What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vote NO to legalize cannabis....Or else

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaggyballs

Veteran
If anyone thinks cannabis is being legalized out of compassion you are sorely mistaken. It is being done for money, human nature hasn't suddenly evolved. But let it be legalized, just don't think you've won anything but a place in another queue.

Keep your seeds, mothers and grow skills tuned, you're going to need them if you value real quality weed grown for love and not for money.

Guerrilla is a frame of mind that never really dies except in submission to another frame of mind.

Surrender? Fuck that ... not to what amounts to another form of control.

This guy Knows whats up!
Do the research find the facts...you might find things are not as you first thought!

shaggyballs

Veteran
I will ALWAYS vote "YES" if given the option. And I will do so even without all the facts cause thats the way I roll ya see!if it is legal to possess, growing it will be less dangerous too.But you will still go to jail there will ALWAYS be a black market for unapproved varieties, seeds, clones, etc if the govt tries to clamp down.And you will go to jail for that too. legal alcohol is available, but I can still go knock on the right door & get moonshine too if I want it. Tell me where I can get some moonshine.... Whats that you say you cant cause you will go to jail??anyone that expects me to vote to keep it illegal after fighting for nearly forty damn years to legalize it has their head shoved up into where the sun don't shine...

You can only buy alcohol from government approved suppliers
And you can not get the good stuff unless you get it illegally and possible go to jail!

This is what you want for cannabis??

It sure seems a lot of people will be going to jail when legalization comes!
Or at the least be guilty of criminal activity.

Jhhnn

Veteran
I will ALWAYS vote "YES" if given the option. if it is legal to possess, growing it will be less dangerous too. there will ALWAYS be a black market for unapproved varieties, seeds, clones, etc if the govt tries to clamp down. legal alcohol is available, but I can still go knock on the right door & get moonshine too if I want it. anyone that expects me to vote to keep it illegal after fighting for nearly forty damn years to legalize it has their head shoved up into where the sun don't shine...

Agreed, although I think that it's very, very important for activists to insist on legal & anonymous personal growing in the formation of initiatives & broad coalitions of interests that promoted legalization here in CO. That's what keeps it all honest, what commercial weed has to compete against. When we can move cultivation back outdoors where it belongs, in farmer's fields, backyards & gardens, that'll completely destroy any idea of some sort of weed monopoly.

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran
This pretty much sums it up. You are breaking the law now, if they legalize without home growing allowed, just keep breaking the law.

I am not breaking the law where are you folks getting this from?This is called slander in real life.
I currently grow under my allowed plant count too!
If you vote to legalize you then make me a criminal!

It does seem like you have another motivation, profit perhaps?
How in the world do you come to this conclusion from what I have said...You cannot!

Once competition is fair and open, many wont keep up. Is this your worry shaggy?
NO where are these baseless accusations coming from?
If you feel confident about your grow skills, just get into the legal business.
I do not wish to enter a business.
I do not want to become a criminal either!

Please do not repress our rights as people. Marijuana prohibition is a stupid, racist, dishonest, and outdated idea.

Man you got it total backwards
I do not wish repress our rights as people.
You just are ignorant to the fact that legalization will repress our rights as people.
And I have given 2 real world exampls for proof.
What facts have you given..NONE

Decriminalization is just another word for prohibition, and it allows our justice systems to keep fucking undeserving people again and again. Just Legalize![/QUOTE

AS it would seem you are ignorant to the definition of decriminalization!

Here I will help you understand what the true meaning is!

Did you folks even read the post???
If you did you may want to re read it as your comprehension has failed you!

Decriminalization

Decriminalization reflects changing social and moral views. A society may come to the view that an act is not harmful, should no longer be criminalized, or is otherwise not a matter to be addressed by the criminal justice system.

I don`t have time to respond to all this , but I do realize something. Your motivation is not profit, sorry. You just want to legally grow while they bust everyone else still. Sounds fair!HA. You are special because you have a med permit, and I don`t. Equal rights my friends, you are not above our brothers and sisters.

Also you keep bringing up Canada, we can`t even grow for medicinal use. So it looks to me that all out legalization would help us. I am from Canada and know the system well. In Canada the medicinal system is fucked, and it is only a matter of time before all out legalization.

As for your decriminalization argument, for politicians decriminalization just means reduce sentences for possession and keep fucking everyone above the set max possession. Growing is still illegal, decriminalization is an illusion of progress.

catbuds

Yeah guys, but.......... how about we legalize first, & then our first agenda would be fixing the legal problems one at a time. Legalization is paramount. We'll iron out the wrinkles after the fact. :)

shaggyballs

Veteran
The devil is in the details, for sure. Witness the difference between CO & WA. That difference is even more pronounced when it comes to the difference between countries & structural features of different forms of govt.

