What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vote NO to legalize cannabis....Or else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
You are asking people to let the government decide From who they get their medicine from?? REALLY???
So what you are saying is give up your right to grow your own medicine and give complete control to the government.

Tell me please how can any good come of this????

Decriminalization should be the goal!!!
The answer is definitely not to let the government have complete control!

Did you read the links from the people experiencing this first hand?
Do you really feel you are more informed then them?

Please fine Sir.....Do your research before you decide.

Just look at the real world evidence!!!!
Is this what you stand for??
Really ??
Really??

Do you really feel the government needs more power over our medicine?
And Why??

You can keep people out of jail for cannabis many many other(better) ways!

Rethink this and do the research ...Please for yourself and the rest of us!!

I posted in all the state forums so that all states will hear the news!
Freedom of information........An informed public will make the appropriate decisions!

Good luck with you government supplied GACK!!
That you just paid $600 for and it may or may not even be effective for you!

Me I choose to grow my own so I can customize my medicine to suite my ailments!

Oh and by the way...People will still go to jail if they don't obtain their medicine from the government.

How will this solve any problems we face currently?

Do your research....... Please for the good of all!!!

Best wishes
Shag

I am wondering Shag,
Do you buy your prescription medicine pills or what ever besides Cannabis from the guy around the corner, making it in his basement? Why not? Because it might be adulterated, or maybe not even any of the correct medicine you wanted.
Patients who buy Cannabis or get Cannabis grown by others around the corner, are in the same boat, they really have no way to confirm their product is safe and dependable.
I understand the need of patients to have inexpensive meds that are safe, what about controls on the production of an herb that many many growers are spraying with pesticides and fungicides and selling their herb to the unsuspecting, now with BHO it has gotten even worse as it is where any herb with botrytis or PM ends up.
Also I think you are ignoring the 800,000+ people arrested yearly in the USA for Cannabis.
I support almost any legalization effort, it is the only way things will change is to get Government and Big Biz to get a piece of the pie, tax regulate and allow big biz to be involved.
The real picture is much bigger then your narrow view point, wise up.
Tax, regulate, legalize for all, hopefully with home growers allowed to produce for them selves with no commercial sales, unless they want to jump through the hoops to be sure it is safe for all, and pay taxes on their work, like everyone else.
To be honest I am tired of all the anti-legalization crowd, and of the 800,000 arrests that are the result of the lack of change.
Legalize Cannabis, the sooner the better, don't listen to anyone that says otherwise, they are confused or have a profit motive, and they will not create the change that has been needed for 75 years now.

-SamS

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
If anyone thinks cannabis is being legalized out of compassion you are sorely mistaken. It is being done for money, human nature hasn't suddenly evolved. But let it be legalized, just don't think you've won anything but a place in another queue.

Keep your seeds, mothers and grow skills tuned, you're going to need them if you value real quality weed grown for love and not for money.

Guerrilla is a frame of mind that never really dies except in submission to another frame of mind.

Surrender? Fuck that ... not to what amounts to another form of control.

This guy Knows whats up!
Do the research find the facts...you might find things are not as you first thought!

I agree things are not as YOU first thought.
I thought money was the reason so many growers fight legalization?
I know it is the reason drug gangs don't want legal drugs, the same with police and the DEA they do not want it legal, they will lose money and jobs and power.
The choice is clear, fight legalization with your allies the DEA, drug gangs, and the government, or dump them all in the trash and legalize, tax and regulate. My motto for the last 40 years.

-SamS

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
One last thing,
I also think home growers that sell are afraid of a legal market and what will happen when the price supports (illegality) are gone. The price will fall fall fall as the biggest expense will be taxes. Lets be honest, Cannabis is not an expensive crop to grow outdoors if you live in a good area for Cannabis like the central valley Cali, it costs much the same as tomatoes or other agri crops, none of which get the price per kilo of Cannabis.
Many growers will have to find another income, so be it... 800,000 arrests a year have to stop. You are either part of the problem or part of the solution, your choice.
-SamS

HunterJ

Since you quote me; your point is?

