for the Obama administration to actively oppose politically viable cannabis legalization voter initiatives in places like California (just the way they did).

Is the body politic (and the mainstream media that has so aptly aided and abetted these technocrats’ blatant disregard for democracy, science, compassion and common sense) really, really nervous about the cataclysmic blow that California voters are about to level on a self-evidently failed federal government public policy—another ‘war’ lost by government?

What do you think?

See you on the TV and kind regards,

-Allen St. Pierre
Executive Director
NORML
Washington, D.C.

I am a little hesitant to spend 100 dollars to renew my rec if the bill passes next month. What will happen to dispensaries if this bill ends up passing?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
this prop does not effect 215 at all. They will need to figure out that stuff out in the own counties.

I mostly hit up the SF and richmond clubs. I cant really see them closing down if the bill passes. I still am not sure how I will vote on 19. The idea of billions of dollars in federal revenue for highways and schools being stripped would be detrimental to the state if this was really the case.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
I mostly hit up the SF and richmond clubs. I cant really see them closing down if the bill passes. I still am not sure how I will vote on 19. The idea of billions of dollars in federal revenue for highways and schools being stripped would be detrimental to the state if this was really the case.

.....they threatened the same thing with 215 and it turned out to be an empty ultimatum.

ReelBusy1

Breeder
ICMag Donor

There's a lot of cops and feds and DA's that want you to vote NO.
Are you going to jump through their hoop?

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran

We use to build our highways, and schools with the richs money, at a 90 percent tax rate. But that all stopped when Reggan became in office. A rich actor who was sick of his money being taxed. So now we are a 3rd world country. We only have Rich, and the poor.

That has nothing to do with Marijuana being legal, and stopping arrest. As the DEA has no business in marijuana and needs to focus on real drugs, that do real harm. Like Meth, Crack and the biker gangs behind that.

And gang activity that they have NO control over in big cities and all over America.

Instead they focus on Medical marijuana dispensary and raiding who ever they want, because they know we wont fight back physical and its a easy target.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpqKA9_ddFk&feature=PlayList&p=757C6DA1A198763C&index=0&playnext=1

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
C-SPAN Debate

Click HERE TO WATCH

Dear NORML Members and Supporters:

I’ve been invited back to C-Span to debate and discuss the topics of cannabis legalization, and specifically California’s upcoming vote on Prop. 19, a measure that if approved by the voters will effectively legalize cannabis in America’s most important state politically and economically.

Former Drug Enforcement Administration chief and Republican congressman from Arkansas Asa Hutchinson has stepped up to argue in favor of the status quo and continuing into a ninth decade of Cannabis Prohibition.

The live interview is scheduled to broadcast Saturday morning (10/9/10) on C-Span TV, 9:15am – 10:00am (eastern…sorry west coasters!). Like most C-Span shows, the public is invited to ask questions or make short commentary.

This C-Span interview is likely the result of the Wall Street Journal publishing an unprecedented jointly signed letter earlier this week by every previous DEA administrator predictably calling for the Obama administration to actively oppose politically viable cannabis legalization voter initiatives in places like California (just the way they did).

Is the body politic (and the mainstream media that has so aptly aided and abetted these technocrats’ blatant disregard for democracy, science, compassion and common sense) really, really nervous about the cataclysmic blow that California voters are about to level on a self-evidently failed federal government public policy—another ‘war’ lost by government?

What do you think?

See you on the TV and kind regards,

-Allen St. Pierre
Executive Director
NORML
Washington, D.C.

Thank you

Informative debate for people that aren't in the "know". Nothing new to me personally.

They focused the former DEA agent pretty heavily; I don't know what to think of that.

Devilboy

im going to make a couple of points

1 for those who are afraid that 19 will cause prices to drop due to every one growing
first of to get set up on the cheap side {your not a handy man who can build } you would need to go out and buy a turn key 4x4 closet the cost of this is aprox $1000 next you will need to buy clones or seeds to fill this closet 24clones =$240 average craigslist price next expect 75-100 dollars a month in pg&e cost 30-50 dollars a month in water so on the cheap side of things a person will need to shell out aprox $ 1700 up front before ever pulling there first crop in todays times how many people have that money laying around to spend not many...
out door growers basic knowledge will have them growing once a year and without knowing what they are doing they will be pulling a couple oz a plant having a few plants this in no way makes them any form of competition they don't have the knowledge or resources to pull harvests to make a dent in the need of smokers
if you look around right now there is tons of low grade and b grade mj around being sold for 20-35 dollars a 1/8 this wont change !!! there will always be tons of shit out there that myself and most smokers i know wouldn't smoke if you payed me to .those who know how and are willing to put the love into growing mj creating top shelf meds will still have the same market we have now with increased customer base from all the 19 smokers who you can now sell to without fear of having your card taken away
so when people say it will drive prices down yes it will for those growing shit weed that aint good for nothing other then making hash yes your prices may drop slightly but for those that grow quality i personal think prices may rise slightly case there will be a overwhelming demand from the new customer base for that "good stuff" which only few will have to offer

