What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vintage Smoking Devices and Accessories

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
Some of my friends got very creative remember the "air pump" gas mask connected to a bong...LOL.....ahh well. fun is fun...never liked "bongs" why filter your fine meds through water ...? Just is abhorant to me but to each his own I guess.

when i was in my early 20's i took a fish tank air pump and rigged it up to a homemade water pipe.

the whole contraption was in a little cardboard box, just a bowl, an outlet hose and the intake hose sticking out of the box. light the bowl, screw on the intake, turn on the pump and receive a steady stream of smoke out of the outlet hose.

must be used with groups of 4 or more as the smoke never stops and it burned a lot of weed. a steady shotgun stream as long as the pump was running. :ying:

it was fun for a while, lol !!!

dddaver

Veteran
Around '74 I made a two hose hookah. I took one of those 2 foot tall, big ass, green glass wine bottles (fat on bottom and long thick neck), big rubber stopper (my friend's Dad had a drill press and drilled 3 holes in it), some rubber hose my Dad had to exercise his knee after surgery (cut in about 3' lengths, emptied cigarillo tips for tips mouth pieces on that hoses, big wooden bowl, and glass tubing from college Chem class lab (5 finger discount). Put it all together and used glue to attach bowl to glass tubes. It worked! AWESOME!

Used to chill it in fridge before using sometimes. I found using water best. Using wine kinda sucked.

Had it for a couple years. Very unstealthy though, too big to hide, didn't even try. Ended up trading it to my "dealer"/friend for a lid.

GREAT memory. Thanks. :tiphat:

Garhart

Did any one that was getting the output of one of those iso 2's ever run across a little device sold in the seventies as the "no toil oil well" ? A very neat little smoking device that was in essence a lamp part pipe stem with a small aluminum attachment that let one screw a one to 3 dram vial on to it. I have seen a newer version of it - but would love to find an original.

Last edited:

GP73LPC

Veteran
how about the ol' six shooter. remember this one?

6026.jpg

how about the smoking stone ?

tumblr_m5og6cHVa91qffjfso1_500.jpg

smoke%20stones.jpg

B

BugJar

There is a little shop called PHILMANS in Dayton Ohio that has every 80's U.S.bong tube ever made.

some of them are so silly

GP73LPC

Veteran
Right on, I love these. When Grolsch and other beers in swingtops had ceramic parts, the swingtops made decent stones too :yes:

i don't believe i've used a grolsch swingtop as a stone.

how would that work?

k-s-p

Veteran
i don't believe i've used a grolsch swingtop as a stone.

how would that work?

Same as the stones made for it, you just have to cut the wire to get the ceramic cap off of the bottle. They're smaller and have a smaller diameter hole than the regular stones but worked fine in a pinch, especially if you bored out the hole a little with a drill bit.

GP73LPC

Veteran
Same as the stones made for it, you just have to cut the wire to get the ceramic cap off of the bottle. They're smaller and have a smaller diameter hole than the regular stones but worked fine in a pinch, especially if you bored out the hole a little with a drill bit.

ah ha... thnx. :tiphat:

btw, they still make the swing top bottles ;)

GP73LPC

Veteran
anyone use the rolling paper that came in this cheech and chong album?

i attended a party where no less than 15 people puffed on a 1 ounce joint for over an hour. we had to put it down about half way through, lol :D :woohoo:

330418957387.jpg

c034cheechonga.jpg

WelderDan

Veteran
I've either owned or used just about everything posted thus far. Power hitters, stones, Big Bambu papers, six shooters, wire papers. I learned to roll with OCB glueless papers over 35 years ago. I remember EZ-Wider double wide strawberry papers. I would cut them in half and roll two (Pink!) joints. I lost or gave away just about everything from back in the day. I still have a pair of hemostats somewhere.

What I do have and should dig out is a 5 foot tall solid brass Hookah from India. I picked it up in the mid eighties from a guy trying to get in my good graces after I refused to do business with him 'cause he was a dumbass. The hoses are dried out and clogged up, but the bowl will hold over two ounces. Pretty useless actually, but a hell of a conversation piece.

Thanks for all the fond memories from my days gone by.

GP73LPC

Veteran
I've either owned or used just about everything posted thus far. Power hitters, stones, Big Bambu papers, six shooters, wire papers. I learned to roll with OCB glueless papers over 35 years ago. I remember EZ-Wider double wide strawberry papers. I would cut them in half and roll two (Pink!) joints. I lost or gave away just about everything from back in the day. I still have a pair of hemostats somewhere.

What I do have and should dig out is a 5 foot tall solid brass Hookah from India. I picked it up in the mid eighties from a guy trying to get in my good graces after I refused to do business with him 'cause he was a dumbass. The hoses are dried out and clogged up, but the bowl will hold over two ounces. Pretty useless actually, but a hell of a conversation piece.

Thanks for all the fond memories from my days gone by.

i had a buddy who used to roll with those ;)

C

Chamba

If I had a lid of brickweed I could show the young'uns how to work this thing.

Please explain!