Vote YES or NO on Prop 19

Vote YES or NO on Prop 19

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
I can't believe anyone has the nerve to attempt to tell me how big my garden can be in my house. Who the hell do you think you are? Lol..

umm how big is your non med garden allowed to be now?

prohibition is the strictest form of regulation yes or no?

Frozenguy

Veteran
umm how big is your non med garden allowed to be now?

prohibition is the strictest form of regulation yes or no?

Right but you keep forgetting its STATE LAW that I can grow cannabis. It is LEGAL to grow cannabis.

TRC2010 will only be legal if you follow their rules as well.

I and any other Californian of the age 18 (not 21 in TRC2010) or over can grow unlimited amounts of plants.

The reason you will find a lot of out-of-staters wanting to vote yes is because they want to vacation in California and smoke legally, and/or are hoping this will streamline legalization for the rest of the country so they dont have to move. Both will essentially happen, which is great, but I'm not supporting a bill that I dont agree with just because a bunch of outsiders think its right, and dont know what the hell happens in California.

Also, if you go over the poll more closely, you'll see that 8 or more people voted for both Ca resident-yes and yes-but I would rather vote for a better bill. Doesn't change much, but its a little misleading. Solid no's are either: even farther ahead then solids then before, or the "hope for a better bill" crowd is about 20% smaller then advertised.

And to answer your question, yes prohibition is the strictest form of regulation.
With that said, Californian's of the 18 or over, are not prohibited against cultivating cannabis.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
Right but you keep forgetting its STATE LAW that I can grow cannabis. It is LEGAL to grow cannabis.

TRC2010 will only be legal if you follow their rules as well.

I and any other Californian of the age 18 (not 21 in TRC2010) or over can grow unlimited amounts of plants.

The reason you will find a lot of out-of-staters wanting to vote yes is because they want to vacation in California and smoke legally, and/or are hoping this will streamline legalization for the rest of the country so they dont have to move. Both will essentially happen, which is great, but I'm not supporting a bill that I dont agree with just because a bunch of outsiders think its right, and dont know what the hell happens in California.

Also, if you go over the poll more closely, you'll see that 8 or more people voted for both Ca resident-yes and yes-but I would rather vote for a better bill. Doesn't change much, but its a little misleading. Solid no's are either: even farther ahead then solids then before, or the "hope for a better bill" crowd is about 20% smaller then advertised.

so you believe you can grow as large a non med garden as you want legally?

ok there is the problem...
thats just patently FALSE!!!!

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
1)I'm happy to see that more Californians then not are going to vote no (according to this poll). Its what I thought would happen. A lot of the people supporting prop 19 dont even live in the state.

2)Truthfully, California isn't ready for all this tax revenue. They dont even know how to spend their current revenue. Reguardless, I hope this poll is a representation of what we'll see in November. Hopefully we vote it off the ballot..

3)With that said, I'm native born California, I haven't done a commercial grow in several years and dont plan on it; but if I did, I would look forward to legalization at any degree (almost) because that means $$$$$$$.

4)And I'll be damned if anyone should attempt to claim how much of any plant I can grow in my house.
1)the poll shows diff
2)what?
3)what?
4)you do know they already tell us right?...0 plants allowed

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
In KUSH magazine there was a lovely add to say no on Prop 19 and said the following...

SAY NO TO PROP 19

New Laws for Cannabis users

No Compassion for the seriously ill
No Medicating in Same Building with your children
Zero Tolerance for Medicating in Public (Even Discreetly)
More Tax on your Medical Cannabis

votenoonporposition19.org

I thought that made it plain and simple for folks that need common sense reasons and Richard Lee is all about himself IMO just look at the greedy grin he gives when asked about how much he sells in Marijuana Inc! Like a lil Dick Cheney looking at a demolished country!

