What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

video on CC website.

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
Dont you just hate this guy?

The CC is a hoax, why can these guys make publicity for themself and their strains on the CC website? Arjan "king of cannabis" :moon: what a prick!

Last edited:

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
The big DNA GENETICS add at the top of that page just doesn't make me wanna stay on there for too long :chin: :biglaugh: :moon: :fsu:

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
I had to ask HT to remove a video from there site a while back
again Arjen was being interviewed but there in the background was myself
and 3 other mods from canna forums (here and OG) in plain view
and we are well known to the HT boys so how they managed to muss it I'll never know

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
Well i guess he will win the cup again also. "worldchampion growing"....makes me wanna throw up.

Last edited:
Especially since Arjan has quite a few of his strains developed by Shanti if I'm not mistaken... Give credit where credit is due I'd say. :joint:

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
Mad Scientist said:
Especially since Arjan has quite a few of his strains developed by Shanti if I'm not mistaken... Give credit where credit is due I'd say. :joint:

And he doesnt even have those strains from Shanti anymore since they broke up. The SSH from greenhouse sucks.

WAMEN

Joint Date: Today.
Veteran
the video looks good.. plants are amazing.. and its interesting.. but it isnt fair thats true

mr melvin

Nah man, anyone can make a youtube vid, whats stopping them? All's fair in love and war, Life is both, want some popcorn? :lurk:

So HT choses to put a link up to it, helping advertise the HTCC, so what? sour grapes

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i must say, it's quite a cool film to watch.

they are gonna have it cured for 4 months by the time its for sale at the cup. i deffinetly want to try some, lol.

13 week ultra haze with a 4 month cure sounds very tempting indeed, can't wait.

peace

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
i never said it wasnt, but you can bet your ass thatthey normally dont cure their weed 4 months before they sell it. And i find it unfair for other seedbanks who dont have the contacts to get this done.

G

Everyone knows how the CC works. There are so many breeder's and grower's that grow strains that so much better. There was word one year that there was a real KNOCK OUT smoke entered and it didn't make it to the judges for the reason it was going to beat someone that enter's alot. It thier contest and i think the deck is stacked most of the time. Personal, i don't like the guy. I was lucky enought to meet him along time ago while spending the summer with my uncle in Holland. He was a dick then and it looks like he hasn't change. Guess he thinks his shit doesn't stink. It all about money if you don't already know. The seed business is a very big business and those that are spammed all over HT magazine and others. Are going to make a killing. This youtube or whatever is another platform for him and his seeds. Yes, alot needs to be giving to Shanti. He basically build their business and made them. I personally think Shanti is the best when it comes to seeds. This is just my personall opion and what i've seen. I think it was the summer of 1988 when i met the so called King of Seeds, lololol. Boy, what a guy. I about 16 at the time and he most likely thought i was a american teenage punk, oh well.
Later all,
BG

PS, This was still the time when the coffee shops still had micorscopes on the counter tops to check out buds. My very first smoke every in amsterdamn with my uncle was william wonder.

Last edited:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Moppel said:
i never said it wasn't, but you can bet your ass that they normally don't cure their weed 4 months before they sell it. And i find it unfair for other seedbanks who don't have the contacts to get this done.

i know dude, i agree with you that the htcc is not very fairly run. i mean i have never been to it before, but every year there is some new scandal in the last years. still, we who have no stake in it, can just sit back and enjoy it for the circus it is. :D

for a real honest growers cup, the 420 is the one to enter.

i'm sure arjan normally doesn't cure his product at all, at least that's what it smells and tastes like the rest of the year, lol.

if you kick him in the nuts, make sure you call me so i can watch.:smilies: but seriously man don't let this shit get to you Moppel, it's not worth it.

and in the end anyone growing with a decent camera could make such a film and post it in youtube, he was just the first to recognize the potential for some free advertising on youtube, lol.

peace

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
gaiusmarius said:
if you kick him in the nuts, make sure you call me so i can watch.:smilies: but seriously man don't let this shit get to you Moppel, it's not worth it.

he was just the first to recognize the potential for some free advertising on youtube, lol.

peace

I dont worry, dude. And if i do , i will lite my joint one more time...lol

I dont think he was the first to reconigze it, he must have a good friend at ht.

peace

Last edited:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
well the plants looked healthy , yes. they also had some very nice sized colas, but in the end we never got to see a close up of the actual trichome coverage and bud structure, calyx size. he made a point of telling us how sticky they are, lol. but i would assume he wouldn't use a mediocre strain as a cup entry. specially not a 13 week mediocre strain, having waited 13 weeks, to give them a 4 month cure speaks of great planning and great ambition to supply the best possible sample of his ultra haze.

i hope some others do the same thing to make it more fair. but i will certainly be making a point to get some of that ultra haze with a 4 month cure :yes:

Last edited:

mr melvin

Bring your own scope ffs, cure it yourself, dont fucking go if you dont want to, but stop bitching about the up and coming event because you sound like bitches talking over the garden fence. You still have 156 days to wait :lurk:

No one is stoping anyone else from "spamming." everyone is quite capable of making a vid and posting it at a cannabis forum. :bat: And whats stoping them from using their brain and coming up with other ways? If you say money, well boo hoo, the only way to get that is through hard work or is it that brain working overtime?

:dueling: Its a contest, it was always gonna be contested in this way, the coneisour just gets on with it and leaves the hype (and bitching) at the train station.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
hey man, it's a free fucking country. if i wanna bitch i will and you won't make me stop. capish?

every one knows that the high times cup has not always been run along the most impartial lines possible. but fuck it, it's a new year and i'm sure it will be an awesome party.

but there is nothing wrong with pointing out the unfairness of having one entry, presented way before the event in such a video.

in fact, when the 420 cup was in preparation last time, anyone who posted pics of their entry got those pics removed by admin on this site. WHY? to keep things fair and equal.

so don't come on all high and fucking mighty. because it IS an unfair advantage to make advertising for only one of the strains.

but fuck it man, no one takes these thing seriously. it's just an excuse to meet up and party, while getting to smoke some of the latest strains.

Latest posts

Latest posts