next point people pay the fucking tax and stop crying about getting raided if you take a closer look at clubs being raided all of them are ones refusing to pay a tax .clubs even in the {la area} that comply and pay tax{i refer to it as protection money(gov mob)}seem to be having no problems keeping cops out of there clubs and the doors open.where i am at there are to clubs one has payed taxes since it opened doors and has no big street advertising .has not once been closed down or raided or had any problems from law or city enforcement now across town we have club b who keeps claiming non profit which has been shut down 4 times changed its name twice and still to this day keeps fighting paying its share ..
do i agree with the tax personally no but to stay in business its a must why in the hell will city's want you selling weed with out giving them there cut .to them when you do this you are looked at as no better then the bangers on the corner pushing dimes and nicks of that shit weed

delerious

im going to make a couple of points

1 for those who are afraid that 19 will cause prices to drop due to every one growing
first of to get set up on the cheap side {your not a handy man who can build } you would need to go out and buy a turn key 4x4 closet the cost of this is aprox $1000 next you will need to buy clones or seeds to fill this closet 24clones =$240 average craigslist price next expect 75-100 dollars a month in pg&e cost 30-50 dollars a month in water so on the cheap side of things a person will need to shell out aprox $ 1700 up front before ever pulling there first crop in todays times how many people have that money laying around to spend not many...

I spent less than that starting, still over a grand I think though. I agree the biggest costs are the start-up costs (indoor), but it can be relatively cheap for some - if we're talking the casual rec smoker, growing for their personal use, they might not need to grow more than 2 or 3 plants to supply their needs (24 plants yielding a shitty 1 oz each would be 2 oz. per month to smoke).

Top quality will still command a premium, but there's still going to be some pressure forcing the prices down some (IMHO). When I started growing, one of the things that came down on the pro grow side was the cost - in my case, for the price of 3 oz., I could grow a lot more. Granted, in the beginning there were some setbacks and learning experiences, but I kept with it instead of giving up. What I have now may not be the best, but it's pretty close to the best for the strains I'm growing. Of course, I also have the option of trying different strains or growing what I prefer to smoke instead of having to accept what's available - in my case, tolerance built up too quickly for some of the strains that were available.

Devilboy

Top quality will still command a premium, but there's still going to be some pressure forcing the prices down some (IMHO). When I started growing, one of the things that came down on the pro grow side was the cost - in my case, for the price of 3 oz., I could grow a lot more. Granted, in the beginning there were some setbacks and learning experiences, but I kept with it instead of giving up. What I have now may not be the best, but it's pretty close to the best for the strains I'm growing. Of course, I also have the option of trying different strains or growing what I prefer to smoke instead of having to accept what's available - in my case, tolerance built up too quickly for some of the strains that were available.

ya my figures were for a basic set up some one could walk in store and walk out ready to grow

of course there will be set backs and fails every one has had them but that whats makes the difference between those growing top shelf and those growing crap.the people growing top shelf have put in the time worked there asses off dialing in there grows sinking more and more money into there set ups getting better and better at it hell my first grow 20 some years ago was a old florescent shop light a kiddie pool full of yard dirt a box fan in the window ..lmaooo damm that was fun hahhahaha but what i end up with now is completly diff from back then hell if i were to try and smoke some of what i grew back then today no way

i know what you mean about building tolerance thats why i have 20 diff strains of mothers and i rotate what i grow with a few that are always grown starting to get into crossing strains now you know playin around a bit just had some seeds pop of some g13 i crossed with a male white widow gonna play around with it for a lil bit and see how it turns out if she comes out anything like her parents shes gonna be one bad bitch :jump:

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
but in what the late 70's early 80's somewhere back there the feds done the same thing over the drinking age
told everyone raise it to 21 or loose your highway money and every state bent over

They also Fucked NV into a BAC of .08 down from the .10 that NV had used for decades.

The US government sucks!

:joint:

Status
Not open for further replies.