What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vintage Colombian

Hmong

Veteran
I'm sure there's many regions in Colombia where you can grow right outside but I don't think my finca is one.

In the videos I've seen so far, they are growing under cover sheets, but it had to be significantly less elevation that were u are, plants were huge.

the peyote purple it was very leafy but I'm pretty sure that's due to the cloud cover in zipacon.

It's a combination of the light and the cold, I have the same phenomena growing up in the Alps.
Big plants, but leafy at the end, so I'm now exclusively making hash with those.
At some point in late Sept. the sun angle gets too low and with the first frost the soil becomes dormant.

The greenhouse is good idea for fixing the soil dormancy, but the light mights to be supplemented, if you want some real yield.

have you considered Coca though?

had to, sry :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

sneezydog

I've got a story that's 40 years old already but I had to change the names to protect the innocent and highly censor due to kick ass grafic content. It was a different time a different place but I remember it like it was yesterday. These memories remind me that I was a lot crazier and reckless then I am now. Although the story contains no growing of vintage Colombian the actual weed was. Despite my softening of the edges this story may be too racy, so if it must be removed it's no problem.

red rider
Whats the story hit us with it most of em watch blood gore and sexual misconduct every day on the telly, so hopefully can handle. Dont censor too much... or just pm it to me hehe.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'llSpring 1983

1983 I was living in the metroplex at DFW and been out the military for a little over a year. I had just started my 20 year career in commercial printing. I got a job as a helper on a huge offset printing press. It was gruling work consisting long hours and back breaking work. I worked the 2nd shift from 6pm till 6am if my relief was on time, this was a huge company that worked 24/7. I lived about an hour from the job so there was a nice commute as well.

About two weeks after I started there, I came to work right on time and my whole crew that I worked with were in the parking lot. They told me our printing press was being refurbished and would be inoperable for the next three days and we could go home with pay. I was so happy, I was expecting the long night of brutal work but instead paid freedom and after only two weeks of employment. There was four of us on the press crew and we were talking about going and having a beer somewhere as it was pretty early in the evening.

Amazing right at that time my girlfriend and her friend pulled up into the parking lot. They were super high and told me they had some amazing weed for me to try. Man I was on the top of the world as we piled into the lead pressman's new Silverado pick up and took off for the nearest liquor store.

Sandy my girlfriend and I had been together for about a year and were sharing an apartment. Sandy was 19 and studying part time at the university of Texas. She was incredibly beautiful, with a gymnasts body and long brownish blond hair. It wasn't just her tight tan body that attracted me to her, it was her personality. Sandy was cool, everything I liked so did she, rock and roll, NFL, weed, drinking, not to mention she had a sex drive that matched or exceeded mine. Sandy was always positive and made people feel comfortable all the while being sexy as hell. Being her boyfriend was like being a king, she knew how to make me feel like I was the man. Sandy was an incredible woman.

Terri was Sandy's childhood friend and was really cool too, she was petite with strawberry blonde shoulder length hair. She always talked about having a boyfriend but I never saw or met him.

So we get to the beer store after smoking the incredible weed the girls brought. The other guys called their girlfriends to meet us and we started drinking beer.

We were high from getting the night off and someone suggested we go to the coast for a swim at the beach. It's a good car trip from Dallas to Galveston but we piled into the Silverado and headed south. Not sure how long it took to get there but I could smell the beach when the sun was coming up. We had gotten competly druck and sobered up on the windy ride down and now we were starving. So we stopped at a Denny's and chowed down, ready to start a day of beach drinking.

After buying way to much beer and whiskey we headed over to mustang island and parked the truck right on the beach. It was still early but lots of people started filling up the beach. Sandy and Terri wanted to go to the water so we headed out toward the surf when I spotted my cousins truck parked by a huge surplus army tent. We went to investigate when I walked right into my cousin Mark. He was heading to the porta potty and was really glad to see us and invited us to his tent for a joint. When we entered the tent I couldn't believe it, there was carpet on the floor and it looked like a sultans tent. There was big pillows all over the floor and a big hookah. It was super nice to be right on a crowded beach. So the girls and I sit down by Mark who's fixing up the hookah. He said he'd come down the day before and set up the tent. My uncle was rich and my cousin worked for him so he had access to money to support such activities.

It was about 10 am I guess and Sandy was whispering to me that she wanted to have sex somewhere (something she always did). But now the beach was packed with people and no privacy was available. I was drinking whiskey and starting to fade with no sleep so Mark gave us a little sniff of something that woke us up. However now both Sandy and Terri were feeling very amorist kissing each other and becoming a spectacle in the tent. I was feeling the same way but not comfortable with all the people around. Now the tent was full of bikini clad young women. My cousin had some nice "Mexican Red hair" and lot's of people came into the tent with different weed. The girls went to the bathroom and Mark said he was tripping balls and asked if I'd like to do the same. Of course I wanted to trip so he gave me little white square of paper that looked like nothing. As soon as I swallowed the girls returned and they were really messed up. They wanted to go play in the surf so off we went. It was wall to wall people, I mean packed. At first I didn't mind too much pushing through the people to the surf but soon I didn't like it. Then out of the blue I smell it, Colombian, someone was burning Colombian weed. I was on a mission using my nose to find the source of the fragrant weed. Sandy and Terri were stuck to me as I plowed through the crowd following the perfumed smell. Finally I found it, dude was standing in chest high surf smoking a big joint of top shelf lumbo. The girls jumped on him and we started talking to him. He said he got the weed in Houston where he was from. He said his dealer always had Colombian and price never changed, 45 a bag. It was good and the effect cut right through everything else except, it was that moment in a crowded sea of people the paper kicked in.

It was also in that moment things got x rated and I'll restrict the details although very integrated in the story. But basically I had a threesome with Sandy and Terri while standing in the surf with thousands of people around all while coming up on paper. I can only remember brief flashes after that point. I remember the guy with the lumb high fiving me then disappearing into the crowd. And being back in the tent talking to Mark who said I'd be fine in 12 or so hours. Lot's of other things happened and then it was dark and things changed a bit, like less intense. Sandy was taking very good care of my trip but always leaning on a sexual note along with Terri. Two nights no sleep and finally as the sun was coming up and it was quite on the beach, Sandy and I went for a walk on the beach. I was coming down but still feeling that tiny piece of paper, Sandy was so cool. Knowing how much I liked the Colombian weed she bought a bag from the dude in the surf. I couldn't believe it and felt more love for her than ever. We sat in the sand by the water and smoked a joint. It put me right back on the trip but this time I felt really connected to Sandy. We went back to the tent and crashed until late that night. It was an incredible experience and despite all the booze I felt fresh that night. However we lost the people from work that brought us down there and had no ride back to Dallas. Sandy once again came through by getting us a nice free ride home with some partyers she met on the beach.

That was the last day I had off from that company until I quit a year later.

Hmong

Veteran
Sandy was an incredible woman.

ah yes, we all remember "Sandy" :sneaky:

but Sandy was a whore!

how was the heartbreak?

We all wish you could put a ring on those, but since you are here it's rather obvious how the story unfolded.

Amazing right at that time my girlfriend and her friend pulled up into the parking lot.

funny how before cellphones everyone just ran into eachother at the right time, all the time :ROFLMAO:

your stories picture like "that 70s show" in my head!

Please tell more about those times before I was born <3
Was it all just coke and acid fueled orgies with gymnasts?

Last edited:

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Coca, there's coca around, I don't know if they grow it around here. Coca leaf is perfectly legal here and sold as tea in restaurants and in grocery stores as dry leaf (not as common). It's very intergrated in the native culture. I've chewed the leaf and drank the tea, it doesn't impress me too much. Of course the product is world class (so they tell me) but I personally have no interest, I find coffee stimulating enough now days.
It must be fantastic growing in the Alps although maybe a short season but still mountain grown goodness.
IMG-20211011-WA0023.jpeg

These are a few varieties we registered in 2021 in zipacon, leafy.

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Actually the whore was wife number two, Sandy split really nice with no hard feelings. Mostly I remember working 60 70 hour weeks with the occasional drug fueled orgies during those years. Probably cause I was younger but life seemed alot crazier and out of control then. Now it's slow and easy, calm and cool.

red rider

Hmong

Veteran
It must be fantastic growing in the Alps although maybe a short season but still mountain grown goodness.

My country is so small, that I have various micro climates within a 1hr drive in any direction.
It's similar to what you have, but with less extremes due to continental climate.
Making the seasonal weather very predictable, which is amazing for cannabis cultivation.

personally I prefer the foothills and the lowlands over the mountains.
Which is only 300m above sea level, compared to 1000m up high.
there's just a night an day difference in yield, due to micro climate at same latitude.

If you don't mind, here is a scene of the alp low lands before the paranoia plains begin.
Slightly Mediterranean climate, we even grow avocados and figs there, and all the wine of course.
atta_052214_Klapotetz.jpg

atta_052218_Sunfl.jpg

atta_052215_Wein (2).jpg

atta_052216_Feigen.jpg

atta_052217_IMAG0819.jpg

also flowers :smoker:
SOM_VT13.jpg

SOM#3_0810 (2).jpg

SOM#3_0810.jpg

SOM#3_0810 (3).jpg

SOM_0810.jpg

Last edited:

Hmong

Veteran
in comparison, this is a 2hr drive away towards north west at 1000m elevation, same time of the year...
HHxPCKxPAN_altitude.jpg

HHxPCKxPAN_altitude_01.jpg

tried some Panama there :ROFLMAO:
PAN_altitude.jpg

worked much better on the balcony, the ground just gets too cold too early.
full

full

you see strains aren't the biggest issue, you just gotta keep the temps high enough until finish.
Also a constant cloud cover will mess up your yield for sure, like shown in your pic.
The combination of low angle + clouds + the greenhouse cover kills the intensity.
At elevation, only UV increases, the other spectrums actually decrease, so you might consider supplementing with a few artificial lights. It doesn't need much intensity, just a good coverage of the green house, adding back spectrum.

Last edited:

blondie

I guessed the end of the story early on. That had threesome written all over it. Great memory and thanks for sharing. Brings me back to my own couple of Sandy’s. Minus the lumbo sadly.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here we're at 8650ft like 2640 meters, I like it more around 2000 meters. Here at 1000 meters it's tropical jungle at it's finest or desert. Elevation is a critical part of the senrio but it's the intense equatorial sunlight that really makes the difference. It seems the higher you go the more intense it gets. When you combine high altitude with equatorial sunlight and grow directly in the mountain soil, you get the wonder that is primo Colombian.
IMG_20230628_161852959_MFNR.jpg

IMG_20230531_094002790_MFNR~2.jpg

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Really I've got respect for all smoker (consumer) growers regardless of location. I don't get into indoor because I live in Colombia but I respect those who do. It is interesting (to me) growing in Colombia but I don't think it's particularly better than other places. Anyone that can take a plant to full term has my respect even if it was done on a window sill.I'm positive there's better weed grown around the world now than there ever has been. What's interesting to me and drives my passion is the deversity that is cannabis. Even the best redbud gets old if that's all you have. I would never say my vintage Colombian is the best in the world but it should be on the menu.

red rider

Hmong

Veteran
I don't get into indoor because I live in Colombia but I respect those who do.

most of us have no choice, dude 👮‍♂️🚁
I prefer any day working under the sun, than working under LEDs...
makes you just miserable!

Even the best redbud gets old if that's all you have.

been smoking exclusively Thai over the last months, tolerance is a real thing!
Also mentally puhh, it's a ride! psychosis and everything.
was tripping in my sleep for the first time, just this week.
Indica won't be ready before 4 weeks, so I gotta toughen it out.

