What's new

Vintage Colombian

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Red,

You're killing me with the descriptions of the golden strains. That is what I'm after. I'd love to retire a "gentleman" farmer on those fincas you posted pictures of. Wow...

You're living the life man...

ThaiBliss

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think most people here on IC would prefer the “Black” Colombians effect wise compared to the Gold. The Blacks have a very powerful overwhelming kick that would be more desirable and similar to an indica or hybrid smoker. Those used to the raw power of super hybrids might find the Gold to be low potency, which it is in comparison. The Gold is lighter and less intrusive leaving the driver more control. The Gold is meant to be experienced in an environment that allows you to feel her undisturbed by negativity and obligation. You can work with her easily as she isn’t controlling you but would rather you put on some tunes and chill. The Black on the other hand gets in your head completely, not letting you do anything but what she wants. The Black hits hard and can’t be treated like a “passenger” high in other words, don’t plan on doing anything under the Black, with the Gold you can.
The seed I selected to grow did not come from the most potent buds but rather came from the most potent buds I found to be exceptional in the quality of the effect. I did not select based on sheer power, in fact the Gold (light) was not even half as strong as the Black in sheer potency (how it affected me). I’ve found some very strong potent bud here that I didn’t like for one or more reasons. The top dislike I have for most super potent bud is the after effect being trashy or worse a headache. You know the first 25 minutes are great then pow you feel like tired shit. Lots of bud here like that, strong but not good and I’ve found most like that come from low altitudes. It could be just me but I prefer a lower potency light high to an overwhelming stone. I like the clarity of a lighter Gold high altitude grown plant.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I’ve not limited my seed collecting to only what I consider to be “vintage” Colombian. I also found a few Crippy and unknown strains that had very desirable effects. Almost 99% of the time when I get something referred to as “Crippy” it’s seedless. But I did have a few extra special samples with seed slip through. One of these was a light lime green with no hairs, real citrus sweet smell and taste. The effect was strong and hard on the onset but leveled into a warm comfortable buzz. Lots of good ideas and problem solving sensation with an acceptable duration. And a clean refreshing finish that satisfies the urge to re up every couple hours. I got like 8 seeds from that I’d really like to grow, it was an obvious hybrid but stellar none the less.
Another I found had no name (came from my trusted friend) and looked just like weed. Wasn’t pressed or clumped and was a neutral bland green in color. No smell at all UN burnt and nothing special when burnt. The smoke however tasted like pepper, burning throat and lungs with a strong cut lawn taste. Followed immediately by a hammer like hit to the head. Really strong uplifting sensation, the feeling of acceleration. Music is fantastically unreal like you’ve never heard it. I tried this the first time with a young Colombian guy and his Spanish metal band and got to say these guys weren’t too bad, even though they were just messing around. But I managed to find a few seeds in this to try.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Imports

Imports

attachment.php

Colombian grown Johnny Blaze

attachment.php

Johnny Blaze Popcorn

attachment.php

Colombian grown white rhino

Attachments

• jb1.jpg
    jb1.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 25
  • jb2.jpg
    jb2.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 22
  • wr1.jpg
    wr1.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 27

Lesnah

The Garden City looks Ideal, a lot of foliage to give cover, and the fertile soil should be enough to simply sow seeds. Probably rains frequently there as well. I would love that location!

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I know the finca looks great for growing and it is a very nice place to live. The micro climate there really makes certain plants thrive. However it is very humid and wet there, the whole area is in a perpetual cloud like mist that comes from the valley below. I was at the finca for 6 days in the “dry” season and it rained every day, I only saw a few hours of sunshine. I’m sure cannabis will grow well there but mold would certainly be a problem for all but the most jungle strains. Where I’m standing now the finca might be my starting option but it’s not the ideal spot in my opinion.
And ThaiBliss from my side of the fence you’re living the life!

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Finca 3

Finca 3

Here are a few more pictures from the close finca.

attachment.php

The current owner has all kinds of ducks, turkeys, chickens, parrots, peacocks, pigeons and doves.

attachment.php

They were working on the duck pond while we were there.

attachment.php

Along with all the plants and livestock the guy also has no less than 15 dogs (not pictured) and three very nervous cats.

attachment.php

Guard turkeys

Attachments

• turkey 1.jpg
    turkey 1.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 22
  • f3.jpg
    f3.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 23
  • f2.jpg
    f2.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 23
  • f1.jpg
    f1.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 25

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
Beautiful place Red, so easy to imagine perfection from this comfortable seat looking at your pictures. Those pics make great "dream seeds" on a cool winter morning with a good sativa joint. I love waking up to visions of Colombia.
Love all the palms and tropical plants in the pics too. I am growing some palms(Ceroxylon) from high elevations in the mountains of Colombia that are up here at 40°N at sea level and doing well. I wish the Colombian herb grew as well outdoors for me.
Good luck and Irie vibes on your Colombian finca and please don't stop posting pics of Colombia and Colombian herbs.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cartagena Colombia

Cartagena Colombia

If you don't go anywhere else in Colombia go to Cartagena. It's a huge tourist trap but remarkably charming. If you're a young buck with a little coin this is a wide open party town just for you. I parited a few times all night there but really not my thing. I liked getting high on gold and roaming around the city.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I did not mean to take a picture of that woman bending over. But the wife sure thought I did.

attachment.php

attachment.php

When I did go party in Cartagena this was my hang out. Same fun as the other bars but an older crowd. Told and heard many a Colombian Gold story there.

attachment.php

Cartagena would be very low on my list for grow spots but real good stuff comes from around there.

Attachments

• cart1.jpg
    cart1.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 25
  • cart2.jpg
    cart2.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 26
  • cart3.jpg
    cart3.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 26
  • cart4.jpg
    cart4.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 22
  • cart5.jpg
    cart5.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 26

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Golden Corinto Photo

Golden Corinto Photo

Golden Corinto

attachment.php

This is from a sample I obtained from my long time Colombian friend who normally only sells crippy. Nice semi pressed finger length buds that were moderately seeded. Not “fuzzy” or particularly sticky, no special scent. Actually not very potent, not overwhelming but you certainly felt her effect. The effect starts right away with an uplifting, mood brightening feeling that sort of sweeps you in to euphoric bliss.

attachment.php

With this the more you smoke the happier you get, high and higher until laughter. Really good stuff, great while having a couple beers since it has no downer effect at all. Very little tolerance although you do end up smoking more with daily use but always able to hit that happy spot. Also quite clean as she finishes.

Attachments

• golden corinto2.jpg
    golden corinto2.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 30
  • golden corinto1.jpg
    golden corinto1.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 26

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
Seeing these bud shots sure brings back a flood of feelings, flavors and smells from the 70's.
I can almost taste that flavor and smoothness with the accompanying body rush all the way to the head.
Thanks Red, so much!

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Colombian Black#2 & Golden sativa

Colombian Black#2 & Golden sativa

Colombian Black#2

attachment.php

From and especially potent seeded bud of Cauche, obtained in Bogota. Very narcotic effect, strong with almost instant onset. Rich, heavy taste with expansion and coughing in the lungs.

attachment.php

Crushed flowers were very sticky and had to be cut rather than broken up to burn. Super potent for Cauche and has an overall devastating long lasting duration. No hiding the fact you’re medicated with this. Has a hangover if abused (not bad) and the finish is very sleepy but no headache or body pains. Low tolerance, this stuff gets you every time.

Golden Sativa

attachment.php

This came from my old Colombian connection as well and is similar in effect to the Golden Corinto. However this is noticeably stronger and slightly more exaggerated in effect. Long finger thick slightly pressed fully seeded buds. All seeds fully mature and buds covered in a golden fuzz, sticky to the touch. The effect comes on a little slower and the taste is sharper more pronounced. The same “happy” feeling starts coming on and building.

attachment.php

A little racy as thoughts start piling up in your head. Then in a euphoric frenzy I begin to feel incredibly creative and inspired to write or build something useful. It’s a wonderful motivational sensation that continues till the effect leaves you. The effect alone is awesome enough but the best part of the experience is the finish. It just ends, no after affect at all, it’s like you were never high never that high. And low tolerance, some more though is required with repeated use but always gets you there clean.

Attachments

• blk21.jpg
    blk21.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 23
  • blk22.jpg
    blk22.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 22
  • gld1.jpg
    gld1.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 22
  • gld2.jpg
    gld2.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 22

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Always a pleasure bigherb, that's actually the bud that I've collected seeds from to grow here. Now days it's next to impossible to find this type of bud here in Bogota (for me). It's all crippy and almost seedless, the folks I know here never touch the pressed stuff. The crippy is good and I must admit that's what I normally burn but it doesn't have the flavor and rare effect that the old pressed strains have. Also 95% of the pressed bud here (regardless of the name) is sub-par and finding a real winner in the bunch has been like finding a needle in a hemp stack. I found four so far in 3 years worth keeping seed from to grow and refine here in Colombia.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Flash back 2007

Flash back 2007

attachment.php

Left Colombian Sativa-Colombian x Afghan-White Rhino-Top- Sour Jack. I had a few choices of bud and other mischief during that time.

Attachments

• Lumbo1.jpg
    Lumbo1.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 21

BlackBuds

My new favorite thread. Thanks for your great pictures, smoke reports and stories of Colombia. The "lumbo" I used to get in high school was a disappointment compared to the stories I hear about the real Gold.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cactus Farming

Cactus Farming

A friend of mine, a "Paisa" from Medellin has a cactus farm just outside of town.

attachment.php

attachment.php

The whole operation (ornamental) is one the steep side of the mountain.

attachment.php

My Paisa friend is very ingenious, he sells these pretty little cactus to the major grocery store chains here in Colombia.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I asked this super religious business driven guy what he thought about growing marijuana. He just thought the idea was funny.

Attachments

• Farmer1.jpg
    Farmer1.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Cact 4.jpg
    Cact 4.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 25
  • Cact 3.jpg
    Cact 3.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 25
  • Cact 2.jpg
    Cact 2.jpg