What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High Grade Vintage Cannabis photography

For thousands of years people have consumed Cannabis.
In the Arid parts of the world where the plant was cultivated it was breed for Hashish production . In low-humidity environments Cannabis resins preserve and store longer if they are extracted from the plant material and compressed in the form of hashish.
While at the same time in the humid parts of the world where cultivation takes place, drying and curing the plant is a better was to preserve the resins. The high humidity makes the resin difficult to extract from the plant. The flowers or buds are left intact and used as a vessel for the prescious resin glands.
For many millenias People did not have refrigeration, plastic baggies or glass jars to store and preserve the delicate resins.
These people adapted curing and cobbing techniques that preserved the bouquet and in most cases increased the potency of the product.

I can just see it........Camels hauling huge bundled hemp sacks full of golden honey Cobbs from Malawi across the desert and through the great rift bound for the markets in Cairo

word

four seasons

Veteran
1987 was a great year for outdoor Domestics.
Also lots of good foriegn hybrids.
I remember for about three years our area was flooded with Commercial Thai. No Sticks, mostly Heavy head thumpen compressed brown choco and loose tan,gold popcorn nugs.
I believe It was mostly coming from Thailand into Imperial Beach , San Fransisco.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
The Vintage way of smoking-
picture.php

g0vnaa

ICE Cream eater
Veteran
And witch of todays strains do you think are the closest to the oldies.
Except the Haze.
I mean, they are made from them maybe.

jwm

Veteran
I gotta agree!!! Well said...Sativas are for bud smoking, indicas are for turning into hash, wish it had stayed that way!

I N Hail

Growing Grower AKA Wasted Rock Ranger
Veteran
Wow Thanks for the trip guy's.

And to think "High Times" was almost called The Marijuana Review but Tom"The king"
desided not to change it.

I lost all my "TMR" mag's in a fire. Anyone have any left.

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
1 "REGS" or "regular" bottom barrel mass produced Mexican or Columbian,produced for a mass market. Usually of decent sativa stock which is usually poorly grown and handled. This mass produced smoke is usualy not properly dried or cured.This is then followed by compression for shiping and then stored for who knows how long under what kind of conditions. (not the Medicine I want)

2 "MIDS" or Middle grade. Usually poorly selected Indica dominate Indica Sativa hybrids that are probably most likely grown in greenhouses. These bland nugs are usually dried, shipped and stored with better care. This Greenhouse Industry is huge in Mexico right now trying to compete with the Canadian so called BC bud market . The Mexican Cartels are Pumping out tons of these Greenhouse mids filling the American demand for bland buds that might look and maybe, but not always, smoke a little better then Regs.

3"KIND" Killer, Chronic, etc.... Thousands of names and strains for this one. Basicaly high grade domestic This market is growing but may never dominate because it is cost prohibitive. If the prices stay at 250 - 500 $ per ounce then it will never dominate the market.
We will always have poor regs and bland mids as the dominate force in the market if Prohibition stays afloat.
in my area nowadays, mids and regular are different names for the same thing. then there is "kine" which we call "kb", and that is what you call "mids". finally, there are the "headies" or "dank", which are the name brand varieties, usually with crap like "dro" stacked on there.

of course, i want that dank, but kb certainly brings back fond memories. and these days, i find that reggie gets me there, and i would rather have that than some kush.

but man, you guys make the 60's and 70's sound like the place to be. and im sure they were. but DAMN! :wallbash: why couldnt i have been born 30 years before???

four seasons

Veteran
This old strain exhibits a natural mutation in the leaves. The pale color and Alligator striping on all of the leaves is present from seedling till flowering.
It is a very resinous old school pure sativa and finishes lime golden green.
Delicious...

Another Old strain from this year....Old Timers Haze from Ace

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Ooh, I got one for y'all. This is from the January 1976 issue of High Times. The caption reads, "Sergeant Mustapha with “Exhibit A.” “Allah has sent us a piece of His greatness,” remarks the guardian of oasis and dune, “but the law of the Desert decrees no rest for its’ sons.” Insh’allah."
picture.php

Cheers

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
That's true. Exhibit A- High Times January 1976, centerfold- Mexican Grass!
picture.php

Highland Oaxaca Gold

Highland Oaxaca Gold

Does anyone know where to find those seeds? There are a few seed vendors that have landraces, such as World of Seeds, The Real Seed Co., Gypsy Nirvana. But none offer mexican genetics such as H.O.G. or Acapulco Gold.!
Thanks for all the cool pics Four Seasons!