What's new

Vertically Simple

DirtDoctor said:
I'll get around to throwing up a grow show here pretty soon.....
:jawdrop: HOLY SHIT I'd say you already did

Northern Farmer said:
The average seems to be 5-6 lbs off the 2kw. There are guys I talked to who have hit the 9lb range now. The word is the record is 11
NO WAY dude, that's 2.5 grams/watt

Last edited:
G

pumpkin2006 said:
That would be awesome to see. Whats the plant count their using? Isn't it normally around 180? Also, never heard of a rotogrow, I'll go look, Edit: NM, here it is: Rotogro Homepage

Rotogro 312= 312 plants. 2kws.

Laim, if you have something to contribute to the thread then please share. If not, then please refrain from making negative judgments about other peoples hard work without providing a useful basis.

Later

-CT

Last edited:

U.G.U

Here is the system I am running. I only used 2 of the towers ended up being 4.8 lbs off 2k. I have to redesign my room so I can do a full circle.

pumpkin2006

Did you build that yourself or buy it? Seems like the photos are from a company. How do you like the system so far? Only thing I would be afraid of is the tubes clogging w/ roots or one of the feed lines clogging... also, how's it drain back into your reservoir? I don't see any return lines... especially with all those luscious plants.

U.G.U

highrisehydroponics.com called the high yield tower $1799 for the 3 tower 3 level with all plumbing included

U.G.U

researchOnly
I use a 1/2 hp sump pump 1260 gal per hr. it can easily do 100 sites its a very powerful pump.
pumpkin2006
Yes I bulid them myself, the drain hole has a 3 inch tall screen simalar to a flood and drain fitting so there is no chance of clogs. I use a filter bag on the pump so the lines cant clog and there is no drip emitters the pump is powerful enough that I don't have to regulate the pressure. it is also fitted with nft connections. if you stuff 4" rock wool in the tubes at the plant sites with rock in between if one site for some reason fails it also acts as a wick system

G

man

man

U.G.U said:
researchOnly
I use a 1/2 hp sump pump 1260 gal per hr. it can easily do 100 sites its a very powerful pump.
pumpkin2006
Yes I bulid them myself, the drain hole has a 3 inch tall screen simalar to a flood and drain fitting so there is no chance of clogs. I use a filter bag on the pump so the lines cant clog and there is no drip emitters the pump is powerful enough that I don't have to regulate the pressure. it is also fitted with nft connections. if you stuff 4" rock wool in the tubes at the plant sites with rock in between if one site for some reason fails it also acts as a wick system

I was trying to visualize that damn thing for ages....dug through my hardrive to see if i had it saved from AN and couldn't find anything. Glad to see you popped up and are sharing that. Completed my vert set up visual reference thing.

hope all is good.

easiness.

macster

All I get is a blue screen when I try highrisehydo...

NF: pls move on, before you there'll be a shit load of trolling going on and the thread will be closed

U.G.U - great looking system. Do you think a DIY project could be done and like Pumpkin I can't see any drain lines or a res etc. Could you post a photo

macster

Dirt doc -yours looks great too but I'd like to modify it to hydro. Do you mind posting a bare bones shot of your shelving

DirtDoctor

UGU - Wassup buddy! good to see ya over here!

Macster - Sorry bud, but the shelves are kinda full at the mo'

I'll look and see if I can find an old shot with some details......

Okies, here ya go, this is the best I can do atm - you can pretty much figure out the construction from this shot - it's nothing but plywood, 2x4's and some metal wheels - and mildew-resistant bathroom paint.... it cost about $400 to make all 8 shelves, if I remember correctly...:

U.G.U

macster
here is a pic of the proto type you can see the drain lines in this pic they are the blue lines. with this run I was using a greentrees multi flow control bucket with the timer always off so it would always be pumping water back into a 55 gal drum if the float level was reached. this was a good idea at 1st but I found that after 30 or so complete cycles the return pump would fail and I would have a flood. So I scraped the brain bucket and put a 30 gal flat res so its gravity feed unless the world flips upside down I shouldn't have a flood.
DirtDoctor
whats up bro looks like we got a new home.

Off subject but are any of you guys going to san fran this weekend to the max yield expo