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
In KUSH magazine there was a lovely add to say no on Prop 19 and said the following... *bullshit, bullshit, bullshit*

If your too ignorant to read the proposal and take your voting advice from a paid advertisement in a third rate marijuana magazine, you shouldnt be allowed to vote in the first place.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran

so, its all about you? fuck the rest? this is the attitude that, while we prob cant completely weed out(no pun intended) of our community, there are always gonna be a few peeps w this attitude, hopefully we will be able to defeat this attitude at the polls. hope so. for all our sakes

Frozenguy

Veteran
1)the poll shows diff
2)what?
3)what?
4)you do know they already tell us right?...0 plants allowed

1.) The poll shows that solid no's are wining against solid yes. The people who have been pressured into voting yes count as well, and in that case yes wins, but they admit the bill sucks, and its a sad day when someone will vote for something they aren't happy with. Also, some of those people double voted yes.

2.) What is it that you dont understand? California will just mismanage this money and put us into even a bigger hole.
3.) Some people will talk about how commercial growers dont want it legalized, and I'm showing that not all are the same, and the smart commercial growers that grow good product can only benefit from legalization.
I make this disclaimer because a lot of people will just jump to calling one a profit driven anti, when in fact many are not.

4.) Where have you been since the nineties? Californians can, and have been growing a TON of weed legally. Where does it say Californians can grow a total of 0 plants?

so you believe you can grow as large a non med garden as you want legally?

ok there is the problem...
thats just patently FALSE!!!!

No, I never said non med garden. So dont try and act like I did.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
In KUSH magazine there was a lovely add to say no on Prop 19 and said the following...

SAY NO TO PROP 19

New Laws for Cannabis users

No Compassion for the seriously ill
No Medicating in Same Building with your children
Zero Tolerance for Medicating in Public (Even Discreetly)
More Tax on your Medical Cannabis

votenoonporposition19.org

I thought that made it plain and simple for folks that need common sense reasons and Richard Lee is all about himself IMO just look at the greedy grin he gives when asked about how much he sells in Marijuana Inc! Like a lil Dick Cheney looking at a demolished country!

i guess i can add another shitty rag to the pile of "not worth shit" mags about cannabis...haha...what a bunch of idiots...they publish a mag about cannabis and dont want prop 19? i wonder which dispensary publishes it? or which dispensary owner...or was it a paid advertisement?

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ive never heard of Kush Magazine. Must be quite the rag with a name like that ... so original!

Frozenguy

Veteran
so, its all about you? fuck the rest? this is the attitude that, while we prob cant completely weed out(no pun intended) of our community, there are always gonna be a few peeps w this attitude, hopefully we will be able to defeat this attitude at the polls. hope so. for all our sakes

Are you joking? Because I'm voting no I'm thinking only of myself? How thick do you have to be to come to that conclusion?

Fuck the rest? What the hell does that mean? We, I, have done SO MUCH for the entire country in terms of cannabis legalization/decriminalization. This is the biggest step we've taken and we better do it right.

I'm wanting to do things right, not as fast as we can. "Fuck all the rest", what a joke. How is the rest getting fucked? Who is the rest you're talking about? The rest of the nation that does nothing (relatively speaking) to further their own movement but jump down our busy throats to make it easier for them? Is that the rest? Because you can't be talking about Californians, because everyone who wants to smoke, does so without prosecution (unless its something obnoxious that would get you in trouble with TRC2010 anyways).

shasta

Your Poll

Your Poll

How many here believe a poll on icmag represents a cross section of registered CA voters? Those stepping up to vote on this site...will you be voting come November? Other issues on the ballot of consequence to you?

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
How many here believe a poll on icmag represents a cross section of registered CA voters? Those stepping up to vote on this site...will you be voting come November? Other issues on the ballot of consequence to you?

this poll means Jack shit,,,, it's a growers forum. most smokers I know never heard about icmag,,, I mean we hot what 150-200 votes out of 34 million??? All polls show 19 passing. Ic is the only poll I seen that shows different and were still beating em. 19 will pass regardless of what these cats think

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
1.) The poll shows that solid no's are wining against solid yes. The people who have been pressured into voting yes count as well, and in that case yes wins, but they admit the bill sucks, and its a sad day when someone will vote for something they aren't happy with. Also, some of those people double voted yes.
---yes and yes but would prefer better are both yes's...thats what i was referring to
2.) What is it that you dont understand? California will just mismanage this money and put us into even a bigger hole.
---the fact that the states economy has been driven into the ground at 125 mph and will prob continue to be is absolutely no reason to say no to millions in tax revenue and while i certainly wasnt trying to be offensive, the idea that we are 'not ready' for more money is absolutely a stunningly laughable bit of logic
3.) Some people will talk about how commercial growers dont want it legalized, and I'm showing that not all are the same, and the smart commercial growers that grow good product can only benefit from legalization.
I make this disclaimer because a lot of people will just jump to calling one a profit driven anti, when in fact many are not.
---ok i got ya on this one..i misunderstood what you were saying
4.) Where have you been since the nineties? Californians can, and have been growing a TON of weed legally. Where does it say Californians can grow a total of 0 plants?
---if you do not have a medical card, you CANNOT FUCKIN GROW, POSSESS, OR SMOKE CANNABIS correct? what about this do YOU not understand?

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Are you joking? Because I'm voting no I'm thinking only of myself? How thick do you have to be to come to that conclusion?

Fuck the rest? What the hell does that mean? We, I, have done SO MUCH for the entire country in terms of cannabis legalization/decriminalization. This is the biggest step we've taken and we better do it right.

I'm wanting to do things right, not as fast as we can. "Fuck all the rest", what a joke. How is the rest getting fucked? Who is the rest you're talking about? The rest of the nation that does nothing (relatively speaking) to further their own movement but jump down our busy throats to make it easier for them? Is that the rest? Because you can't be talking about Californians, because everyone who wants to smoke, does so without prosecution (unless its something obnoxious that would get you in trouble with TRC2010 anyways).

sorry man...no offense, but your arguments are doing absolutely nothing to overcome the moral issue at stake. dont feel like im jumping down your throat, i havent seen a single anti 19 put one single argument up that would convince me there is more evil then good in this bill...not a single solitary argument ANY of you are making...some good points have been brought up, but beyond that, nothing....i try to stay away from these threads...but i get sucked back in occasionally...i didnt take the time to dissect the arguments specifically, i am incapable of doing that and holding my temper and patience in check...but if you have any more questions for me, it IS a slow day at work, i can prob take the time to answer them

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm wanting to do things right, not as fast as we can

maybe we have a different frame of reference...maybe thats why we dont see eye to eye on the issue...prime example: i do not think of 50 years as "as fast as we can"...this possibly could be another example of the generation gap in attitudes...im an old fucker

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
No, I never said non med garden. So dont try and act like I did.

ohh i see where you are confused..
19 is for recreational ans 215/420 for med...

this thread is about 19.

currently non medical is PROHIBITED. 19 changes that. why would you want the prohibition to continue?

Mrgrowem

After a Rancho Cordova woman complained last year about the skunky smell of pot being grown by a medical marijuana-using neighbor, one City Council member suggested a ban on residential pot cultivation.

That proposal went nowhere. But now Rancho Cordova is asking voters to make the city the first in California to approve a tax on home-grown pot for personal use.

Advocates for medical marijuana and a state initiative to legalize pot for recreational use say the proposed tax is so prohibitive that virtually no one could afford to grow marijuana in the Sacramento County city.

The city's Personal Cannabis Cultivation Tax measure on the Nov. 2 ballot would impose an annual tax of $600 per square foot on indoor marijuana cultivation of up to and including 25 square feet, and a $900-per-square-foot tax for anything larger.

The full story is here....http://www.sacbee.com/2010/08/29/2990666/california-town-wants-to-tax-marijuana.html

This is why I have doubts about my decision to vote yes on 19. I'm pretty darn sure most of the state will end up just like this. It already has in many cities and counties through-out California. Pot smokers, medical or recommended...are not wanted here legal or not. This is the new way, tax cannabis and regulate it into extinction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts