What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High Grade Vintage Cannabis photography

Bacchus

Throbbing Member
Veteran
"when was the last time you had an original or interesting idea on an indica?"

Wait, wait..... I know this answer...................

Just for the record ... We are not amused

Just for the record ... We are not amused

Though it might be an interesting nostalgia trip for the kids, second-rate scans of previously published material are certainly not appreciated by those who still hold copyright to the images.

"Fair use" does Not apply when totally incorrect captions are attached to the photos.

There's no excuse for labeling a HT center-spread as being "authentic 12 week Thai" when there was No Description Whatsoever of the strain shown there either in the spread, or the preceding page.

The operators of ICMag are to be congratulated for deleting the offending post as soon as they were made aware of it.

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
hey bass it would be nice if you would keep your shitty opinions to yourself or discuss them via pm with who you specifically have a problem with.

A LOT of "kids" happen to like this thread. One of the things we have a ton of on the internet is useless members who don't contribute ANYTHING to the community except NEGATIVITY. 4 seasons worked very hard and used his own free time to make these "second rate scans" for us all to enjoy and MOST of us appreciate it.

So thanks, I think I speak for everyone when I say take it elsewhere. Try grasscity.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey bass it would be nice if you would keep your shitty opinions to yourself or discuss them via pm with who you specifically have a problem with.

A LOT of "kids" happen to like this thread. One of the things we have a ton of on the internet is useless members who don't contribute ANYTHING to the community except NEGATIVITY. 4 seasons worked very hard and used his own free time to make these "second rate scans" for us all to enjoy and MOST of us appreciate it.

So thanks, I think I speak for everyone when I say take it elsewhere. Try grasscity.

:yeahthats

have you heard that, ass akwards??

Welcome To The Real World

Welcome To The Real World

hey bass it would be nice if you would keep your shitty opinions to yourself

No opinions. ... Just the facts.

Have a problem with that?

When our work is used in an inappropriate manner, without permission or appellation, and with a completely phony caption, we are not amused.

or discuss them via pm with who you specifically have a problem with.

We choose to "out" the thread for bogus behavior because it continued to grow and showed no sign of restraint. That's our prerogative. The thread starter evidently didn't "take the hint".

A LOT of "kids" happen to like this thread.

A lot of kids don't know any better. Couldn't care less what they like.

useless members who don't contribute ANYTHING to the community except NEGATIVITY.

Oh no ... the dreaded "N" word!

Sing us the glories of blissful ignorance!

There's no positive without a negative, unless you're smoking Thorazine.

4 seasons worked very hard and used his own free time to make these "second rate scans".

OK ... have it your way ... third-rate scans.

How much time and hard work does it take to Flatten a center-spread?

Evidently, it takes more time and work than he was willing to expend.

Inventing the bogus caption was the last straw.

Try grasscity.

Never heard of it.

Ickis

Veteran
Bass some of those publications are old. So old and outdated the original publishers could not hope to garner any more rewards from it other than the world noticing it again. Public domain old.

Also a person can take a picture of a magazine or book they bought and stick it in a thread under the context it is being done here. It is not being duplicated for profit. A person who buys orinted material does have legal rights. Like they can buy a book with beautiful prints in it. Cut each print out and sell them on eBay with pictures so people can see it.

You are being an annoying dogooder. With a good amount of snitch thrown in.

What are you trying to accomplish?

Ickis

Veteran
It is totally legal to take a photograph and add your own caption for 1 time entertainment.

Your issue is with people who steal these images to republish. That isn't what the OP is doing.

Were one of those things actually yours?

Oregonic

wtf is this dude's deal? lol

is he suggesting that these photographers are or should still be receiving royalties from high times for some bud shots they did 30 years ago? or that these magazines are still available via retail (not resale)? or that 4 seasons is making $ off publishing them? cause if they're not, how is he taking $ out of someone's pocket by scanning a few photos? and if he's not, what's the big effin deal here? aren't there more important things in life to worry about then someone 'mis-captioning' a single picture of a bud you took 30 years ago? oh no ... the dreaded "phony caption" word!

and seriously, the assertion that these pictures are being used in an "inappropriate manner" has to be some of the funniest sh!t i've read in a while

P

ptg

Awesome thread!Very nice pics of the past!

I wish i was there in the 70's to trying all these real sativa!

Please,some more pics!

