What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High Grade Vintage Cannabis photography

bigherb

Veteran
fourseasons

dyin too see n im interested to kno if you hav the LINEAGE of those sacred seeds haze offerings

o.haze #"S 1-4
The Burning bush is Vietnamese x Haze ? which haze tho
extra late new years haze

since you seem to have som important/very interesting articles im hopin you hav
any info on their lineage or traits/smoke reports it will be much appreciated

1luvbigherb

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Burning bush is Vietnamese x Haze.

The "B" in early haze...hmmm not sure on that one.

Are you Zamalito??

"Burning Bush is a Vietnamese X Haze Ibl from the sacred seeds collective breeding ... it's acquisition and subsequent outcross to an afghan by Sam Skunkman". The only known sample of the pure cali ... burning bush, i really dont know of any reliable references to the bb to ..."

Again:
Sam said it was a select Original Haze on the thai side :joint:

Last edited:

bigherb

Veteran
much thx

interesting a select thai leanin haze crossed to vietnamese sounds like danger lov to put a light to som burning bush

id lov to hear reports of taste n aromas of our sacred seeds haze selections of yesteryear especially south indians

ive not seen much reports on indian ganja its reported that the kerala played a big role in the makeup of o.haze
wit the thousands of years of cultivation n selection also reports from shanti n R seems to be proven very special id lov to kno more bout traits of taste n aromas associated wit indian specifiacally s.indian cannabis ive seen incense n spice to be described as aromas for example
ive always been impressed/interested in haze mist from tfd n hav not seen many reports but description is very similar to som haze hybrids im familiar wit

1luvbigherb

xOOx

love to see the pics in this thread! i remember smoking stuff that looked like lots of the buds depicted in those detailed pages prior.. wish people could get some today and try it, they would flip. i'm talkin' couple hits and your face is on fire like you just had a 3rd degree sunburn, body floating around like its disconnected from your head. some of them felt like you were really doing something wrong & illegal, lol. lots of modern stuff is smack down but then gone..not lasting..or very regular beer buzz like highs and then gone..

"Cizaña" growth pattern looks very familiar Raco - any more info? columbian likes to grow with poof balls all down the lateralz it seems..

xoox

four seasons

Veteran
Mexican commercial buds from last summer. This stuff was everywhere. Good cheap smoke. The taste is very mild earthy sweet with little expansion. Reminds me of commercial from the eighties.
I usualy dont smoke commercial but its nice to see whats coming north every now and then.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Look compact and smokable ^

...as far as the eye could see...
wonderful pic from Clarke´s HASHISH!,a must read :)

P1152860.jpg

ItsAllOver

Devil's Advocate
The CPI shows that it takes $3.55 today to buy what $1 bought on Jan.1, 1976.
comes from a Pittsburgh Tribune article that I found, meaning that adjusted for inflation,
A 1976 Columbian Conoisseur Grade Oz on the East Coast @ $35-55/oz. equals
$124.00 - 195.00 of today's dollars.
Niiiice!!! That's probably about half of what one might pay now, depending on what the quality of this "columbian conoisseur grade" really was!

HarryNugz

Acapulco Gold

An interesting movie about smuggling Acapulco Gold into the U.S. back in the early 70's

2nd pic is a roadside sample
3rd harvesting
4th swimming across the border

Attachments

• vlcsnap-45109.jpg
    vlcsnap-45109.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 32
  • vlcsnap-62512b.jpg
    vlcsnap-62512b.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 37
  • vlcsnap-70050B.jpg
    vlcsnap-70050B.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 36
  • vlcsnap-187586.jpg
    vlcsnap-187586.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 33

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
FYI,
Burning Bush was an Original Haze with a strong Thai influence. I named it.
There were only Two Haze Brothers and they did not go to NYC and visit HT.
Joe Haze is not a Haze brother. The Haze Brothers did not grow Indica's, they grew Sativa's.
They did grow my Skunk #1 after 1980, because it was easier and faster for them.
-SamS (who was there)

s13sr20det

admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.
Veteran
2 nd pic & 3 nd pic is harvesting ditch weed, not Acapulco.
Movie was a bit boring.

my 2 fav scenes are when he turns down kilos for 50 bucks each, and when he swims across the border with the other kilos. i liked acapulco gold

bigherb

Veteran
FYI,
Joe Haze is not a Haze brother. The Haze Brothers did not grow Indica's, they grew Sativa's.
They did grow my Skunk #1 after 1980, because it was easier and faster for them.
-SamS (who was there)

sams
much respect glad you have returned to this thread hope all is well

great to see you wow i didnt realized its ur post till i finished mine i read the post without takin note of the poster

great post
but how bout those old ht articles from four seasons all made up, haze bros kush their special hashplant i was lookin forward to reading more about

bout that nyc trip to me its just no doubt in my mind nyc has som connection to haze bros haze its puzzles my brain that the description of our uptown haze n hybrids r matched by none except haze bros description mns haze hybrids n the closely guarded rotterdam cut

sams the more i think that my quest to know all i can bout haze bros haze/o.haze is over i hav a new question thought and this is my latest ur quote below has made me ponder

such as

FYI,

love that i named it
much thx
the truth shall set you free

if you smoked Original Haze back in the 70's you would not be calling it "just one line".

the only full description of o.haze ive seen posted from you as direct response was too me .

i find surprising n more evident reports on the legend of the 70's is very lackin in info /smoke reports as i stated at the beginning of the thread n since my first post askin ive still only seen maybe a handful of
reports since like pullin teeth tryin to get n og hippy to give a proper smoke report just like the reports of our uptown haze/piff many claim to smoke her n then give a weak or half ass description

soo now im interested to kno if ur description of ohaze was from ur latest thai/tfd line or wat?

Sam S did live in the same street in Santa Cruz and collected seeds of Original Haze which were then inbreed at Cultivators Choice

im very much interested in all the old cc n sssc offerings haze#1-4 newsyear haze christmas haze burning bush etc
all this info seems to not be available online or atleast on boards ive searched

well i find in interesting that mns traits of taste n aromas r soo very indentical too nyc haze hybrids n funny that legend has it the haze in rotterdam was brought from nyc n no other reports /except a handful of hbh/ftd hav recognized these traits

another interesting note

The introduction of faster flowering lines in Colombia happened a in the mid-late 70's after the haze bros ceased working with the haze
i wasnt around but this is interesting n seems to be true

as ive said b4 i think nyc has one of those earlier/earliest lines of mex/colombian but ive often thought bout the s.indian keralan which i havnt seen much info or done research on but i understand som s.indian strains to be spicy n incense like

if you smoked Original Haze back in the 70's you would not be calling it "just one line".

this we/I understand but id appreciate/lov/n hav been dying n tryin to get accurate descriptions of n from each selection of yrs n phenos/colors
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Knowsitall4sure

I gave them Acapulco Gold,Thai, South Indian seeds, saw the plants, saw their offspring from a Acapulco GoldXColumbian cross, and saw them grown the next year, and many after."

very interesting to me is the emphasis on this quote i take referrin to the apg X lum as this being of som importance as standout hybrid/selection

imo just how i take it as i wasnt around for the convo wish i was

but also becaz of the thai bein sams favored side n ive not seen him mention much of the traits carried over from s.american side which i believe to hav very large influence on HAZE our atleast the NYC HAZE HYBRIDS im familiar wit

lov to hear ur thoughts on this

were u referring to the first cross of mex X lum was this the special select they used continuosly in the creation id lov to hear a smoke report on her taste n aromas

one last thought for now
i read som were you and reef worked together did he recieve any o.haze stock from you?

one last

are you referring to HT as high times ?
story is neville supposedly came to nyc and received seeds

if your referring too how did haze bros haze get here in nyc im askin you

SamS (who was there)
i love that fuckin line

hope my questions r not too much im just a bit excited this morning

1luvbigherb

Last edited: