What's new

Vote NO to legalize cannabis....Or else

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaggyballs

Veteran
I asked are you happy with your current cannabis laws:

In Nevada, no. Senator Mark "I'm a constitutional lawyer now running for Lt Gov" Hutchinson totally ignored the NV Constitutional amendment that gives mmj patients the right to "Use and Possess the plant" simply because "Law enforcement wanted it that way" and to force patients into a state approved monopoly of chosen ones'. It's going to take a lawsuit to sue the state to straighten the whole thing out.
Not only does the new mmj law violate patients rights, it violates patients equal rights protections guaranteed under the 14 amendment of the US Constitution.
For example. Over in Nye County, they get 1 dispensary for the whole county. It will be located in Pahrump. Any patient that lives within 25 miles of said dispensary is supposed to NOT be able to grow their own with a few tight exceptions. Now, Nye county is huge. There isn't another town within 25 miles of Pahrump. The Nye County seat is 165 miles away in Tonapah. So every patient in the remainder of Nye county would be able to continue to grow as if nothing ever happened. it is a violation of equal rights to single out the patients in one town in a county and not another.
So am I happy about our current situation? FUCK NO!!!

Other than that, have a great weekend.

HMM....

Last edited:

satva

Veteran
should I be able to grow 10,000 weed plants.

You should if you can personally smoke all the weed from 10,000 plants.
Colorado's amendment 64 would not have been approved if the limit for personal growing was 10,000 plants instead of 6 plants.

Legalization without the rights granted to legally grow marijuana for personnel use is not for me. Clearly the intent to grow 10,000 plants is a commercial venture, and would be regulated like any other Colorado business.

Legalization, in order to pass a popular vote, needs to be approved by say 35% of voters that don't smoke marijuana. Colorado's legalization Amendment 64 was passed because it was moderate, 6 plants grows for personal use, and tax revenue used for capital construction of schools.

Colorado just allocated $10 million in grants to fund scientific research on marijuana. $10 million is a sizable and reasonable portion of the tax revenue collected from recreational sales. Other states that are contemplating legalization amendments should review Colorado's Amendment 64, and how the State of Colorado implements and regulates Amendment 64. Marijuana is legal because Amendment 64 is a win win situation - give a little get a little. Home growing for personal use works for me. The last time, I bought marijuana was in 1978, so I don't know much about the cost or quality of marijuana being sold in medical and recreational marijuana stores.

One step at a time, the door for legalizing marijuana is opening. Several Latin American and South American countries are currently considering legalization of marijuana, and or legalization of medical marijuana.

The price of legal marijuana should be - the cost of growing plus a reasonable profit plus a reasonable sales tax. I also grow most of my food, and can't imagine living in a state that did not allow me to grow my own.

Last edited:

shaggyballs

Veteran
should I be able to grow 10,000 weed plants.

The price of legal marijuana should be - the cost of growing plus a reasonable profit plus a reasonable sales tax. I also grow most of my food, and can't imagine living in a state that did not allow me to grow my own.
Michigan

There once was a time when vegetable gardening and backyard farming were not endangered; these activities were a way of life. However, with booming big agriculture business comes the need for monetary and job security, which means that threatening the productivity of big agriculture will not be tolerated. With Michigan’s recent ban on backyard farming, along with many states regulating the amount of garden space individuals may have in their yard, the ability for Americans to grow their own food and feed themselves is becoming a thing of the past. The future of personal gardening and farming is in danger and may become illegal altogether.
Read more at http://guardianlv.com/2014/05/perso...ing-are-becoming-illegal/#Uqst3d0I2ea3l5I2.99

shopkin

I was cautious about being busted for 47 years before getting a medical registration...... and now they talk about legalization. Some how it has just taken all the fun out of it

shaggyballs

Veteran
I was cautious about being busted for 47 years before getting a medical registration...... and now they talk about legalization. Some how it has just taken all the fun out of it

Caution is your friend!
Or jump in first then find out what it contains?

Nevada!!

The above posts address the same fears I was trying to express!
These are real World example that are simply too real to ignore!

Oh ya this is another example of Big GOV. taking away another one of our rights!
We give you this but ....your rights must be sacrificed.
Where is the logic ......if you are a medical patient you no longer have a right to own a gun...WHAT!

Do your homework people before it is too late like it may be for some already!

Be aware!!
This place will become a full blown tyranny in our lifetime, with bullshit laws like that continually being passed. Damn, if the public doesn't push back on this. Or we; so passively apathetic, resigned to bury our heads into the sand, we might as well line up for the gas chambers, and get it over with! The hell with that shit! An unconstitutional law is not a law!

HunterJ

While not ideal (any) legalization is better than criminalization. Would rather see cannabis just left alone but that's not going to happen while there's money to be made and people to be manipulated.

Legalize, yes, but go on growing your best as if it wasn't ...

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
This place will become a full blown tyranny in our lifetime, with bullshit laws like that continually being passed. Damn, if the public doesn't push back on this. Or we; so passively apathetic, resigned to bury our heads into the sand, we might as well line up for the gas chambers, and get it over with! The hell with that shit! An unconstitutional law is not a law!

The federal laws against Cannabis were passed in 1937 were you even around then? When you say "This place will become a full blown tyranny in our lifetime" tell that to the Americans with a Japanese heritage, they spent the 2WW in prison concentration camps after they were forced to sell businesses and homes and farms for a fraction of their worth, where were you or your kind to help them? Most Americans supported locking them up, everyone knew the Japs were going to invade California any day. Sure....
I support legalization as 800,000+ arrests yearly have to be stopped, what is your plan to stop them? Anything?
Legalize, Tax and Regulate, stop the Cannabis arrests, enough is enough.

-SamS

Last edited:

shaggyballs

Veteran
800,000+ arrests yearly have to be stopped, stop the Cannabis arrests, enough is enough.

Of this there is no doubt!

catbuds

I'm from the east coast, so I have no idea what you guys go through. But after reading hundreds of posts revolving around the same issue, I think maybe you're ALL right! Could be the individual dispensaries you've dealt with or your area. You guys are the ones experiencing it, & every poster I've read (also from 6 other forums) seems convinced of their statement. So I'd have to say, yeah, from their own experiences, everybody's correct! Its gonna take time to work out the kinks. Nothing starts out perfect. For now, lets be gratefull we've come this far & lets work on fixing things. Our argument should be with the government, not each other. You know, the whole 'united we stand' thing. PEACE ! :)

shaggyballs

Veteran
I'm from the east coast, so I have no idea what you guys go through. But after reading hundreds of posts revolving around the same issue, I think maybe you're ALL right! Could be the individual dispensaries you've dealt with or your area. You guys are the ones experiencing it, & every poster I've read (also from 6 other forums) seems convinced of their statement. So I'd have to say, yeah, from their own experiences, everybody's correct! Its gonna take time to work out the kinks. Nothing starts out perfect. For now, lets be gratefull we've come this far & lets work on fixing things. Our argument should be with the government, not each other. You know, the whole 'united we stand' thing. PEACE ! :)

catbuds is surely right on this one!

I have rethunk my original statement.
LEGALIZE CANNABIS THE RIGHT WAY!!
Or Else!

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
That I can agree with.
Legalize, and Tax and Regulate.
Not because I think they deserve any money from Cannabis, but in the long run the fastest way is to give the government a piece of the pie, and big biz also. I also think commercial producers need regulation to assure safety to consumers. Medical users even more.
-SamS

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Let's take a look at some real history here, and reflect...

Actually, home made liquor has been outlawed since the days of Washington; he was largely responsible in putting it into action. It just could not be tolerated that people were making a product, and selling it, profiting, and without paying anyone else for it. The government; starving, and in it's early infancy, already started flexing it's muscle by taking from some, and giving to others. Needless to say, the art of legalized theft has never stopped since. Who are the real money-grubbing thugs?

you are talking about moonshine, & I noted that it was illegal. yes, there was a "whiskey rebellion" that was over taxes. history, as you say. yes, they are "money grubbing thugs" but I find them easier to deal with than people that would sell you liquor with lead etc that will blind and/or kill you. you, of course, are free to buy & drink their poison if you want to.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
is Washingtons situation perfect? obviously not. is Colorado Nirvana? probably, if you are from ANY other state. but is it perfect? nope. but it is looking pretty damn good from here. do NOT throw away "pretty damn good" just because you could not come up with "perfect" on the first go around. I, for one, would be real happy with pretty damn good. "a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step" I'm getting pretty fucking sick of young people just starting their journey bitching & saying "are we THERE yet?" "fuck no, but we are a hell of a lot closer than we were before you were fucking born! shut up & be quiet!" :tiphat:

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
Legal Weed in Washington State Has Been Completely Screwed Up
By Jason Toon
March 10, 2014 | 9:15 am

https://news.vice.com/article/legal-weed-in-washington-state-has-been-completely-screwed-up

On February 18, the state House of Representatives voted 67-29 to pass HB 2149, eliminating medical marijuana as Washington knows it. Based on recommendations from a group of state agencies, the bill would require all patients to register with the state, creating a central record of qualified patients. All current medical authorizations would be cancelled, requiring patients to return to their doctors and get new recommendations. HB 2149 would also limit the number of plants a patient may grow to six (vs. 15 under the current law), and the number of ounces of cannabis a patient may possess at one time to three (vs. 24 oz. currently). Home cultivation would be eliminated completely by 2020, and medical dispensaries would close by May 1, 2015.

MMJ activists say HB 2149 is proof that I-502 supporters were lying when they said legalizing the recreational market would not eliminate the medical market. They now fear patients will be forced into a recreational market that has little interest or ability to serve their medical needs........