It's a very violent weed, no comparison to South American, you are really up & running due to the complete lack of body high.

hard to grow where you at though, with the cold.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ideally I like to have a few varieties around for daily useage but some I get tired of quickly if used everyday. I really like African varieties and some old Mexican like Oaxacan. I don't seem to build up a tolerance to these as quickly. Some Colombian can burn me out like some of the darker varieties. Dry sift and bubble don't stay around long enough to evaluate there is something to say about sativa sift. I pondered taking a cannabis break just to reduce tolerance, then I came to my senses and pressed some rosin.
I can't really say that I've really ever had an all around favorite variety because I keep looking for it realizing there's no goal or destination. There's just an incredible journey of growing and knowing as many varieties as possible in the amount of time you have left.
IMG-20211010-WA0029.jpeg

Zipacon 2021
My philosophy is to keep planting and growing and I encourage everyone to practice.
phone pics 2020 2021 1286.jpg

Wherever you are.

Calm and cool
red rider

Hmong

Veteran
Dry sift and bubble don't stay around long enough to evaluate there is something to say about sativa sift.

immediately tough of my last sativa sifts and the rosin I'll press from it, and then you just finished my though in the next sentence haha

. I pondered taking a cannabis break just to reduce tolerance, then I came to my senses and pressed some rosin.

how is it?^^

I can't really say that I've really ever had an all around favorite variety because I keep looking for it realizing there's no goal or destination. There's just an incredible journey of growing and knowing as many varieties as possible in the amount of time you have left.

I've found mine for now, it's hybrid I received to work with. G13-Haze x Shoreline
But I also enjoy the journey through my seed stash, which is two fridges at this point^^

still young though :)

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Back on task, I've got a couple critical "situations" to connect ASAP. I've moved my plants (14) to what was a fancy chicken coop. It's clean enough but not much direct sunlight. I've got to have full sun. Second is the wind, my plants aren't acclimated to high winds and It's beating the hell out of them. Not only that but can't have pollen being blown everywhere. So I'm making some adjustments before going much further.
IMG_20230629_184602113_MFNR.jpg

This is the farm house I'm staying at for the project.
It's always something but got to keep moving forward. If it was easy I think I'd get bored.
Ruth my business partner (one of them) has had some health problems and has been absent in my move to this farm. We have time but I don't want to waste it.
IMG_20230629_184534022_MFNR.jpg

Sunset over the mountains, fresh coffee and some nice sativa rosin to end the day. I have to get use to farm living again but it comes natural.

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I love dogs and have had them all my life, however at this point I don't want the responsablity of owning one. I rather like to have dog friends that dont belong to me.
IMG-20230630-WA0002~2.jpeg

This one came with the farm. He has to live on a chain while his fenched in area is being built. But after two days of barking at me we are now friends and he's cool. He's a working sheepdog and very intelligent. On the farm you really need a good dog and I think this guy wants to work with the rider. There's a rumor around that he's a chicken killer but I believe he can change, time will tell.

red rider

sublingual

Back on task, I've got a couple critical "situations" to connect ASAP. I've moved my plants (14) to what was a fancy chicken coop. It's clean enough but not much direct sunlight. I've got to have full sun. Second is the wind, my plants aren't acclimated to high winds and It's beating the hell out of them. Not only that but can't have pollen being blown everywhere. So I'm making some adjustments before going much further.
View attachment 18859809
This is the farm house I'm staying at for the project.
It's always something but got to keep moving forward. If it was easy I think I'd get bored.
Ruth my business partner (one of them) has had some health problems and has been absent in my move to this farm. We have time but I don't want to waste it.
View attachment 18859812
Sunset over the mountains, fresh coffee and some nice sativa rosin to end the day. I have to get use to farm living again but it comes natural.

red rider
sativa rosin, that's what I want.
How are your yields? Is it quality over yield in this case?

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I do press rosin occasionally however I use a hair straighter so it's very rudimentary. I don't get good yeilds with my sativa flower. Crippy on the other hand is very good yields but smoking it isn't that good. I like the sativa rosin as an evening treat and like I said I don't dab it so it's not too intense. More than rosin I prefer dry sift but sometimes I'll press some rosin for a chance of pace.
MHZ x SMG rosin is just like the flower in effect but much stronger of course. Nice clear motivational in the morning and relaxing in the PM. I can't keep rosin very long.

red rider