What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vintage Colombian

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Had some nice rain yesterday and last night. Nice sunshine this morning.
IMG_20230523_094513037_MFNR.jpg

I've got to say that this phenotype has a much better hit than her sister. I cut the other plant too early but it just doesn't have the power I'm looking for. This phenotype is starting to fill out after 6 months and now is super sticky but still covered in new flowers. I keep saying wait a week to cut but it's just there yet.
IMG_20230523_094439538_MFNR.jpg

Despite the wait I'm really happy with test buds that are almost mature. It effects me like the Haze but has the happy mood elevating effect of the SMG. It seems to have more clarity and a cleaner finish than her sister. I made some nice tincture and rosin that makes up for the low performance flower, so no loss.

red rider

bigherb

Veteran
Red Rider

Gorgeous I love the look of this plant , Full Big Airy Colombian colitas

6 months flower outdoors makes me smile . Is it 6 months since first pistils ?

How do you judge maturity ?

You say wait a week from the looks I’d think another month or more . I’m curious what the trichomes look like

1luvbigherb

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Red Rider

Gorgeous I love the look of this plant , Full Big Airy Colombian colitas

6 months flower outdoors makes me smile . Is it 6 months since first pistils ?

How do you judge maturity ?

You say wait a week from the looks I’d think another month or more . I’m curious what the trichomes look like

1luvbigherb
Hey buddy thanks for staying tuned in. The story with these plants is like an unplanned pregnancy. October 2022 a grower friend of mine wanted to run some of my THC strains at her roof top grow in Bogota. So I selected a few varieties for her and did a germ test. Everything I tested popped but I kept 3 of the MHZ x SMG seedlings. That was early November, I just kept the plants plants in my house garden with no supplemental light. Then on December 20 I took the three plants to my outdoor grow area, amended some holes and planted. The plants have had pistels since Christmas. As a rule I try to harvest when the plant is at or a little past peak florasences. However these plants dont mature evenly and they keep growing.
I think another month too . The trics are visible but super small and coat the swollen calexs as they mature.
The reality is I have never grown this extream variety in this environment so I'm guessing. I'll try to get some close ups of the flowers next trip.
Thanks so much for your interest and input.

red rider

PlasmaTube

@red rider you may have touched on this, but can you please discuss your Malawi. Why do you like it and what makes her unique? The Malawi in this thread is the same Malawi you used to cross into the haze and Colombian, correct? Growing Malawi's and some Haze varieties now...love that shit with all my heart!

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I first grew Malawi in 2019 , the original genetics cane directly from the masters at ACE and I can't thank them enough. Since 2019 I have been growing it and its outcrosse continuesly ever since. I've never flowered it under lights (or anything else for that matter) so I've no idea how it grows indoor. But Malawi loves the Colombian sun and is the most potent tropical sativa I've ever grown. The Malawi Haze cross I made has been one of my top favorite smokes for a few years now.
phone pics 2020 2021 710.jpg

Malawi x Haze zipacon 2020

IMG_20211111_103214.jpg

Valencia (Malawi F2) Colombian cannabis center 2021

Malawi works perfectly with my Bio regenitive cultivation and the high altitude tropical climates that I grow at. It's a tough plant that's totally resistant to the bugs and pathogens in the cloud forest.
I'll grow this plant till I die and my son (or maybe my daughter) will havest.

red rider

PlasmaTube

I first grew Malawi in 2019 , the original genetics cane directly from the masters at ACE and I can't thank them enough. Since 2019 I have been growing it and its outcrosse continuesly ever since. I've never flowered it under lights (or anything else for that matter) so I've no idea how it grows indoor. But Malawi loves the Colombian sun and is the most potent tropical sativa I've ever grown. The Malawi Haze cross I made has been one of my top favorite smokes for a few years now.
View attachment 18845916
Malawi x Haze zipacon 2020

View attachment 18845917
Valencia (Malawi F2) Colombian cannabis center 2021

Malawi works perfectly with my Bio regenitive cultivation and the high altitude tropical climates that I grow at. It's a tough plant that's totally resistant to the bugs and pathogens in the cloud forest.
I'll grow this plant till I die and my son (or maybe my daughter) will havest.

red rider
Great take, Red. Growing this variety for years speaks volumes, I'm sure. That's awesome that she's your Wonder Woman in the Colombian climate

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Rained pretty hard last night again, I was a little concerned about the plant. However this morning was sunny and the plant was bigger than ever.
IMG_20230525_102659633_MFNR~2.jpg

I gave her a close inspection for pathogens that seem likely but so far so good 👍.
Now just continue monitoring to finish (most definitely another month).
IMG_20230525_102608420_MFNR~2.jpg

Incredible plant really, I like just being around it.

