What's new

Vertically Simple

Nice grow setups guys.

NF- What is a Macro

U.G.U- A flat res huh, is that just what it sounds like? a res that is expanded over more floor space so it can be much lower in height and therefore be lower than any of your plant sites?

Whats the max yield expo?

Later guys, I'm glad so many knowledgeable growers have chimed in during this thread, I love seeing peoples different ways of maximizing space and efficiency.

-CT

U.G.U

ya the res measures 36" x 36" x 10" tall. the maximum yeild expo is a hydroponic convention up in SF this weekend.

macster

UGU What is the diameter of those white pipes pls
Pressure and timers are no real concern to me as I would just run a continuous drip/nft system with gravity return to the rez.
As betterboy said after the roots reach the bottom of the pipe your running a nft system anyhow
By the way where is Betterboy

Boy I love to go to san fran now

Last edited:

Liam

Its been proven time and time again, it is WAY CMEMORYER to BUY the Cage, than to build your own. The Cage and all similar designs suffer from a MAJOR lack of room for the roots as well.

As for my gallery lacking photos Northern Farmer, I guess you weren't part of the vertical growing community back on Overgrow, I did the fog coliseum, might jog your memory. I don't consider icmag MY grow site, here is a two year old pic of my first grow in a Coliseum. When/if Overgrow comes back, then I'll have my galleries back, I'll throw a few other pics I have in my gallery while I'm at it.

If someone wants to build their own vertical system... vertical PVC pipes is NOT the way to go (unless you get your hands on some 10-12" pipe!). Connectors is where the real cost comes in, and there are 'Cage' desgins that minimize their use, usually having the resevior on the bottom is how.

Last edited:

pumpkin2006

Liam said:
Its been proven time and time again, it is WAY CMEMORYER to BUY the Cage, than to build your own. The Cage and all similar designs suffer from a MAJOR lack of room for the roots as well.

As for my gallery lacking photos Northern Farmer, I guess you weren't part of the vertical growing community back on Overgrow, I did the fog coliseum, might jog your memory. I don't consider icmag MY grow site, here is a two year old pic of my first grow in a Coliseum. When/if Overgrow comes back, then I'll have my galleries back, I'll throw a few other pics I have in my gallery while I'm at it.

If someone wants to build their own vertical system... vertical PVC pipes is NOT the way to go (unless you get your hands on some 10-12" pipe!). Connectors is where the real cost comes in, and there are 'Cage' desgins that minimize their use, usually having the resevior on the bottom is how.

I think you got the response that you did, because of the tone you set for the conversation, you simply put, that the system was not good and didn't give any other input, nothing to help... so why would you say anything at all? If your going to criticize someone or their ideas, then you need to at least give input, on what is the problem...

Also, please don't act like your better because your from OG, doesn't make anyone special. See, now this is good criticism, because I'm addressing the problem and suggestion what you should do. If you don't feel like going through the steps, then don't bother posting at all.

G

Liam said:

Pumpkin is right.

You throw a negative comment at some one's hard work without any other input. It leaves me nothing else to see why so I look at your gallery to see what kind of knowledge you may have.

On top of it you seem pretty negative towards the host here (although you did edit your opinion of ICMAG out). I don't know what your problem is?

Let's move on...... :wave:

Last edited:
Agreed, lets move on to more important things.

BTW. Liam, Unless I'm mistaken I do remember that coliseum fog thread and you from OG. Very interesting stuff if I remember correctly.

Later,

-CT

N

Neptune

verticle growing has always intrigued me, I am enjoying this thread.

here is my recent experiment, in progross...

5gallon pots, 100% organic. Plants were mothers, raped for clones and vegged another 4 weeks.

U.G.U

whats up guys just got back from san fran.

had a pretty good time. The pipes shown are 6" but I have a 8" set up as well.

KingRalph

love the simple setup, dirt doctor

was someone harpin on homemade pvc vertical? cube replica built for under a thousand bucks, with the help of wholesale prices. retail price $4500. lotta savings, lotta vert

peace n green thumbs all :joint:

U.G.U

Some one pm'd me the other day I believe it was regarding this thread I don't have the post count yet to check it so just to let you know I am not ignoring it. Thanks

G

guest5703

thats gonna be interesting kingralph, have you already tried her?

DirtDoctor

Some one pm'd me the other day I believe it was regarding this thread I don't have the post count yet to check it so just to let you know I am not ignoring it. Thanks

Haha, yeah same here, I've got 2 PM's that I can't check..... maybe one day....

Ye, Both those pm's were from me. Infact, it's funny cause I was just thinkin' "Damn DirtDoc never got back to me". Then I was like "Wait a minute, was he under 50 posts". Then when I was just checking you posts I saw that just a few hours ago you posted this.

Anyway, here's what I sent you:

ChristianTaylor said:
Whats going on DD,

I really like that shelve system you got going on. Just wanted to know why you only use organic and no Co2?

Later,

-CT

G

just wanted to say i love those DIY's such creativity for our beloved plant peace

DirtDoctor

I really like that shelve system you got going on. Just wanted to know why you only use organic and no Co2?

Actually, I'm just finishing off my 2nd run in the Octagon with Advanced Nutrients (3-part + MotherEarthTea + Bud Blood/Big Bud/Overdrive) and CO2 :rasta:

The first run was a test of a few strains, the Granddaddy Purps, the Mr Nice, and Dynamite.

I just completed my first run of pure Mr Nice (G13xHP) w/AN & CO2 and I'll have an idea of the numbers I pulled in a week or two. :joint:

:D

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
I'd like to thank the vertical growers for showing their grows and sharing the experiences and knowledge with the community. I am looking into setting up a vertical grow but I have a few questions for those experienced out there.

Vertical growing looks like a SCROG to me, do you think that a trellis or some type of support structure would benefit a vertical grow? In Dr Dirts grow the main stems of the top pots are bent over. I know that stems are tough but looking at her try to support all the weight of the colas.. well..

I've messed around with various growing styles such as LST and SCROG, and I've always bumped up my magnesium when growing these styles, do you feel that there is a specialized feeding requirement for vertical grows?