What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vintage Colombian

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes ThaiBliss, those long thin leaves and wispy airy buds are what I think Thai plants look like. I'm dying to get some seed tested for DNA to see where there originally from. You don't see those types of strains here (very often) any more unfortunately. Oh on a good note I talked to my mother in law and she said she found a big bag of seed I left when I moved back to GA in 07. I hope its seed from those old strains I saved. Will find out tomorrow when I go see her for lunch.

Last edited:

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sun rise

Sun rise

Everyday is a new beginning

attachment.php

Attachments

• Sunrise 05.jpg
    Sunrise 05.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 21

The Revolution

Veteran
I cant give you any more rep, but that pic of the sunrise over the mtn, with the seedlings is simply epic.. Very nice man!

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
2004 2

2004 2

2004 was a really great year in my life, I had decided to move to Bogota with my then girlfriend. When I first came here I went crazy like a kid in a candy shop. Not only was I experiencing the girlfriend/honeymoon first part of a romantic (sexual) relationship but suddenly I had access to $30 pounds of weed and $10 grams of pure coke.

attachment.php

Maria (not her real name) made sure that all my desires were more than satisfied, maybe because I had money and there are so many beautiful willing women around. But at the same time Maria was and still is a workaholic and left me with a lot of time on my hands because I didn’t have a job. First thing she did was fire the sexy young maid she had and replace her with my soon to be mother in law. It took some getting used to having her mother always in the house but rather quickly I adjusted.

attachment.php

Mama as I call her turned out to be cool and soon we became very good friends (even today we are). Maria worked with a famous conductor at one of the big theaters here in Bogota. I quickly found out that I not only strongly dislike opera but I didn’t fit in with the opera performers either. After Maria showed off her new American boyfriend a few times I stopped going with her to the theater. I had things to do like buying pounds of different weed from anyone that would get it for me (including Mama). I would spend endless hours sampling different regional varieties of cannabis, snorting coke and drinking rum while Maria worked.

attachment.php

When she was home I still smoked a lot but spent most of the time in bed with her. Maria had a giant apartment that had a small indoor courtyard, this is where I stayed most of the time. Maria convinced me that it was way too dangerous for me to go anywhere alone so when she wasn’t with me I stayed at home. In the mornings I would wake up and go into the courtyard where Mama had coffee and breakfast for me. After I ate I would smoke the different samples I bought, the ones I really liked I kept the seed from. With nothing to do I got online and found overgrow. Monkey see monkey do and soon I was planting the seeds I had in the little garden in the courtyard. I wanted to have my own “home” grown like the masters on OG.
attachment.php

I had never grown the plant myself before, of course I’d been around other peoples grows but never had one of my own. I fell in love with the plant all over again. Right around this time I also found out I really don’t like cocaine and put it out of my life forever. These are more pictures from 2004.

Attachments

• 04g.jpg
    04g.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 04h.jpg
    04h.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 24
  • PICT4354a.jpg
    PICT4354a.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 25
  • PICT4541.jpg
    PICT4541.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 26

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Punto Rojo Hashish

Punto Rojo Hashish

On Overgrow I learned how to make dry sift hashish. A lot of work and weed to produce a little hash. But all I can say is WOW!

attachment.php

Punto Rojo triple screened hash

Attachments

• Punto Rojo hashish1.jpg
    Punto Rojo hashish1.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 21

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Colombian Black

Colombian Black

attachment.php

04/05 Black

Well here we have some authentic Colombian black, wacky weed or whatever name you want to call it. This was the best representation I’ve found to date. This is also a good example of cannabis that to me is strong but not good. Super compressed, fermented smell and taste with a knock out effect that never seems to end. It made me feel euphoric a little bit but mostly made me feel stupid, like forget your name type of stupid. I didn’t keep seed from this because although crazy potent it’s not the effect I look for. This “black” was rare in 2004 (I only had it once) but now it seems to be long forgotten

attachment.php

2013 Black

In 2013 I did obtain some Colombian black from Manizales that really didn’t look the same and I liked the effect enough to keep seed but I’ve never planted a seed yet. I do plan to work on this strain at the farm once operational. The effect although strong seemed clearer and not so confusing with a nice soft landing, not as raw as the 04 if that makes any sense.

Attachments

• IMG_6098.jpg
    IMG_6098.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Black1.jpg
    Black1.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 23

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sexy NLD

Sexy NLD

I love this picture, so sexy to me.

attachment.php

Is she Thai, Mexican or Indian? No she's Colombian

Happy Holiday!

Attachments

• Shadows 05.jpg
    Shadows 05.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 18

Green Squall

What do you mean by an indoor courtyard. Like a regular courtyard with walls surrounding it or does it have a glass roof or something? Either way, courtyards are ideal for hangin in.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Courtyard

Courtyard

What do you mean by an indoor courtyard. Like a regular courtyard with walls surrounding it or does it have a glass roof or something? Either way, courtyards are ideal for hangin in.

Well I use "courtyard" for lack of a better word. But it was (we don't live there anymore) like an open space inside the building. No roof and the second floor was where the owner of the house lived. I will try to find a better picture but the owners of the building could look down at my small garden.

attachment.php

One half of the "courtyard"

It was funny because when I cut down the huge sativa plant the woman upstairs came down and asked me why I took it. I told her it was time to harvest it and gave her a lump of the Punto Rojo dry sift I had. That night I had to knock on their door and ask if they could keep it down. Her and her husband were getting it on so loud it woke our baby up. They said ok but not five minutes later they were at it again.

attachment.php

The other half

Attachments

• PICT3666.jpg
    PICT3666.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 23
  • PICT3026.jpg
    PICT3026.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 24

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Munches

Munches

Nothing better than smoking Colombian and then eating some Colombian food.

attachment.php

Lunch

For 8,000 Pesos ($4) the prettiest little Colombian girl will deliver this to my house.

attachment.php

El Bohimio (sp)

This is really Spanish food I think but the restaurant has been in Bogota for many many decades. The red sauce is really picante but very mild and the little sausages are cooked in olive oil.

Attachments

• PICT3656.jpg
    PICT3656.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 24
  • PICT3394.jpg
    PICT3394.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 21

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Dang!!!

attachment.php

Now those are plants! You've been holding out on us. Those are the best pictures of plants I have seen you post.

What variety of Colombian are those?

:biggrin:

Simply Beautiful!

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey ThaiBliss that picture is from 2005 and came from an unnamed sample I got that was very good. I smoked on that plant (it's only one plant) for six months. I don't remember exactly the name of the strain or if it had one.

Green Squall

Major courtyard envy! I have a huge deck that I wish I grow on but there is always an eye in the sky during the summer months if you know what I mean.

Snype

Veteran
Nice pics! I have to find my way to Columbia one day. I'm glad it's not dangerous for some of us gringo's! The women sound nice! It'd be nice to score some Columbian Gold seeds as well.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I need to say that we don't live at the house with the courtyard anymore. Those pictures are 10 years old. Now we live a few houses down the street, This house I live in now is huge but no patio (the correct word). I have a balcony but it over look a very busy street. I do have a couple plants out there but when they get a little bigger they will have to come live in the kitchen window sill. And living long term in Colombia has it's downsides, well I should say living in Bogota. I never was one for big city living and most of the time I spend waiting for the weekend to go out in the country side. The people here are great and I feel a lot of love from my Colombian family and friends. But I'm always the gringo, always kind of the outsider. Like today I was with a young friend of mine and this guy loves me and Americans, His dream is to go to the USA and meet an American woman and live there. Today he talked me into having a beer with him and his 18 year old GF. After we drank a couple beers I lit up a joint (Crippy of course) and after we finished it I said something in Spanish and they started laughing at my pronunciation. Both of them speak English pretty well but their pronunciation needs some work but anyway I tried to correct and repeated the phrase again. Man these two laughed for 10 minutes straight almost crying to stop. After a minute I didn't see the humor in it and the joint wasn't "that" good.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Colombiana

Colombiana

Speaking of Colombian women, here's a nice one, single too. I don't know her.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 10923579_1530433213906251_295375688299858652_n.jpg
    10923579_1530433213906251_295375688299858652_n.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 35