What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vietnamese Cannabis Seeds

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
51067A22-D6B1-4D89-9825-D0031C320110.jpg
That Xoai Dalat grow in own motherland

LOVELY!

OldCoolSativa

anybody grew Vietnam from landrace team? pic from their site:

VIETNAM-7TH-FEBRUARY-2020-1024x768.jpg

DJ grew those..they're spectacular. I grew Vietnam from TLT, documented in my DIY haze thread. I only flowered two plants and they both had very good, upbeat, energetic, long lasting effects, but didn't quite develop the fenotrigo bud structure shown above. One doesn't have much in terms of aroma or flavor, while the other one smelled like bubblegum or Juicyfruit gum. They both went about 16 weeks. Legit SE Asian genetics, IMO.

6 weeks from seed
fetch?id=17930353&d=1630281233.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?id=17930353&d=1630281233.jpg Views:	0 Size:	198.5 KB ID:	18110737

3 weeks flower
fetch?id=17949190&d=1632335017.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?id=17949190&d=1632335017.jpg Views:	0 Size:	128.1 KB ID:	18110738

Vietnam #1 at 8, 10, 12 and 14 weeks in flower

Click image for larger version  Name:	V1.png Views:	0 Size:	585.9 KB ID:	18110739

Vietnam #2 at 8, 10, 12 and 14 weeks in flower
Click image for larger version  Name:	V2.png Views:	0 Size:	566.1 KB ID:	18110740

romanoweed

Ok people, im gone from the Net now, i wont come back (besides im Personal Messages)
ive read alot, so rare are those tripweeds. its so rare that it draw me into reading OLD Threads here on icmag and overgrow mr.niceforum, and so forth, up and down. 7 freaking years long.

I found out that Terroir must be unbelevable important and IMHO is the reason why Thai, Congolese, Mexian were that good. Thats my greatest finding i ever made, its based on my extensive search for tripreports,, and finding that tripweeds all come from Tropics, without much exeption..
Scientifically logically speaking: there is correlation between tropical belt and good weed, also there is eventual correlation between higher Elevations and good Weed ) . Thats possiby Terroir showing.
Whatever Continent, be it : Southern Indian Idukki gold, was coming exatly form a tropical higher elevation, not the coast.. Vietnamese, from Mountain, Congolese some of the best came from Mountains.

The secound finding is Inbreeding Depression, Ive greatly heard from the few like Skunkman who strongly believe in inbreding dep. how firm they are, there are scientifical papers declaring it as prooven.

I found out where the trippyest Reports came from. took me Ages, like 3 years to finally find the same Legends like Congo to repeat over and over again, and none of the "unmentioned Areas" to ever create an exeptional report .. That moment when i realized this consistency i thought: "oha, seems like this is no hype or hearsay, seems its actually simply the truth"

So, i found out most that i wanted, and of corse hunted alot.. Hope i have it together now, have to follow my carrer, no more posting on the Forums

by by

pink grass 1.jpg

pink_grass_hill_2.jpg

Piff_cat

They were both done at 16 weeks. I harvest when the colas stop swelling; I don't ever wait for sativa trichomes to turn amber. Yes, selection is needed. I still have most of two packs left so I'll run them all and breed with a few. Good weed, but not trip weed.
im running djs outback haze 3 x tlt vietnam now. the vietnamese plants have a presence ive never seen before. extreme reactions to injury/light being fixed almost immediatly. if i crack a fan leaf or petiole the next day that spot is like cement. they have very fragrant stems which are hollow but a bright white lining inside. it seems like they use the underneath veins with high lignin to bend one finger at a time towars the light, i guess plant dexterity. even the outback viet males reek. a pretty good spread in the f1, although considering how close they are to yunnan the cross is really more of a ancestor backcross. one is a really cool looking fenotrigo another is monster mutant looking . and a male i call rubber band man because of the long secondary branches which are like yellow rubber. def some nice plants in there
maryweekd51.jpg
jungle v9.jpg
junglev8.jpg

TheDarkStorm

im running djs outback haze 3 x tlt vietnam now. the vietnamese plants have a presence ive never seen before. extreme reactions to injury/light being fixed almost immediatly. if i crack a fan leaf or petiole the next day that spot is like cement. they have very fragrant stems which are hollow but a bright white lining inside. it seems like they use the underneath veins with high lignin to bend one finger at a time towars the light, i guess plant dexterity. even the outback viet males reek. a pretty good spread in the f1, although considering how close they are to yunnan the cross is really more of a ancestor backcross. one is a really cool looking fenotrigo another is monster mutant looking . and a male i call rubber band man because of the long secondary branches which are like yellow rubber. def some nice plants in there View attachment 18733318 View attachment 18733316 View attachment 18733317

Hey piffcat, can you ask dj if he found any more of this phenotype in tlrt's Vietnamese....or if he still holds this one or uses it....it seems to be a very rare phenotype in that Vietnamese but the most interesting type by far in those....

IMG_20210119_001620.png

Also what was said to be holy han, shantis nevils haze cutting x lui hann an whats going around now as asian nevils aka yo sammys f1 nevils haze x f2 nevils haze/Vietnamese black (lui han).....are they actually the same thing or two different strains ?...thanks
The Asian nevils in the advertising picture looks good.....almost looks similar to my naam black x f1 97Nevils haze.

Last edited:

Piff_cat

Hey piffcat, can you ask dj if he found any more of this phenotype in tlrt's Vietnamese....or if he still holds this one or uses it....it seems to be a very rare phenotype in that Vietnamese but the most interesting type by far in those....

View attachment 18744888

Also what was said to be holy han, shantis nevils haze cutting x lui hann an whats going around now as asian nevils aka yo sammys f1 nevils haze x f2 nevils haze/Vietnamese black (lui han).....are they actually the same thing or two different strains ?...thanks
The Asian nevils in the advertising picture looks good.....almost looks similar to my naam black x f1 97Nevils haze.
I will def ask dj I agree that pheno is very special. The square hollow red stem/candy cane striped stem actually holds alot of significance. Red xylem mutants in mulberry are a result of a cad mutation which results in high aldehydes phenols incorporated into lignin and is responsible for big increases in secondary metabolites.
Dj is growing out tge rest of his Vietnam now so will have new selection info soon.
Is holy hanh use holy grail or smoke as a mom? That's what I assumed by the name. The Vietnam nevils you describe w Sammy's clone sounds wonderful. Considering his clone is an early selection and nev specifically mentioned it as being the most similar to the best nh phenotype/first haze like. In this case even if the pedigree was same - nevhaze f1 x nevf2 x vb I would think Sammy's would still have an edge due to the a5 female being different. Also who made the holy hanh cross? Because I find shantis honesty in terms of pedigree and filial gen to be unreliable. So if he did it it needs taken w grain of salt. But if someone else used his clone that's dependable. The Mr nice stuff that uses f1 clones is great I also like the a/c male especially holy smoke. But all the backcrosses/incrosses/f2 stuff is lacking pushes things too far away from haze a imo

Piff_cat

this is a standout pearl pheno i found in djs outback3 x tlt viet. call her resin on a stick the pics dont do it justice. all of the buds are like this not just the tops very cool.

and the second picture is the beast female which had fused coteyledons and tru leaves. chest plate fan leaves. she could probly fill the tent by herself if trained. her resin/bud structure will probly not be maxed out this time since shes in corner. but extreme vigor and thick veining is a reocurring trait in this vietnam progeny
jungleweek.jpg
mary23.jpg
mary22.jpg

Piff_cat

hey dark so dj has a vietnam going right now which looks identical to the cool plant when it was small.
vietfemale.jpg

and here is the second type he has going which strongly resembles the male he put to outback3 to create the f1s im growing
vietmale.jpg
viethaze.JPG

and here is another pic of the red stem female. this really shows the haze dom characteristics in my opinion. pistils look alot like extreme haze phenos, the fan leaves with thick veining look alot like the thai mango from zomia. and the whole curl down reaction shows up in the doors, sannies jack and others.

i also recently found a line sinbud has been gifted called uncle zanes mean green brought back from nam and worked for 10 years and then put away in storage until recently. lots of funky mutants
Screenshot 2022-08-11 at 12-28-00 ExoticAlchemy on Instagram Big ups to @sinbudd for the kind ...png

meangtri.png

meangleaf.png

meanganeuploidd.png

Hempy McNoodle

View attachment 18744888

The structure is very similar to a pheno of Double Acapulco Gold that I grew. Looks like a good yeilder!

Piff_cat

Hi, i'm growing vietnamese hoa bac.
Don't know the sex for the moment, regular seeds.
They're in 30 and 60 liters pot since 1 month, 2,5 liters before.
View media item 18703664
View media item 18703663
View media item 18703662
View media item 18703660
View media item 18703659
these are looking good especially number 2 has those "rubberband" petioles i like to see. cannabis in extreme humidity seems to produce way more lignin then normal. lignin is for structure and protection against fungi, insects, humidity etc but it also shares the same precursor as the phenolpropanoids in cannabinoids. giving these high humidity types powerful metabolisms.

Latest posts

Latest posts