Legalize yes, but don't pack away your grow tools yet ...

Legalization will certainly be a relief to many, especially in US where so many are jailed for so little, but it may not be the panacea you seem to think it is - when you at least consider the homogenizing effect big business has on any product.

Legalization looks inevitable to me, there is so much money to be made.

I'll just grow my own anyway.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Since you quote me; your point is?

Legalize yes, but don't pack away your grow tools yet ...

Legalization will certainly be a relief to many, especially in US where so many are jailed for so little, but it may not be the panacea you seem to think it is - when you at least consider the homogenizing effect big business has on any product.

Legalization looks inevitable to me, there is so much money to be made.

I'll just grow my own anyway.

I was recreating the post that shaggyballs made, your post was in it.
As for the homogenizing effect of big biz is that also true in the beer brewery biz? I thought thousands of small handmade craft brewers have sprouted up? Why not just drink big biz bud?
Legalize!!!
-SamS

shaggyballs

Veteran
I am wondering Shag,
Do you buy your prescription medicine pills or what ever besides Cannabis from the guy around the corner, making it in his basement? Why not? Because it might be adulterated, or maybe not even any of the correct medicine you wanted.
Patients who buy Cannabis or get Cannabis grown by others around the corner, are in the same boat, they really have no way to confirm their product is safe and dependable.

I agree this is a problem!...Just do not think BIG Pham. is any better...seen the BAD DRUG ads lately?

I understand the need of patients to have inexpensive meds that are safe, what about controls on the production of an herb that many many growers are spraying with pesticides and fungicides and selling their herb to the unsuspecting, I do believe Big AG. is doing the same ..NO?
now with BHO it has gotten even worse as it is where any herb with botrytis or PM ends up.Ya that is really bad!
Also I think you are ignoring the 800,000+ people arrested yearly in the USA for Cannabis. I agree I just hope for a better solution then has been currently presented!
I support almost any legalization effort, it is the only way things will change is to get Government and Big Biz to get a piece of the pie, tax regulate and allow big biz to be involved.
So you support legalization at any cost even if people still go to jail cause they did not get their supplies from the correct location even at a price they can not afford.(1 script for me is $500 and I can not afford that! If cannabis goes that way you are all for it Hmm.
The real picture is much bigger then your narrow view point, wise up.
Here is where you have it all wrong I am totally open minded to any solution that will solve all these problems not single minded at all.

You state to legalize at almost any cost and surrender to big business.... now that is single minded
And many do not share your surrender attitude

Tax, regulate, legalize for all, hopefully with home growers allowed to produce for them selves with no commercial sales, unless they want to jump through the hoops to be sure it is safe for all, and pay taxes on their work, like everyone else.
This should be a mandate not a hope!

I do know you are part of said big business and can profit largely from what you state so your post may or may not be biased by that fact.(no stone casting)

To be honest I am tired of all the anti-legalization crowd, and of the 800,000 arrests that are the result of the lack of change.
Legalize Cannabis, the sooner the better, don't listen to anyone that says otherwise, they are confused or have a profit motive,
It is very unfair to place everyone in this category me included
Now that is a example of being narrow minded!
and they will not create the change that has been needed for 75 years now.

-SamS
Peace
shag

shaggyballs

Veteran
I agree things are not as YOU first thought.
Things are just as I stated as I quoted real articles form real people unhappy with legalization did I not.
You can not argue with real facts.(not rationally anyway)

I thought money was the reason so many growers fight legalization?
I thought money was the motive for big business?.. NO?
I personally fight legalization to stop the power grab and loss of freedom.
Will the next generation even know real freedom??

This needs repeating!!!
Surrender? Fuck that ... not to what amounts to another form of control.

