What's new

Vertical Trees (Critical Kush) 1000w

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
Keep it rock in man, you might be new here and not know it but you already have some heavy hitters in your thread. Ignore the bullshit internet arguments and just get on with your grow. Vert is is the shit for low plant counts, I have pulled 1 pound plans using the tried and true vert method. Do not fear bulb to plant distance that people quote, I have done within 2" of a 1000W bulb with very minimal bleaching.

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's where you're wrong.

As the late and great DHF always preached...veg under horizontal lights to get nodes stacking both vertically and sideways to stack canopy,then flower with vertical bare bulbs for ultimate stretch bith up and sideways.

picture.php

great start.I feel like things will go great for you but why bare bulb?I cannot imagine that a reflector would not be useful.I know there are some hard core bare bulb guys here that disagree.I would bet you are gonna have cooling issues in a tent with a 1000w bare bulb.

If the plants were bigger and the light was set in the middle it may make a little more sense.IM not bashing you by any means just sharing an opinion it looks like youve done your homework and decided this route.So good luck

Funny that my original post was correct.Faithful followers didnt even know how to grow vert!!

I just saw a post on icmag about senior members saying how icmag has come down to the trollers.If someone makes a solid point and says its just thier opinion why bash their way of thinking?

Things are looking great,veg time is always the most boring.Once things start flowering it will get very interesting.I am running a perpetual grow right now and it keeps things more interesting.Good luck and i look forward to updates!!

5th

Veteran
Things are looking great,veg time is always the most boring.Once things start flowering it will get very interesting.I am running a perpetual grow right now and it keeps things more interesting.Good luck and i look forward to updates!!

Shoulda just left it at this...<<< removed by admin >>>>>

Last edited by a moderator:

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Day 14:

Another watering down. I raised the light because they don't seem to be growing vertically. Wondering if I should move this thread to the indoor grow journals

Use the placement of your bulb to get the structure you need with out having to trim your plants. By this I mean raise the bulb to create stretch and raise the plant to fill it in.

By having the bulb up short plants will stretch to the light.

By raising the plant to be beside the bulb you will cause a stretchy plant to stay shorter and fill in more. This can be done with a pot placed upside down under you grow bag.

You will have to know what your plant will do in order for this to work. But keep in mind that plants can be moved up and down if need be.

See someone just had to do it!!!Why resort to name calling 5th? I said pages ago a Reflector at this stage of life had to be useful.I was right.Nothing in any of my posts warranted being called a moron.We are all here for the same reason you are the troller.

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
simmer down.... and plz play civil..., the offensive need not flap there wings.... just move along... if u can't get along......

5th

Veteran
See someone just had to do it!!!Why resort to name calling 5th? I said pages ago a Reflector at this stage of life had to be useful.I was right.Nothing in any of my posts warranted being called a moron.We are all here for the same reason you are the troller.

I'll bow out of this thread...but your doing it again.

Hello everyone. Thanks for stopping by and showing support. Everything looks okay so far except the weather.

Day 16.

They're getting huge. Very bushy plants with the exception of 1 that I think has the sativa phenotype. Another watering down. Enjoy the pics. I think I'm going to let them veg. for the full 60 days. We'll see.

Attachments

• 20140402_120510.jpg
    20140402_120510.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 20140402_122130.jpg
    20140402_122130.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 12

indocult

hey savage I'm pullin up a chair for this one! looking good so far, been a long time since I have followed something on IC

Happy growing and good luck!

u goin to let them do there thing mate or screen them infront/behind?

keep the updates coming

Hey sqydro, I will be letting them go with no screen. I feel like I need to see how this works out for me and if I should change it later on. This is still a learning experience for me. Thanks for stopping by.

60 days veg should have them girls HUGE.

I'd like them to get big, but not huge. I'll flip them when I feel it's time.

hey savage I'm pullin up a chair for this one! looking good so far, been a long time since I have followed something on IC

Happy growing and good luck!

Indocult, thanks for the support. Really keeps me coming back to post updates and learn as much as I can.

Day 21:
Just completed another watering. I plan to use grow big the next time they I water. Been really busy/distracted so I was really surprised how big they were. Enjoy the pics.

Attachments

• 20140407_123805.jpg
    20140407_123805.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 20140407_123810.jpg
    20140407_123810.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 14

Sqydro

taking off now mate, have u grown these out before? cos when they stretch there goin to fill that space up pretty quick

peace

sqydro

I have never grown these out before. I have grown out a couple of california special but didn't get to flower them so not a complete grow. They were really healthy til I had to get rid of them. Anyway, this is my veg. tent which is only a 4x4. Once they're ready I'll move them into the 6.5x6.5 flowering tent.

Day 23:

I was going to start feeding the plants, but I've been so busy I just did a quick watering and I took a couple of pictures.

Attachments

• 20140409_113604.jpg
    20140409_113604.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 20140409_113558.jpg
    20140409_113558.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 20140409_113552.jpg
    20140409_113552.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 6

Sqydro

I have never grown these out before. I have grown out a couple of california special but didn't get to flower them so not a complete grow. They were really healthy til I had to get rid of them. Anyway, this is my veg. tent which is only a 4x4. Once they're ready I'll move them into the 6.5x6.5 flowering tent.

ahh nice yeah theyl fill that flower room out nicely mate can wait to get to the flip side

Day 25:

First day of using fox farm Grow Big. I only used 1/4 tbsp per gallon of water. I plan to slowly up the dose and see where they're comfortable at. They're getting big to the point where I most likely won't veg. for the full 60 days. Thanks to everyone for stopping by.

Attachments

• 20140411_120231.jpg
    20140411_120231.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 20140411_120242.jpg
    20140411_120242.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 20140411_120252.jpg
    20140411_120252.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 20140411_120646.jpg
    20140411_120646.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 9
Great pics man...your babies look happy... my boys got me turned on to vertical lighting and I'm not looking back...you got a good temp in there ,what's it like outside the tent?:ying: