What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vintage Colombian

Stonerbudz

Hello everyone, its been awhile since I've posted anything so I thought it might be nice to re-live some fine Colombian. I welcome any stories pictures or thoughts on this fine exotic bud. Here are some picture of plants and bud I obtained when I first moved here.

attachment.php

Pressed Colombian Gold from Santa Marta $30lb.

attachment.php

Colombian Sativa (free)

attachment.php

Some very tasty cured Colombian tops 2005

attachment.php

Punto Rojo known to have the "God" effect on operator.

attachment.php

Punto Rojo hashish 2005

I first smoked Colombian back in the mid 70s but around 85 it went away. But in the early 2000s I moved to Colombia and not only found the great old Colombian but also grew it myself. This is just a few pics I have more for later. Please add all thoughts on this fine bud.

Peace
That punto rojo was some amazing smoke in the late 80's forsure some veey intese red hairs was suck an amazing plant been looking for it still too this day !

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Last lumbo 1992

November 1992 I was living with my girlfriend in Gainesville Georgia. I rented a little single wide trailer right outside of town. It was Friday night and freezing rain was coming down and I was unwinding after another 60 hour work week. I was calling my brother that lived an hour away about scoring a quarter of weed. He said it would be Monday and I looked at the pinch of shake I had left in the tray. And like a miracle there's a knock at my door. I looked out and saw an old neighbor of mine named Bill. He was an old country boy that I had several drinking episodes with when we were neighbors a few years before. I liked Bill because he was honest and basically a cool dude. Bill loved beer so first thing I did when he came in was offer him a cold beer. Oddly enough Bill declined the beer and instead sat down and asked me if I wanted to smoke a joint. I was blown away first about the beer turn down and now the joint. Bill in the past would smoke a little weed but only when he was really drunk and he would certainly never own weed, I was shocked. It was raining/ hailing really hard and talking was all but impossible in the metal roofed trailer, so I lit the joint silently. Right away I knew it was Colombian, the taste was unmistakable. I looked at him and he just smiled at me, he knew from numerous stories that I loved Colombian weed. I hadn't seen any lumbo since 85 . And to my surprise, it was really good lumbo and soon I was super high. I was full of energy as the exotic weed washed my tiredness away and brightened my dismal mood. I put out the joint halfway wanting to relish it later as I was more than high. Finally the rain slowed and before I could ask Bill asked me if I wanted to buy some of it. I had two hundred bucks cash but Bill said he had a story first.

As it goes Bill had an uncle that lived up in the back roads of the north Georgia mountains. Back in the 1960s the uncle was a moonshine runner that was going on at that time. By the 70s the uncle was an all out outlaw selling moonshine and dope as well as other more violent behavior. He was a real badass and in the late seventies the law was closing in on him and finally captured and gave him a life sentence in the state prison. Six months ago (1992) the uncle died in prison. Before being caught the uncle had buried a car on the family farm. Some how Bill and his brother found the buried car and dug it up. Inside the truck the brothers found a stash of cash, drugs and weed, old school primo from 1978 .

Then Bill went out to his truck (a brand new F150) and brought back a big black plastic garbage bag. He reached in and pulled out and small brick wrapped in more black plastic. Bill opened up the black plastic and the weed inside was pure dry rot and worthless. But Bill said look and he broke the brick in half to reveal a beautiful golden brown center of fresh flower. After cleaning all the dry rot there was maybe an ounce of smokable bud. Most of the brick was garbage but some was incredibly good. He had ten bricks including the one we opened, he wanted two hundred each if I bought all ten. I didn't have that kind of money so I said how much for the one we opened and he said how much do I have. I pulled out the four fifties I had and said that's it. And out of the blue he said sold and handed me the bag with the other nine bricks and grabbed the bills from my hand. Bad or not it was a lot of weed and I really didn't want that much in my trailer but it was an incredible deal so I accepted. Before leaving Bill confessed he was just going to throw it away if I didn't take it and gave me a hundred bucks back.