I know it is the reason drug gangs don't want legal drugs, the same with police and the DEA they do not want it legal, they will lose money and jobs and power.
If everybody has legal plants growing all drug dealers have no market for cannabis and just switch to pushing different drugs. True right!
The choice is clear, fight legalization with your allies the DEA, drug gangs, and the government, or dump them all in the trash and legalize, tax and regulate. My motto for the last 40 years.
No so clear for some of us that will face jail time with your current plan. where as now I am compliant with the law!

-SamS
shag

bigAl25

Veteran
That statement is PURE BULLSHIT. Stop putting people in jail for using or enjoying cannabis. VOTE YES DAMNIT. Putting people in prison for ganja trumps any bullshit argument not to legalize. Hell if Peter Tosh said it, then we need to do it. Argument is over on this issue.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
There is no argument here. This is the most circular-logic dizzying bullshit I've ever read. If anything, at least it's very entertaining. Everyone who is not insane or sociopathic can see that legalization needs to happen, and it needs to happen yesterday.

shaggyballs

Veteran
I was recreating the post that shaggyballs made, your post was in it.
As for the homogenizing effect of big biz is that also true in the beer brewery biz? I thought thousands of small handmade craft brewers have sprouted up? Why not just drink big biz bud?
Legalize!!!
-SamS

If legalization is modeled after beer I am ALL FOR IT
Everyone can get it anywhere cheap and high quality at the right price...competition is good for the market.
Government wont like that they hate competition!
And you can make your own if you do not like what is being offered!
YA YA YA lets legalize that way!

But unfortunately that is a bit of a fantasy.
Is it realistic to think they will let us get to that point(I personally doubt it)

Legalization is currently about money and power when that changes we have a small chance at what we all really want!

Till legalization is:
Of the People, by the People, for the People

Not money and power I am out..As any REAL Freedom fighter would be!

When you have given up all your freedom as we have started to do already....Maybe someone will say we should not have given up our right to freedom for greed and power!
More government control and less freedom to do what we wish is best for everyone right!

If you think it is not about control...then why did I have to give up my right to own a gun just to get my medicine legally?

shaggyballs

Veteran
There is no argument here. This is the most circular-logic dizzying bullshit I've ever read. If anything, at least it's very entertaining. Everyone who is not insane or sociopathic can see that legalization needs to happen, and it needs to happen yesterday.

What is with you and all the name calling!
That is the way someone reacts that has no factual defense!
Have you offered any facts?... will you ?
Or just more hot air and name calling?

Did you read the post??
You seem to be missing the fact that real people that are living the legal life are not happy!

Your answer to them is they are insane or a sociopath
You show real compassion for your fellow man in distress!
And only seem to have you personal agenda in mind!

Last edited:
S

SooperSmurph

If anyone had any facts to offer, that'd be nice, but in reality, this entire process is new, no one has any idea what they're doing, we're fumbling around in the dark creating brand new regulations for a brand new industry. Letting people run wild doesn't work for the Feds, California proved that, right now in order to prove we're different from Cali we're going the opposite direction, over regulation, which is giving us higher prices and red tape. Balance will be achieved, eventually.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran

No, it's the way someone reacts when they realize that there is no need to argue facts. For the same reason I won't argue that things fall down, instead of up, I will not be arguing your ridiculous circular logic about legalization causing people to go to jail. It shows a severe disconnect with the real world, and I'm not interested in changing your skewed opinion. Have at it, man.

shaggyballs

Veteran
No need to argue the facts means....Only my opinion matters!!
No need to discuss it further says what I say is GOSPEL...Period.
It is a good thing the rest of the world does not think like you!

I show you real people with real world issues and you say it is not worth discussing??
Where is your compassion for your fellow man?
I think that shows a severe disconnect with the real world
All I ask is look around to what the current state of things are!
Not to hear my opinion!
My opinion means nothing!
People are in distress because of legalization is what is vitally important!

You seem to be stuck on what I think!
The focus of this post was supposed to be about the trials of real world people struggling with the problems of legalization.
(FACT NOT OPINION)

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
The real problem with legalization, is there is so little of it.
800,000+ arrests in the USA last year, enough is enough.

Shag:"No so clear for some of us that will face jail time with your current plan. where as now I am compliant with the law!"

Is that 800,000+ or exactly how many have been busted because of your "fears" of legalized? Is it very close to the 800,000? Maybe we should help the 800,000 and focus on solutions to resolve their plight? Na, not if we have to legalize Cannabis, everyone knows it is just a plot to allow big biz to take over Cannabis.
Give me a break, sounds like conspiracy theory.
One thing is for sure as long as Cannabis is illegal we will have 800,000+ arrests, until they climb even higher.
-SamS

Jhhnn

Veteran
What is with you and all the name calling!
Have you offered any facts?... will you ?
Or just more hot air and name calling?

Did you read the post??
You seem to be missing the fact that real people that are living the legal life are not happy!

Your answer to them is they are insane or a sociopath
You show real compassion for your fellow man in distress!
And only seem to have you personal agenda in mind!

Gawd. Some people are never happy. The rest of us here in CO are very pleased with our legalization scheme, even the straights.

Perfect? Did we get the pony we always wanted? No.

Utterly marvelous & more than we'd hoped for? Absolutely.

Doing what we can do legally in CO somewhere else, like Texas, Oklahoma or Florida is a ticket to the Big House for all too many people. They'll break your balls off, boy, feel great about doing it, too. It's what they live for.

shaggyballs

Veteran
The real problem with legalization, is there is so little of it.
800,000+ arrests in the USA last year, enough is enough.
I whole heartedly agree

Shag:"No so clear for some of us that will face jail time with your current plan. where as now I am compliant with the law!"

Is that 800,000+ or exactly how many have been busted because of your "fears" of legalized?
I have no fear of legalization as I stated before but it has to be done of the people, by the people, for the people This is all I require Is it very close to the 800,000? Maybe we should help the 800,000 and focus on solutions to resolve their plight?
I agree whole heartedly but it has to be done of the people, by the people, for the people
Is that really asking too much... really??
Na, not if we have to legalize Cannabis, everyone knows it is just a plot to allow big biz to take over Cannabis.
Those words were never written or thought by me ever!
Please stop with the false accusations

Give me a break, sounds like conspiracy theory.
One thing is for sure as long as Cannabis is illegal we will have 800,000+ arrests, until they climb even higher.

You state this with such certainty you must know something other do not!
No other way possible you will not even entertain the idea...seems a bit narrow minded... no?

You never responded to the question do you have a vested interest in legalization( will you profit from it?)

-SamS
From the tiny amount I know of you It is my belief you will profit from it directly, I could be wrong, I will let you answer that, if you are willing to!
shag

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
i'm not happy about wash states lcb control.

law enforcement got their way, treasury got their way, addiction centers got their way.

medical is thrown under that bus.

home grows will now be targets as they are directly competing with state tax income.

that's you and me.

legality is somewhat of a misnomer here.

I will attend the rally and voice my disappointment on june 19 in Olympia knowing the chances are small of having an impact on the visions of dollar signs.

"Dear Governer Inslee,

I have health issues which cannabis has helped tremendously. After surviving several surgeries I became addicted to the pain pills and suffered further.
Six years ago I relocated to Washinton and utilized our states medical marijuana laws to find relief. Cannabis allowed the discontinuance of those narcotic poisons.

I am fixed income senior and have qualified for Apple Health but have yet to use it.

Removing my rights under RCW61.5 to produce my own medicine will make me either a criminal, or will force me back into the health care system I just managed to escape.

were this to happen, I foresee huge expense to the state with testing, x-rays, MRIs, treatment modalities, and drugs.

This is the reality of my situation. I'm sure you can understand i'm not alone or unique in finding myself at odds with attempts by the state to provide cannabis to recreational users at the expense of the medical marijuana patients.

The medical marijuana patients should come first, then recreational users can be pandered to.

Sincerely xxxxxxx x xxxx.

cc. state legislators, state senator"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts