What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vertical Scrog

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I keep putting MORE needles into the doll but something isn;t working....LOL

Good job IC!

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
PM = frostiness...been their ...done that...no thanks... my room is PM free so far!

Grizz

Veteran
wow- lovin the vert. I am amazed at the cool grows going on.

Ichabod- I hope you dont mind but i didnt see the point of starting a new thread for something so simple,
I have a question if some of the pros could be so kind to help me with. i am on my 2nd vert grow (the 1st was bit of a clusterfuck) & am running 2x600w stacked.

I see its reccomended to leave your light above the top of the plants until stretch is over.
I have just flipped today to 12/12 and have only been running the top 600w only. when is the best time to turn on the bottom 600w? I need to encourage stretch as I still have lots of room above but its an indica dominant strain so the stretch is normally only about 8-12inches. (I have grown it out twice recently)

any help would be awesome, I have spent months pouring over these threads and I am truly inspired by so many of you. But for the life of me, I cant figure out where the answer for this question is.

cheers folks

Would I be best to leave the 2nd 600w till day 21 of 12/12?

personaly i would have had both 600's on the whole 12/12 period unless you put them in under 3ft high, the reason for that second bulb is to get more light to the lower part of the plant so you dont have larf, i put my kushes in flower no less than 3ft and try for 4 ft. keep the top of the top bulb about even with the top of your plants and the lower bulb should be placed where the top light isent penitrating , no more than 2 ft between lights. hope this helps

dorkus_molorkus

TY joesy- thats what I was looking for. I arrived at the same sort of conclusion about 12 hours after I changed to 12/12, and fired up the lower 600w.

I am running 6 plants 1mx1.2mx2.2m, with 2x600w in a custom cooltube with a gap of only 3'' between the bulbs.

pics taken 2days before 12/12

s4065w.jpg

rvkm00.jpg

hopefully they come out

dorkus_molorkus

here is a better pic

2e54c20.jpg

and here is a pic of the 1st vert clusterfuck,

2 plants in coco= 13oz dried

29p8b5y.jpg

sorry Ichabod, i will start my own thread soon. thanks in advance for any advice cheers

DrFever

Veteran
looking real good ichabod any guesses on final dry yield ???
i just finished couple weeks ago horizontal scrog 5 plant 4.75 pound dry

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking good IC but we need MORE pictures! OR....I get the DOLL out again lmao!

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
here is a better pic

View Image

and here is a pic of the 1st vert clusterfuck,

2 plants in coco= 13oz dried

View Image

sorry Ichabod, i will start my own thread soon. thanks in advance for any advice cheers

Not a big deal dorkus. That is a good yield for two plants.

looking real good ichabod any guesses on final dry yield ???
i just finished couple weeks ago horizontal scrog 5 plant 4.75 pound dry

I will hold off on my guesses. Don't think I will come close to your 4.75 though. I put two off the plants in a little small to start with, so we will see. And I still have 4.5 weeks to go yet.

In other news I just found out that the two Chemdog plants are actually sour bubble.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran

You slipped in while I was posting sorry. I will try to get some pictures from last week after I finished trimming fans up tomorrow.

And keep the needles to yourself. I found a plant that had been snapped yesterday in the veg. It was dead dead dead. To add insult to that it also had a few mites. So tomorrow is going to be a big fogging day. So far I have not had a real big out break of mites. Just see a few every couple weeks.

I have been rebuilding my flower rooms to separate my plants so I can isolated them if need be. The last time I found mites was in the flower room that had 18 plants. Now all those plants are in rooms of six.

I managed to eliminate the mites in there by turning my exhaust fan off and putting no 3 pest strips on fans for 14 hours. Triple the amount for that size room as required. Unfortunately that is the day my breaker tripped on my ac and the temp in there went to 110 degrees. I could have just cooked the little bastards as well as gassed them. Anyway they are not on those plants anymore.

The room on this thread is mite free so far.

SecondAttempt

I meant to tell you (when I signed in earlier) how inspiring you have been to me Ichabod. I've been researching the Jack's since page 3 of this thread, because if it's good enough for you...

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I meant to tell you (when I signed in earlier) how inspiring you have been to me Ichabod. I've been researching the Jack's since page 3 of this thread, because if it's good enough for you...

The PPK thread by Delta9 has some good stuff on the Jack's. It is by far the cheapest nutes out there. I think with what I have listed earlier in the thread I can take a plant threw ten weeks of flower for less than a $1 for nutes.

I am glad you like my thread but don't limit yourself because I am far from the best here on IC. I learned how to grow here on IC from all the really good growers, and I have just put it together my own way.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran

Ok here are some pictures from last Wednesday.

Deathstar day 35 flower (fan leaves removed)

picture.php

Sourbubble 2 day 35 (fans gone, was Chemdog 2)

picture.php

Soububble 3 days 35 (was Chemdog 3)

picture.php

OG Kush 4 day 35

picture.php

Deathstar 5 day 35

picture.php

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Where did you get that Deathstar is that clone only or seed? I totally want to try that outdoor next year! Awesome grow IC your killing it!

Latest posts

Latest posts