Peace

S

spliphy

"R"

"R"

used to like to read him...fairly entertaining...maybe he embellished a little....the story of the woman testing him with the year and region....more than a little imho:2cents:

"R"'s articles though were some of the best parts of the mag:joint:

D

Dalaihempy

Ass backwards you come into one of the best posts i have seen on the boards and did what add something of value no no you come in here talking complet shit why does that not suprise me mate.

This post has a value and as far as i see it most of the books mags the pictures come from would more than likely be out of print now and i bet the authors would be more than happy to have them posted for the next generation to see.

C

Chamba

i bet the authors would be more than happy to have them posted for the next generation to see.

maybe, maybe not...that's the individual writer or photographer's decision, not yours or mine to guess about with...a lyric, paragraph, photo or melody belongs to the artist, legally, morally and any other way you look at it.

but so long as the use is intended for non-commercial, educational or informational use (as it is here) and their name, the date and the magazine it was printed in is clearly and plainly credited under the scanned post, then it is most likely ok both legally and more important, morally ok. Ideally, though, prior permission from the artist to post their work here is best, but that's not always possible.

I wrote many posts on OG (under another name or should say ..names) and was quite pissed off that whole paragraphs of quite a few of those posts were posted word for word on other sites after OG went down and were credited to cut and paste plagiarists...posting the paragraphs was not wrong, but not crediting the original writer was....taking credit for those posts was very wrong...no matter which way you look at it (providing your mother taught you right from wrong, that is)

Last edited:

wardyleb

I just loved reading this thread.

I started my journey with hash/mj in the 70's and this sure brought back some good memories.

Thanks for the chance to see some of this stuff again four seasons, respect

wardy

S

spliphy

totally agree...freedom of information

totally agree...freedom of information

i bet the authors would be more than happy to have them posted for the next generation to see.

maybe, maybe not...that's the individual writer or photographer's decision, not yours or mine to guess about with...a lyric, paragraph, photo or melody belongs to the artist, legally, morally and any other way you look at it.

but so long as the use is intended for non-commercial, educational or informational use (as it is here) and their name, the date and the magazine it was printed in is clearly and plainly credited under the scanned post, then it is most likely ok both legally and more important, morally ok. Ideally, though, prior permission from the artist to post their work here is best, but that's not always possible.

I wrote many posts on OG (under another name or should say ..names) and was quite pissed off that whole paragraphs of quite a few of those posts were posted word for word on other sites after OG went down and were credited to cut and paste plagiarists...posting the paragraphs was not wrong, but not crediting the original writer was....taking credit for those posts was very wrong...no matter which way you look at it (providing your mother taught you right from wrong, that is)

Informative and educational trumps all:2cents:....referenced too...all the better:joint:

Hrpuffnkush

Golden Coast
Veteran
BEST thread EVER

BEST thread EVER

JUST IGNORE IGNORANCE
you cant please evryone

im a professional photographer that shoots for publications
In this situation i would not care at all if my pictures were used....
Do to the fact this is semi non profit and VERY informative this is noting to make a big negative deal about.....

THANKS A LOT TO EVERYONE WHO TOOK TIME TO SCAN IMAGES AND POST THEM FOR ALL OF US TO SEE........

If some of you have Some issues take it to PM's so this tread doesnt get ruined and closed

Thanks Gracias Mahalo Cam ug Domo Cheers Tak

D

djam

my buddy had a authentic thai stick in a glass tube from the era . It got stolen :(

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
4 seasons I hope one angry bumba clot didn't stop you.

The anonymity of the internet allows angry cowards access to faceless strangers they use to vent frustrations on, rather than internalize their anger to self hatred they just take it out on you.

There are several million of them so don't take it personal, also if they were face to face they'd be MUCH less confrontational. They do next to nothing to help anyone but occasionally they do piss people off enough that they don't come back, and thats the only thing worth getting upset about. I hope that is not the case.

Everyone except 1 individual (clearly with personal issues) is really enjoying the thread, so don't worry about it.

If you really are worried about copyright problems. Well years ago at OG I had talked to Danny Danko about posting old HT things up in the original "Ultimate Sativa Thread". He thought it was a great idea and personally offered to scan articles and photos out of the library they keep at HT headquarters. We never got around to it, but my point is they weren't threatening legal action. Quite the opposite. Danny may not represent the legal board of HT, but it wasn't like he thought they would have a problem with it, and he was and still is a photographer for HT.