...."We have to make 502 successful, no matter how fucked-up it is," Cooley says. "Because if we can't, the federal government is going to say, 'We gave it a chance. It doesn't work.'”

yes, things have changed.

The federal laws against Cannabis were passed in 1937 were you even around then? When you say "This place will become a full blown tyranny in our lifetime" tell that to the Americans with a Japanese heritage, they spent the 2WW in prison concentration camps after they were forced to sell businesses and homes and farms for a fraction of their worth, where were you or your kind to help them? Most Americans supported locking them up, everyone knew the Japs were going to invade California any day. Sure....
I support legalization as 800,000+ arrests yearly have to be stopped, what is your plan to stop them? Anything?
Legalize, Tax and Regulate, stop the Cannabis arrests, enough is enough.

-SamS
Okay, well I can't be responsible for what happened decades ago, since I wasn't around then; however, I'm older and more educated than you think I am. The culture; as you well know, was much different then. If you don't see your constitutional rights slowly being chiseled away, then there's no point in me trying to convince you here; look it up, it's out there.

You seem to know me enough to already put a label on me "my kind?" Well, since you brought up the plight of what happened to the Japanese Americans over 70 years ago, (a dark and ugly chapter in US history), and think I am insensensitive to that, then you know nothing about me, especially if you think I'm okay with countless people being arrested or killed over a plant. And yes; I do have a plan to do something about it...It's called: PUT THE WORD OUT!

Jhhnn

Veteran
Legal Weed in Washington State Has Been Completely Screwed Up
By Jason Toon
March 10, 2014 | 9:15 am

https://news.vice.com/article/legal-weed-in-washington-state-has-been-completely-screwed-up

On February 18, the state House of Representatives voted 67-29 to pass HB 2149, eliminating medical marijuana as Washington knows it. Based on recommendations from a group of state agencies, the bill would require all patients to register with the state, creating a central record of qualified patients. All current medical authorizations would be cancelled, requiring patients to return to their doctors and get new recommendations. HB 2149 would also limit the number of plants a patient may grow to six (vs. 15 under the current law), and the number of ounces of cannabis a patient may possess at one time to three (vs. 24 oz. currently). Home cultivation would be eliminated completely by 2020, and medical dispensaries would close by May 1, 2015.

MMJ activists say HB 2149 is proof that I-502 supporters were lying when they said legalizing the recreational market would not eliminate the medical market. They now fear patients will be forced into a recreational market that has little interest or ability to serve their medical needs........

...."We have to make 502 successful, no matter how fucked-up it is," Cooley says. "Because if we can't, the federal government is going to say, 'We gave it a chance. It doesn't work.'”

yes, things have changed.

It's sad to see the mess in WA. OTOH, they're not the only game in town. The difference between CO & WA is structural, the way that both MMJ & retail MJ fit into the hierarchy of the law. In CO, both MMJ & retail exist as part of the state constitution, the highest level of state law. That can only be changed by a vote of the people, period. Our MMJ scene has always existed in full compliance with the state constitution and the law. The legislature is extremely limited in what they can & can't do.

That's never been true wrt collectives in WA who exist in a grey area by dint of tolerance by the authorities. There are no constitutional protections. The legislature can do what they want.

I-502 failed to legalize personal growing at all, let alone at a high enough level where the govt was forced to accept retail as an operable concept. In CO, constitutionally protected personal growing is the key to our success, because it means that access control is utterly impossible. There will always be legal & un-taxed weed for anybody who can grow it, and there's not a damned thing the State can do about it. That really puts a fire under their ass to get retail weed on the market so they can have a piece of the action. Retail has to be able to compete with homegrown or they lose control & revenue entirely. They don't have anywhere else to go except the direction we gave them. That's not true in WA- there's nothing to force their hand other than common sense & we all know how far that extends to politicians.

So we have 2 different stories unfolding side by side- one where the politicians are trying to stuff cannabis back into the mold they want, and another where the people broke the mold, created a new one, the only one the politicians can use.

If legalization as currently formulated fails in WA, that's bad for WA, but even that has value for the movement- it tells everybody how not to do it. Held up against our smashing success in CO, it really should light a fire under activists & voters everywhere to create a politician-proof framework for personal growing. It's the only thing that'll keep them honest.

oldchuck

Veteran
Would rather see cannabis just left alone but that's not going to happen while there's money to be made and people to be manipulated.

Legalize, yes, but go on growing your best as if it wasn't ...

Yes!

And the best way to deter the greed freaks is with abundant supply. The more weed available, either black market or legal, the cheaper the price. The cheaper the price for the same input and labor costs then the less attractive a target for capitalist rip offs (medical or recreational) and greedy politicians.

Technically, the price of weed could be about the same price as tobacco. I buy cured leaf tobacco for $20 a pound. The price of weed at the farm should be about the same. Don't know what the price of a pack of cigarets is but an equal quantity of weed retail should be about the same.

@Shaggy, things ain't near as bad as they used to be dude. You should read a little history.

Status
Not open for further replies.