What's new

Vertically Simple

yamaha I feel your pain... I too since I started wanted to message GB about his room and thank him for the insperation. But I got the same message due to my proxy, and I will also not dirrectly connect. I even tried to email the forum to see if they could do something about this and the mail was returned... I think GB joined here also but stuck with CC.

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im glad this thread popped up in the active discussion... i will be tagging it for future reference... great stuff...

Grizzer

Man what an awsome set up! I was just smoking a bowl, and surfing round ic and BANG!!! i found my new grow set up! THANKS MAN!! i been dreaming up ways to do different vertical grows, and since im new to indoor as well as the web id come up with a couple ideas similar to this. I cant wait to get busy on this, i just put some girls into flower and they are 1 foot tall or so, i might try and work something out where i can implement such a design. MAN so much to do now! and i thought it was going to be a boring week edn, HAH!
STAY HIGH!!!!
PEACE!!!!!

DIRT DOCTOR ...I just have to say again, GREAT JOB !! KUDOS!!!
HOOOO-ZAAAAAA!!!!!!

pineappaloupe

OK I have a few questions....

So for traditional horizontal reflector growing, the minimum watts/sq ft is 50. How does this figure into vertical grows? I have been doing some math, and it i used 600s (my choice for vertical because penetration over 12" is not really needed), keeping them 12" away from the plant... to get 50w/sft... each bulb covers about 2ft of vertical space.

am i really seeing 2k watts cover a 6ft vertical space, with the place 2.5ft away? that works out to be alot less than 50/sqft

I am looking to increase my efficiency. In my county I am allowed 10 flower, 10 veg, so i want to have 10 plants flowering , stacked 2 high around the lamps. the other 10 will be vegging.

full time daddy
Veteran
pineappaloupe said:
OK I have a few questions....

So for traditional horizontal reflector growing, the minimum watts/sq ft is 50. How does this figure into vertical grows? I have been doing some math, and it i used 600s (my choice for vertical because penetration over 12" is not really needed), keeping them 12" away from the plant... to get 50w/sft... each bulb covers about 2ft of vertical space.

am i really seeing 2k watts cover a 6ft vertical space, with the place 2.5ft away? that works out to be alot less than 50/sqft

I am looking to increase my efficiency. In my county I am allowed 10 flower, 10 veg, so i want to have 10 plants flowering , stacked 2 high around the lamps. the other 10 will be vegging.

i have never worked out the watt/sqft on the coil but its plenty for the plants i get unbelivable #'s

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
Bump, I'm probably going to build dual Health like setups.

2 - 6'x6' area with 2 - 1000w in each of them. The only thing is figuring out how to space the plants.

I want to do 50 plants in each 6'x6' area.

How would anyone space it?

C21H30O2

I have ridden the mighty sandworm.
Veteran
vert 1000watt organic coco drip feed CO2 in 4'x4' grow tent. I just put these plants in today they were under a 400w cmh. will flower in a week. also some construction pics.

so do u got to veg this style to flower in it? im sure most of us realize u can put more veg numbers under a horizontal grow, ive heard someone say if u veg horizontal and then switch to a vertical flower set up it isnt as good as vegging n flowering both in vertical , can anybody from experience confirm this?

thx.