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Had some pretty heavy rain last few days as to be expected for this time of year. But compared to zipacon the rainy season is much more tolerable here in boyacá with more sunny days.
IMG_20230531_094059863_MFNR~2.jpg

We've decided not to grow another round here at this location because I found a nice finca right outside of town.
I'm still doing my job with Colombian cannabis center but I'm also starting a new project with another guy. I'm moving my little clone reversal project to the finca to finish and at the same time start the new small project at the same location.
IMG_20230529_123926159_MFNR.jpg

But I'm enjoying the MHZ x SMG as we go, I'm not in any hurry.
IMG_20230531_094043874_MFNR.jpg

Calm and cool
red rider

PlasmaTube

Had some pretty heavy rain last few days as to be expected for this time of year. But compared to zipacon the rainy season is much more tolerable here in boyacá with more sunny days.
View attachment 18848290
We've decided not to grow another round here at this location because I found a nice finca right outside of town.
I'm still doing my job with Colombian cannabis center but I'm also starting a new project with another guy. I'm moving my little clone reversal project to the finca to finish and at the same time start the new small project at the same location. View attachment 18848298
But I'm enjoying the MHZ x SMG as we go, I'm not in any hurry.
View attachment 18848303

Calm and cool
red rider
Hard working man. Plants look killer, healthy, and on point.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some close ups
IMG_20230601_093817243_MFNR~2.jpg

Still drying but beautiful smell
IMG_20230601_113856387_MFNR~4.jpg

The dried hit is tasty fresh Colombian with smoke that expands makes me cough a little well after exhale. It's really creeper, with the full effect hitting about ten minutes after the first hit.
IMG_20230601_113844048_MFNR~3.jpg

It's alot more "trippy than the Haze or Malawi and much more potent than the SMG. I like it.

red rider

Attachments

• IMG_20230531_091005531_MFNR~2.jpg
    IMG_20230531_091005531_MFNR~2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 32

PlasmaTube

Some close ups
View attachment 18848844
Still drying but beautiful smell
View attachment 18848845
The dried hit is tasty fresh Colombian with smoke that expands makes me cough a little well after exhale. It's really creeper, with the full effect hitting about ten minutes after the first hit.
View attachment 18848846
It's alot more "trippy than the Haze or Malawi and much more potent than the SMG. I like it.

red rider
That description hits so many points. What's the smell on her? Great sounding smoke to have, I'm sure. Nice job.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well my friend I'd like to explain exactly the smell taste and effect but I can't seem to nail it down. To me it's unmistakeably Colombian, it's distinct. I like it, although that's my opinion. It's not loud or gassy, there's no fruit or flower in it. Its creamy dreamy, reminds me in a way of wet cardboard. The MHZ (Malawi x Haze) mother was stronger and came on much quicker, more potent than the SMG but with the same happy mood changing properties. The plant still has a way to go before harvest but the effect is what I'm looking for in this cross. My goal in creating this exotic mix is a mostly pure Colombian but better and stronger NO INDICA.
IMG_20230531_094035874_MFNR~2.jpg

Next to go into flower is my Kamora but I'll try to return to this variety at another location in the near future.

red rider

PlasmaTube

Whispy
Well my friend I'd like to explain exactly the smell taste and effect but I can't seem to nail it down. To me it's unmistakeably Colombian, it's distinct. I like it, although that's my opinion. It's not loud or gassy, there's no fruit or flower in it. Its creamy dreamy, reminds me in a way of wet cardboard. The MHZ (Malawi x Haze) mother was stronger and came on much quicker, more potent than the SMG but with the same happy mood changing properties. The plant still has a way to go before harvest but the effect is what I'm looking for in this cross. My goal in creating this exotic mix is a mostly pure Colombian but better and stronger NO INDICA.
View attachment 18849090
Next to go into flower is my Kamora but I'll try to return to this variety at another location in the near future.

red rider
Haha, "unmistakably Colombian"....without any scent descriptions, I think I know what youre talking. Floral, incense, sandalwoody? No fruit, no dank...just that medicinal musky..would you agree?

That soil is crushing it. Nature is a blessing for sure. Simple is key with most things. Just want to take a bite outta that monster. Great to hear about the addition of the potency on the M x H with the SMG.

OntologicalTurn

Are you in colombia? Siempre me a parecido interesante como en Colombia lo construyen casi todo con ladrillos de arcilla mientras que aquí en México casi todo se construye con bloques de hormigón. El ladrillo hace que todo se vea más bonito.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey buddy, yes I'm in Colombia (since 2004) but my Spanish is so bad I post in my native English. But yes most of the constitution is brick around here, it's a nice look.
IMG_20230602_100608895_MFNR.jpg

This is a Kamora F2 which has Oaxaca in it and this phenotype has the Mexican leaves.

red rider

Tangwena

Veteran
I'm not envious of much in life, but thats a perfect location to be doing what you are doing and seeking what you are seeking.
Your a lucky man brother.
I dont want to miss another post this thread is one of the few thats for sure.

Latest posts

Latest posts