What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High Grade Vintage Cannabis photography

four seasons

Veteran
High Times sure has changed over the years. It seems to have shifted formats as fads in America came and went.
For a few years during the early eighties the mag was filled with pages of Cocaine articles and pictures which was a big turn off for me.
The mag has since shifted away from actual global reporting with smart detailed articles to a more "pop" mag geared towards the younger less educated consumer. Unfortunitly many young smokers of today are not as interested in global cultural cannabis and drug issues and are mostly buying the mag for the sleek glossy photos of the Modern Strains of todays .

Thanks all

bigherb

Veteran
four seasons

thank you brotha

amazin its gets better

soo many pure sat wish i was around damn i get jealous lookin at these old pics

dyin too see n im interested to kno if you hav the LINEAGE of those sacred seeds haze offerings
o.haze 1-4
The Burning bush is Vietnamese x Haze id lov too taste her ? which haze tho
extra late new years haze

1luvbigherb

four seasons

Veteran
Thank you all.

Lately I have had lots of time on hand so I definitly dont mind scanning these for us.
Being a cancer survivor I spend most of my time giving back and sharing good karma. These are the things that matter the most.

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
Thanks for posting up those hawaiians.

I asked this once in tokers den but here seems like a better place.

What the hell ever happened to "R."?

Did he write a goodbye column? Did he die? Quit smoking pot? Anyone know what his last article was?

NukaCola

Thats cool to be able to and see what mj was back then. One thing i noticed is they didn't like to trim back then?

jim dankness

Thanks for posting up those hawaiians.

I asked this once in tokers den but here seems like a better place.

What the hell ever happened to "R."?

Did he write a goodbye column? Did he die? Quit smoking pot? Anyone know what his last article was?

i've always wondered the same thing. my pet theory is that 'R.' was Ed Rosenthal... but really, who knows?

a12

Thanks for sharing this great info and pics... that buds pics are beautiful! $5 for OH in 81 wowwww

Peace

demasoni

some of those photos are some hardcore looking sativa landrace,
reminds me of a photos of asian fantasy, congo, "paranoid as shit" thai/viet :)
some of those oaxacan mexican look like seeded "mids" I see even today that are most def mex sativa like that.
nope, those are not your every day amsterdamerized indica sat hybrids.
Thankfully more breeders have landrace collections or atleast one strain...the different girls and buds of different countries make life worth living, its all about making it out there to sample them yum.

four seasons

Veteran
I agree I dont think ED was R. Not to knock ED but the writing style of R gets right into the core of the imagination. His discriptive style is very advanced and definitly more creative.
Maybe Robert Connel Clark ?

A

arvid b

Hightimes said:
Haze Brothers Indica-Sativa Cross: Larry, Curly and Mo

While previously the brothers Haze have been known for their intense indicas, particularly the spectacular purples of past years.

WTF? I thought Haze brothers were Sativa through and through?

jim dankness

WTF? I thought Haze brothers were Sativa through and through?

not at all, at least if High Times is to be believed. one of 'R's year-end harvest reports from '81 or '82 features a photo & review of a "Haze Bros Kush" bud. i'll try to dig it out unless Four Seasons beats me to it...

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
I thought there were two, not three brothers. So it's news to me as well, but at any rate they made and made famous "haze". It was one of the pinnacle strains. But I also read they usually had over thirty varieties every season.

They were greenhouse growers who let the plants finish long, and resins to ripen. So it really probably was some of the finest weed back then.

herbheadz

Thanks for posting/scanning these amazing articles/pics Four Seasons!

These are a true history lesson of yesteryears strains just a shame they're not widely available so us young un's could experience the mind blowing effects they seemed to have offered, not to say great sativas aren't available anymore but smoking some of these would be like hopping in a time machine.:)

CANNACO-OP

Farmassist
Veteran
1.gif
This thread is art work. I just found some stuff from 1988-1992, not vintage, but still pretty awesome. "Kushman"