Neither Canada nor Uruguay matter at all in the context of legalization in this country. They can't tell us what to do.

In this country, the federal govt has limited power in terms of what they can make state govts do, as well. They can't make state govts enforce federal law wrt cannabis or anything else. Complimentary statutes must exist at the state level to accomplish that. In CO, we tossed that out, so if federal authorities want federal cannabis law enforced here, they have to do it themselves.

They would never override the state and try to arrest you right?....Right...OH!

Wisely, the Obama Admin has declined to even attempt such a foolish thing. Structural integration of personal growing in the state constitution sets that in stone. They don't have the resources allocated to take the place of local enforcement at that level, nor will they ever. There is no political will, no consensus to support it, either.

What kind of fantasy is that....the feds make raid on cannabis every day. Even in states where it is legal!

Not in CO. that would cost them billions.
But now taking control of cannabis in CO. will bring them Billions of $.
You think they are gonna let billions of $ slip through their fingers...NO!

The only way that cannabis prohibition ever worked in this country is because it was universal, enforced at every level. And the only reason it could persist was through lies exploiting fear of the unknown. Nobody knew what legalized cannabis looked like or what the real consequences would be, until now. In CO, we're putting the truth out there, creating a reality immune to the fear of the unknown. The myths of prohibition simply can't stand against the reality of legalization. The cannabis cognoscenti have known that for decades & this is our big chance to prove it. We cracked that seamless edifice & have destroyed its structural integrity.

Big chance huh!
Sorry this has been done before...I wonder what happened??
If you did some real research on the subject you would know of a little thing called a MJ stamp act.
Mj-Tax-Stamp1.png

Mj-Tax-Stamp.bmp

That was real effective ..right!

It doesn't help when there's fearmongering coming from our side, either- the GMO Monsanto boogeyman, the ebil gubmint weed boogeyman & the OMG lost genetics! boogeyman along with it.

Keep lying to yourself....GMO cannabis is already here.
http://www.naturalcuresnotmedicine....tically-modified-marijuana-brand-uruguay.html

We chose the "regulate it like alcohol" model for a lot of reasons, not the least of which is the fact that legalization of alcohol has provided consumers with enormous selection & choice simply not possible under prohibition. If I were still a drinker, I could go to a big liquor store & select from dozens of brands of spirits, hundreds of different beers & wines. I can legally brew my own beer & wine, too, if not make my own whiskey. Who doesn't want that for cannabis?

People who don't want to be overcharged and taxed to death!

Anyhow where in the world have you ever seen Legal cannabis treated just like beer??
Anywhere??
But it would be different here and now?
I know you want to create your own Utopia right...I wish you luck this has been tried throughout history
(not found in school books)

Decriminalization or decriminalisation is the abolition of criminal penalties in relation to certain acts, perhaps retroactively, though perhaps regulated permits or fines might still apply (for contrast, see: legalization). The reverse process is criminalization.

Decriminalization reflects changing social and moral views. A society may come to the view that an act is not harmful, should no longer be criminalized, or is otherwise not a matter to be addressed by the criminal justice system.

Why push for legalization... instead just make it not a crime to posses smoke eat grow ect.!

This way no one goes to jail!

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Decriminalization implies that the act is still "bad" and now it is a civil infraction instead of a criminal offense. This means people have to pay a fine and/or go to the courthouse when they are "busted" with pot, all because of self-absorbed growers who voted NO on legalization.

your_607939_1384442.jpg

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Hush, a 25% tax on recreational weed is a fine every time you buy it. Under decrim you only pay the fine if you get caught with it which could be never.

If it was just normal sales tax I'd say what ever, but the cannabis tax is ridiculously over priced and their way of saying it's still bad and we don't want you to do it so they will slap you with a huge tax as punishment.

It's all about money, it has nothing to do with them actually caring about weed, its because states are broke and need tax revenue to cover all of their poor spending habits. And I am so sick of people saying you must be a greedy persons bla bla bla if you dont agree with this legalization model, that is so ridiculous we are all entitled to our own opinion just like we have to listen to your cheerleading for exorbiant taxes. My opinion comes not out of greed, I just think they are sticking the screws to cannabis users, when cannabis is way less bad for you than cigarettes, prescription drugs and alcohol.

They should be promoting cannabis as a healthy alternative and take people off of alcohol and cigarettes which are the two greatest killers in our society.

Cannabis is also a no calorie way to relax unlike calorie loaded alcohol which Im sure contributes to our obesity epidemic.

shaggyballs

Veteran
I don`t have time to respond to all this , but I do realize something. Your motivation is not profit, sorry. You just want to legally grow while they bust everyone else still.
Did you even bother to read the post if you did you would see without a doubt you have misspoke!
Sounds fair!HA. You are special because you have a med permit, and I don`t. Equal rights my friends, you are not above our brothers and sisters.
Lets set the record straight I do not want it to be a crime for anyone over 18 should be able to posses grow eat smoke ect.
without it being a crime.(Decriminalization or decriminalisation is the abolition of criminal penalties in relation to certain acts, perhaps retroactively, though perhaps regulated permits or fines might still apply (for contrast, see: legalization). The reverse process is criminalization.

Decriminalization reflects changing social and moral views. A society may come to the view that an act is not harmful, should no longer be criminalized, or is otherwise not a matter to be addressed by the criminal justice system.)
Why do you people always resort to false accusations??
So me just 1 phrase that even implies such a thing!

Also you keep bringing up Canada, we can`t even grow for medicinal use. So it looks to me that all out legalization would help us. I am from Canada and know the system well. In Canada the medicinal system is fucked, and it is only a matter of time before all out legalization.

If so you still would be forced to get it from the government though.

As for your decriminalization argument, for politicians decriminalization just means reduce sentences for possession and keep fucking everyone above the set max possession. Growing is still illegal, decriminalization is an illusion of progress.

Please read!
Decriminalization or decriminalisation is the abolition of criminal penalties in relation to certain acts, perhaps retroactively, though perhaps regulated permits or fines might still apply (for contrast, see: legalization). The reverse process is criminalization.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Hush, a 25% tax on recreational weed is a fine every time you buy it. Under decrim you only pay the fine if you get caught with it which could be never.

If it was just normal sales tax I'd say what ever, but the cannabis tax is ridiculously over priced and their way of saying it's still bad and we don't want you to do it so they will slap you with a huge tax as punishment.

It's all about money, it has nothing to do with them actually caring about weed, its because states are broke and need tax revenue to cover all of their poor spending habits. And I am so sick of people saying you must be a greedy persons bla bla bla if you dont agree with legalization, that is so ridiculous we are all entitled to our own opinion just like we have to listen to your cheerleading for exorbiant taxes. My opinion comes not out of greed, I just think they are sticking the screws to cannabis users, when cannabis is way less bad for you than cigarettes, prescription drugs and alcohol.

They should be promoting cannabis as a healthy alternative and take people off of alchol and cigarettes which are the two greatest killers in our society.

Why does legalization mean you suddenly have to stop growing? I don't understand that at all, and it always makes me chuckle when I see people saying it. We have all been growing it illegally all along. Why would anything change just because it's legalized? I don't want to have to worry about getting a fine for it EVER.

Just legalize it and let people stop getting arrested or paying fines for doing something that hurts no one, and keep growing it like you have all along! The only people who are going to have a problem with this are the ones who make their living from the jacked up prices that prohibition is offering them. I am not sympathetic to that plight.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Decriminalization implies that the act is still "bad" and now it is a civil infraction instead of a criminal offense. This means people have to pay a fine and/or go to the courthouse when they are "busted" with pot, all because of self-absorbed growers who voted NO on legalization.

View Image

But no one goes to jail ....Right!

If it is legalized will people still go to jail for cannabis???
Yes if they do not follow the rule of the government!
If it not a crime no one goes to jail!

Cool pics cannot replace facts!
Where are your facts or real world knowledge?
I am still listening for a valid argument based on facts!
You still provide no facts!! funny pictures though!

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Hush, you do realize that the profit is not going away and prices are not going down right?

You are just taking privileges away from small timers and placing that privilege in the hands of people that have tons of money to throw around.

Someone is still going to profit, who are you to say if it should not be me and it should be some rich dude only in it only for profit.

You think these people are getting in the business to give it away? Cash rules everything around me C.R.E.A.M get the money dolla dolla bill yall. Nobody does anything for free, we all should have the right to make a living how we see fit within the confines of a law.

TAX = A Fine, look up the definitions they are pretty much the same damn thing.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I just want to say that it is obvious tthere are two mindsets involved in this little "argument." First there is the argument of the grower who makes his money from growing weed illegally, and wants to continue doing so. Then there is the argument of people who don't want to see people go to jail or pay any fines at all for smoking pot. Neither side will concede to the other.

Skinny Leaf

Veteran
I can think of several scenarios where the govt' can keep anyone from growing illegally in a legal world.

One of them being OBAMACARE. If you have to ask why then reading the 2000 page document should be the first step. I have read a bunch of it and we are fucked. People really should read it. Waiting to see a doctor will be the least of our problems.

Jhhnn

Veteran
You're just arguing with your own fears & apprehensions, shaggyballs. Really. Colorado legalization has brought none of the Doom! you project onto the world.

You're so hung up in the idea of winning an argument that facts become meaningless to you. And you use the same fear mongering sort of arguments as prohibitionists claiming to know what will happen as if you're some sort of oracle. You're not. They claim that the boogeyman lurks in legalization, and so do you. It's concern trolling.

You drag in all sorts of irrelevancies, present them as "reasons for concern".

It doesn't matter what they're doing in Canada or Uruguay. It doesn't matter that Monsanto might develop GMO cannabis. It doesn't matter that you think moonshine condensed in a old car radiator is the good stuff. It sure as hell doesn't matter that the marijuana tax stamp act wasn't designed as a tax but as an economic prohibition. It's like taxing it at $1000 an ounce today.

What does matter is that we're treating pot like alcohol here in CO. Yep. There's a pot shop a couple of blocks from my house. A couple of blocks in the other direction, there's a liquor store. I can walk into either one, buy what I want, & leave happy. Both the sellers & I are immune from harassment or arrest. If a cop comes to my door & smells pot, it's no more significant than if he smelled tobacco smoke. If I grow & observe Colorado plant count limits, there's nobody to bust me. No at home possession limits for growers, either. No state limitations on concentrates other than common sense.

That's the reality of CO legalization. Explain how that's a bad thing. Go ahead- describe the horrible oppression & the evil machinations of corporate interests as they are, not as you imagine they might be. Give it a shot- tell me how we fucked ourselves.

Or just go yell at the clouds, OK?

actually since WA and CO legalized i have seen a $100 drop in prices for an ounce. I am in state where cannabis is very much illegal. Felony for over an ounce. If all 50 states legalized... i can only dream what kinda affordable prices we will see.

Now... i think i can follow shaggyballs fight now.
You want the cannabis movement to focus their energies on not regulating cannabis, but rather unregulating cannabis all together.
make it into... like a tomato.

in a perfect world, yes. but would you stop legalization if you could not get decriminalization?

Jhhnn

Veteran
actually since WA and CO legalized i have seen a $100 drop in prices for an ounce. I am in state where cannabis is very much illegal. Felony for over an ounce. If all 50 states legalized... i can only dream what kinda affordable prices we will see.

You want the cannabis movement to focus their energies on not regulating cannabis, but rather unregulating cannabis all together.

in a perfect world, yes. but would you stop legalization if you could not get decriminalization?

Do I get a pony with that?

All of that would be nice, but what we've accomplished so far certainly doesn't prevent it. With a little help from the Obama Admin, Coloradans are creating a whole new paradigm, a different way of dealing with weed & with each other. Although far from perfect, it's a helluva lot better for nearly everybody than what's going on elsewhere. Our success will rather shortly be utterly undeniable, the projected collapse of sane society easily avoided. We're now on the easy side of the law, destroying the myths & the propaganda that hinder legalization elsewhere. With our success, further legalization is inevitable, irresistible.

The naysayers are gonna end up like a bunch of idiots standing around in a cornfield when they see the irrigation water coming down the rows. If they don't move, they'll just get muddy, because the water is comin' through.

shaggyballs

Veteran

One could only hope for such a luxury but YES

You see I am really in favor of legalization (done correctly)
My real goal here was to raise awareness to what is really going on in the world!
No more loss of control,less regulation.no crazy taxes....I think some tax is OK....25% is a little high in my book!

My message is simple Be aware of what is happening behind the scene.

Do your research before forming your opinion!
Keep big business out of the cannabis business!

Let it not be run in the name of profit... but by the people and for the people.

Please stay informed!
I do not ask you to listen to what I say.
I merely suggest you look deep to find the real truth!
Then examine the evidence for yourself !
Get into deep thought and say to yourself ...Could they really do that to us if they wanted to?

It would seem we all really have the same goals.
But I am more suspicious of government lies and corporate greed than most.
But I am probably more informed on the subject than most.

Things sound great in CO. now!
Will they stay the same.....can you keep mega mart out!
Only time will tell!
I truly hope all goes well for legalization!
But I am very skeptical to say the least!
shag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts