What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

video on CC website.

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
GoodbyeBlueSky said:
1. anyone who's been to the dam in april knows that while there may be some shitty days, there are also some absolutely beautiful ones...

2.if you can't find something that caters to some interest of yours in amsterdam than there's something wrong with you.

3.don't have to sit in coffeeshops to smoke in the dam either. i love chilling in the Vondelpark for a nice joint.

4. that's a bold assumption for someone who's never even been to the dam. p.s. they sell jamaican weed in the dam anyway.

5.Blame George Bush...

6.Blend in with the locals? well unless you're slinging coke or something i wouldn't worry about LEO... weed is tolerated, so what's to worry about...

7.renting out a small resort? not all of us have the cash for an endeavor like that.

8.hey! canal cruises are cool.

all i'm saying is, don't knock it if you haven't tried it... amsterdam is a cool place...

Dont get me wrong, i love Amsterdam. I was born there.

gaiusmarius said:
also if we bring some bubblebags we can make bubble with the local weed.

exactly!

Another vote for Jamaica! Gaius!!!

Last edited:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
instead of jamaica, spain might be safer. you never know, in jamaica you can get shaken down by local leo. specially if they hear about a resort of stoner tourists lol. some local might just think it's worth grassing us up.

that's why a toker friendly country is safer. but maybe things are better again in jamaica? i know 15 years ago people were getting in heavy shit for getting caught with cannabis. but as far as the beaches and weather go you are totally right.

M

Mr. Nevermind

Moppel said:
Its a bit strange with the CC, because it aint for the dutch, thats for sure. 90% of the judges are from USA. Judging the shitty buds of the coffeeshops , while the best buds were smoked in the seedboutique.

But hey.....a cup in Jamaica sounds great. But would be hard to bring our own strains in , though. But with the dvd from Gypsy in my mind...... :yummy:

p/s you familiar with any rasta's overthere?

I dont think it would be that hard. Hard getting it out , not in. How many people smuggle weed to jamaica? More than likely none, its all shipped out. Same as A'dam which is why people have aneasy time getting their herb sent there but dont bring any back.

Familiar with Rasta's? well real Rastas are living in the mountains and hills and dont come down much.But i know many locals and have given out alot of good genes down there so there are alot of great strains down there now that we all know and love.

nevermind

M

Mr. Nevermind

1. anyone who's been to the dam in april knows that while there may be some shitty days, there are also some absolutely beautiful ones... I dont want to spend 17 hours on a plane in hopes a getting a few days of good weather if i am lucky

2.if you can't find something that caters to some interest of yours in amsterdam than there's something wrong with you. the same things in A'dam are in Ja, but JA also has beaches

3.don't have to sit in coffeeshops to smoke in the dam either. i love chilling in the Vondelpark for a nice joint. I would assume most if given the choice of sitting in a park or at seedboo, or smoking on a beach in perfect weater the choice is obvious

4. that's a bold assumption for someone who's never even been to the dam. p.s. they sell jamaican weed in the dam anyway. Considering most who got to the cup bring their own and there are a ton of thread about how dissappointing cup winners are, id say the appeal of A'dam is being able to smoke not the smoke in a'dam.

5.Blame George Bush... Not concerened about blame, concerend about reality. Most that go to the cups are from USA, so it wuld make sense to go to a place where dollar goes further, not less

6.Blend in with the locals? well unless you're slinging coke or something i wouldn't worry about LEO... weed is tolerated, so what's to worry about... while in jamaica it isn't legal for tourists... personally i'm not into bribing local leo... Yes, LEO can be a plain old white guy and dress normal and blend in. In Jamaica he would stick ut like a sore thumb. Plus the JA cops can be baught easy for cheap. As many that come to resort the resort could pay off cops. its a win win

7.renting out a small resort? not all of us have the cash for an endeavor like that. Considering you can get a pentouse in Ja for liek $100 a night i would say its quite affordable. Better than flying to A'dam and stayin gin hostels as many do. smaller local owned resorts are very affordable and will do anything to make you comfortabel

8.hey! canal cruises are cool. I am sure they are, but a sunset cruise on the carribean sea is cooler. Warm weather, beatuiful sunset, food, drinks, smoke and good friends.

Plus most peopels girlfriends would liek to go to that one so it wouldnt be such a sausage party as it is now. What girl would turn down a trip to Ja? I know many that would turn down a trip to A'dam . but women love the islands

nevermind

WAMEN

Joint Date: Today.
Veteran
gaiusmarius said:
instead of jamaica, spain might be safer. you never know, in jamaica you can get shaken down by local leo. specially if they hear about a resort of stoner tourists lol. some local might just think it's worth grassing us up.

that's why a toker friendly country is safer. but maybe things are better again in jamaica? i know 15 years ago people were getting in heavy shit for getting caught with cannabis. but as far as the beaches and weather go you are totally right.

right on, yes, count me in :yes:

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
yes, every year. i actually would know a place where we could hold it in spain. Nol lives closby also.

M

Mr. Nevermind

gaiusmarius said:
how is it in jamaica for stoners at this time? anyone know?

great!! hurrican season just ended on Nov 30. Perfect weather for you

nevermind

M

Mr. Nevermind

GoodbyeBlueSky said:
i think he was enquiring more about the legal status of pot than the weather...

well the ability to enjoy herb in Jamaica is a given. You can smoke outside the airport, you can smoke in a cab from the air port, you can smoke once you arrive at location. you can smoke in resturants, you can smoke in clubs , you can smoke on 7 mile beach, you can smoke on your jetski, you can smoke on the cliffs. You can smoke anywhere. Just be respectful of others. Never been bothered by a cop for smoking.

jamaica is a stoners dream. Get a cab to resturant. can smoke in the cab on the way there . once there you can oder a drink and lite a spliff and wait for your food. Shit , on the beach you can just be sittin ghtere and a local will come up and offer to share a j with you. On average we smoke 4 j's a day from locals when there. they just want to talk and smoke. Very herb friendly

nevermind

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
and do they share the good buds with the tourists? or do they keep that and sell crappy shit to strangers?

M

Mr. Nevermind

Moppel said:
and do they share the good buds with the tourists? or do they keep that and sell crappy shit to strangers?

at the airport the herb sucks but its there and cheap. i dont buy it from the airport. once you get to where you are staying you will get many different offerings, some range from crappy brown shit all the way to high end smoke. Alot of great strains down there to choose from. Best is in Negril IMHO. If you are offered something you dont like just say no thank you. somone will be along with something else in a minute or 2. Or some will even smoke it with you first to make sure you like it, i fyou are buying enough.

nevermind

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
And how much does it cost overthere? Gypsy bought a Pound good stuff for 50 bucks to make hash on that dvd.

M

Mr. Nevermind

Moppel said:
And how much does it cost overthere? Gypsy bought a Pound good stuff for 50 bucks to make hash on that dvd.

it all depends, at the airport its pricey and it is also in Mo' bay. However in Negril and further there are alot of growers so you can get a pound for $50 to $150. I never buy that much though. I got about 3-4 oz of seedless sativa on the stalk still for about $100 us and it crushed me. But i dont negotiaite much . I tell them how much i am spending on herb and they give me what i feel is fair. they are poor people so if they get me 3-4 zips for 100 i wont try to pay less. thats more than fair.

nevermind

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
mr. nevermind have fun in Jamaica.

heck start another event down there, but i'd much rather have IC 420 in Amsterdam it's much safer, and a damn lot closer for me.

plus there is no seed boutigue in Jamaica.

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
trichomefarmer said:
mr. nevermind have fun in Jamaica.

heck start another event down there, but i'd much rather have IC 420 in Amsterdam it's much safer, and a damn lot closer for me.

good point. LOL

You think they would have a OP there??? lol

M

Mr. Nevermind

I cant argue with you there. Old pink would be soo lonely! NOone stopping in to visit. Though i am sure there is a way to get some beans there for purchase. You are right though. a large point is to get those to A'dam and get them to buy beans and with no shop in Ja. it dont help Gypsy and folks that much sale wise. But if we put our heads togwther i am sure that they can get alot of beans down there for us to buy from gypsy and folks

nevermind