My girlfriend and I immediately cleaned and removed all the dry rot leaving maybe 10 ounces of primo Colombian. At first I was kind of a celebrity among my brothers and other smoker friends. I'd smoke with them and they were in awe at the quality of this really old weed. Finally after about six months it was gone. At the time I thought I could find Bill and buy more but Bill got busted shortly after his visit to my trailer. Never saw or heard from Bill again but he really was a good dude because he could have turned me in for the ten bricks I bought but he didn't. When I smoked that last roach I had no idea it was the last lumbo I'd see in the USA.

red rider

brickweeder

Last lumbo 1992

November 1992 I was living with my girlfriend in Gainesville Georgia. I rented a little single wide trailer right outside of town. It was Friday night and freezing rain was coming down and I was unwinding after another 60 hour work week. I was calling my brother that lived an hour away about scoring a quarter of weed. He said it would be Monday and I looked at the pinch of shake I had left in the tray. And like a miracle there's a knock at my door. I looked out and saw an old neighbor of mine named Bill. He was an old country boy that I had several drinking episodes with when we were neighbors a few years before. I liked Bill because he was honest and basically a cool dude. Bill loved beer so first thing I did when he came in was offer him a cold beer. Oddly enough Bill declined the beer and instead sat down and asked me if I wanted to smoke a joint. I was blown away first about the beer turn down and now the joint. Bill in the past would smoke a little weed but only when he was really drunk and he would certainly never own weed, I was shocked. It was raining/ hailing really hard and talking was all but impossible in the metal roofed trailer, so I lit the joint silently. Right away I knew it was Colombian, the taste was unmistakable. I looked at him and he just smiled at me, he knew from numerous stories that I loved Colombian weed. I hadn't seen any lumbo since 85 . And to my surprise, it was really good lumbo and soon I was super high. I was full of energy as the exotic weed washed my tiredness away and brightened my dismal mood. I put out the joint halfway wanting to relish it later as I was more than high. Finally the rain slowed and before I could ask Bill asked me if I wanted to buy some of it. I had two hundred bucks cash but Bill said he had a story first.

As it goes Bill had an uncle that lived up in the back roads of the north Georgia mountains. Back in the 1960s the uncle was a moonshine runner that was going on at that time. By the 70s the uncle was an all out outlaw selling moonshine and dope as well as other more violent behavior. He was a real badass and in the late seventies the law was closing in on him and finally captured and gave him a life sentence in the state prison. Six months ago (1992) the uncle died in prison. Before being caught the uncle had buried a car on the family farm. Some how Bill and his brother found the buried car and dug it up. Inside the truck the brothers found a stash of cash, drugs and weed, old school primo from 1978 .

Then Bill went out to his truck (a brand new F150) and brought back a big black plastic garbage bag. He reached in and pulled out and small brick wrapped in more black plastic. Bill opened up the black plastic and the weed inside was pure dry rot and worthless. But Bill said look and he broke the brick in half to reveal a beautiful golden brown center of fresh flower. After cleaning all the dry rot there was maybe an ounce of smokable bud. Most of the brick was garbage but some was incredibly good. He had ten bricks including the one we opened, he wanted two hundred each if I bought all ten. I didn't have that kind of money so I said how much for the one we opened and he said how much do I have. I pulled out the four fifties I had and said that's it. And out of the blue he said sold and handed me the bag with the other nine bricks and grabbed the bills from my hand. Bad or not it was a lot of weed and I really didn't want that much in my trailer but it was an incredible deal so I accepted. Before leaving Bill confessed he was just going to throw it away if I didn't take it and gave me a hundred bucks back.

My girlfriend and I immediately cleaned and removed all the dry rot leaving maybe 10 ounces of primo Colombian. At first I was kind of a celebrity among my brothers and other smoker friends. I'd smoke with them and they were in awe at the quality of this really old weed. Finally after about six months it was gone. At the time I thought I could find Bill and buy more but Bill got busted shortly after his visit to my trailer. Never saw or heard from Bill again but he really was a good dude because he could have turned me in for the ten bricks I bought but he didn't. When I smoked that last roach I had no idea it was the last lumbo I'd see in the USA.

red rider
awesome story

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's a look at my new finca located right outside paipa.
IMG_20230620_090437740_MFNR.jpg

I hope to get set up and operational early next week.
IMG_20230620_090450841_MFNR.jpg

We're going to clean better and slap on some new paint before the plants move in.
IMG_20230620_090517490_MFNR.jpg

I've got another spot on the property for the long flowering sativa the rider's going to be rockin this year.

red rider

OldCoolSativa

That's a beautiful finca Rider, I'm happy for you.

Your story about the moldy old brick weed with the heart of gold supports my opinion that a pure Colombian sativa simply gets better with a long-ass cure. I had a 20-week PR x mangobiche that after three years was simply incredible flavor and effect. No way a hybrid or Indica would have stood up to that long of a cure without turning into crap.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've stored weed for more than two years but honestly can't say it was better than before. I can say it didn't change..
phone pics 2020 2021 988.jpg

This is MHZ (Malawi x Haze) that sat in a cool dark closet for about fifteen months. This variety cured beatifuly and remained potent.
phone pics 2020 2021 1192.jpg

I've never cured indica very long but after a couple months it turns golden brown.

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good things are coming

Flash back

Late 70s Southlake Texas (DFW) I'm sitting on my buddies huge Ford galaxy 500 hood leaning back on the windshield. My buddy hands me old Milwaukee tallboy and we're sitting there looking up at the endless stars in the clear Texas night. I light up a joint and pass it over to him. He takes a big hit and a little extra up the nose and passes it back to me. When he exhales he says man it's so hard to find good Colombian any more. We were smoking low quality "mersh" or commercial Colombian import. It had a potent hit but unlike the quality Colombian the effect was dirty and had a sleepy lethargic finish , not to mention incredibly seedy. I hopped off the car to get another beer and said yeah and the price keeps going up. I got back on the car and popped the top looking back up to the clear night. We sat in silence for a moment then I said dude I'm going down there and fucking grow it myself. He looked at me like I was crazy and said you can't do that, you don't speak Spanish. I thought about that and said plants don't speak Spanish. I said man Colombia isn't that far and it was an idea worth thinking about. He laughed and then so did I but I never stopped dreaming about coming to Colombia to grow my own Punto Rojo.
That was almost 50 years ago, I still have that friend (not the galaxy unfortunately) and he still lives close to South lake. He talk about the old days and he still can't believe I actually did it.

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well finally got relocated to the paipa finca. The move wasn't bad of course wasn't very far and I only have a few plants.
IMG_20230627_074325675_MFNR.jpg

All these plants are going into flower so I'll move my tent later.
I've got to get use to finca living again, but I much prefer it to city living. Still some setting up to do but my plants are happy here.
IMG_20230627_094653349_MFNR.jpg

We are right at 8659

Attachments

• IMG_20230627_094653349_MFNR.jpg
    IMG_20230627_094653349_MFNR.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 33

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well due to the altitude it gets below freezing at night and we do have some hard rains with high winds so it's best to have a greenhouse. However I am going to put a couple plants directly outside but past experiences have not gone as well as I want. I've got to get in tune with the environment to get a functional system. But hell thats what's fun about it.

red rider

Hmong

Veteran
Ok, I didn't consider that it actually freezes. Cold yes, but looking at that lush green it isn't obvious.

Are you over 2000m then? a plateau?
Because that's our temperature line in the Alps, but here nothing grows above that, it's just rock.

Nepalese strains should work very well for your specific climate, if you're looking for something more sturdy for open air.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Actually I've got some nice Nepalese seeds but haven't had a chance to grow them yet. But I've grown Malawi, Malawi Haze, Destroyer and an assortment of other narrow leaf varieties outdoors here. Most do well until mid flower then the problems start. But for what I'm doing now (reversing registered clones) I need a simple greenhouse for protection. There's an uncountable amount of exotic micro climates here perfect for cannabis but not all cannabis varieties.
phone pics 2020 2021 719.jpg

Malawi x Haze zipacon 2020

I've tried peyote purple outside in zipacon but in a fiber bag not directly in the ground.
phone pics 2020 2021 224~2.jpg

It did pretty good, no mold or insects but very leafy. I'm not a fan of the peyote purple but other people around here do.
Also I've grown Hash Fruit (F2 selected) and I liked it although like the peyote purple it was very leafy but I'm pretty sure that's due to the cloud cover in zipacon.
I'm sure there's many regions in Colombia where you can grow right outside but I don't think my finca is one.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've got a story that's 40 years old already but I had to change the names to protect the innocent and highly censor due to kick ass grafic content. It was a different time a different place but I remember it like it was yesterday. These memories remind me that I was a lot crazier and reckless then I am now. Although the story contains no growing of vintage Colombian the actual weed was. Despite my softening of the edges this story may be too racy, so if it must be removed it's no problem.

red rider