What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vertical Scrog

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

I just got out my voodoo doll of you Ichabob,
picture.php

if you thought root aphids and AC quiting on you was bad...just wait...mwahahahahaha

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
So today is day 20 of flower and I still don't have one of the blumats dialed in. I mixed nutes yesterday because it dripped all night and the res was lower. I don't know if I dailed it the wrong way or not but today the res was even lower than it was yesterday. The blumat was at a steady stream instead of a drip. There was also evidence of flooding last night. GRR. Well have to mix more nutes to top off the res.:rant::cuss:

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
My voodoo is to powerful mwuahahahah!

Well you must have gotten a doll that looks like Jaba the Hut, short fat and bald because your voodoo is working.

Over the last couple days I have been noticing some yellowing of leaves. I have been looking and looking for some kind of pest but have not found one as of yet. Today while looking I notices that some of the plants were to dry. Low and behold the plants that were dry were also the ones with yellow leaves.

I checked the Blumat cones and found two that were full of air. Well folks looks like the Blumats are out this run as I will be hand watering these girls from now on. Also this messed up my time log as I lost track of it while messing around looking at the plants today.

I started taking fans today, mostly the yellow ones. Will be two days before I take anymore as the plant are a little stressed. Tomorrow I will get some pictures up from the 21st day of flower and some I took today.

Curse you mega. Curse you, you devil.:sasmokin::dueling:

D

DHF

The biggest problem with blumat`s is folks fuckin with em too much.......

If there`s air in the lines Icky , it`s only because there`s not enough constant down pressure on the small ass feedlines with a bleed valve on the lowest end of the feed manifold to purge bubbles for added insurance .....

Blumat`s take some time to feel good and make your bitches happy........but....

if and once dialed........K.I.S.S. couldn`t be easier.....simple....babyshit......

Peace....DHF.....:ying:.....

bobblehead

Veteran

If there`s air in the lines Icky , it`s only because there`s not enough constant down pressure on the small ass feedlines with a bleed valve on the lowest end of the feed manifold to purge bubbles for added insurance .....

if and once dialed........K.I.S.S. couldn`t be easier.....simple....babyshit......

Not enough down pressure... Which isn't the case with ichy cause he has a 5 gal bucket up near the ceiling, and 3/4" PVC all the way around the manifold... Or an extreme increase in air temperature exciting the microscopic air bubbles causing them to bounce into each other forming larger air bubbles....

Didn't you say something about trying to cook your plants last week Ichy?

Idk man... I wouldn't pull them to switch to hand watering... I'd rather just resoak and reset, checking on the bags daily by trying to lift them up.

D

DHF

Not enough down pressure... Which isn't the case with ichy cause he has a 5 gal bucket up near the ceiling, and 3/4" PVC all the way around the manifold... Or an extreme increase in air temperature exciting the microscopic air bubbles causing them to bounce into each other forming larger air bubbles....

Idk man... I wouldn't pull them to switch to hand watering... I'd rather just resoak and reset, checking on the bags daily by trying to lift them up.
Always the voice of reasoning Bobbles.....

Gotta be the dialin of the carrots /cones ..... if ......all`s well in pressure to the cones.....

Good luck Icky......Nuthin good ever came free.....

Peace....DHF....:ying:......

Ichabod Crane

Veteran

The problem is not to much air in the lines as the lines are running fine. I have the cones drying out. I think it is in the media as I top dress with NAPA floor dry. I think it is not getting tight enough to the cones to have good contact all the way around.

The room that got hot was not this room. I am not pulling all of them just two plants worth. One I have not yet had it flow consistent for 3 weeks and have replaced the cone already. The other was running fine for the last two weeks and just dried out recently. The only reason I caught it was the yellowing leaves. Truth be told I have been ignoring this room.

I will be top watering the other four that I am not pulling since I have to water the other two anyway. Maybe I will replace them but I don't have faith in them now. I only have 5.5 weeks left in this room then I will retry with out the NAPA and see if that works.

Thanks Guys.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Lets see if I can get this up the third time.

So I have been busy lately.

Here is what I have done in the last week and a half:

Redid the soffit and fascia on 1/2 of my house.
Reset my front door and painted 2 windows.
Built and wire 2 new flower rooms.(Will try to get pictures up this week)
Built a flip box.
Trimmed the fan leaves off of 14 plants.
Trimmed and dried 5 plants.(twenty something oz)
And every thing that goes with hand watering a 72 plant grow.

So enough chit chat and now some pictures.

Deathstar 1 at 21 days flower.

picture.php

Deathstar 5 at 21 days also.

picture.php

Chemdog 2 at 21 days.

picture.php

Chemdog3 at 21 days.

picture.php

OG Kush 4 day 21.

picture.php

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
OG Kush 6 day 21 flower.

picture.php

So stretch is over and I think timing was just about right for the Chemgogs.

Here is Chemdog 2.

picture.php

Here is Chemdog 3.

picture.php

Well maybe Chemdog 3 could have stretched a half inch less. Win some lose some I guess.

So one of the plants I was trimming I forgot to clone. I am kind of bummed as I am trying to clone a couple buds from it. That in of it self sucks because well here are some bud shots of it.

picture.php

picture.php

So hopefully I will be able to clone it.

I have also finished taking the fans on the 6 plants and will try to snap some pictures tonight when I water.

dorkus_molorkus

wow- lovin the vert. I am amazed at the cool grows going on.

Ichabod- I hope you dont mind but i didnt see the point of starting a new thread for something so simple,
I have a question if some of the pros could be so kind to help me with. i am on my 2nd vert grow (the 1st was bit of a clusterfuck) & am running 2x600w stacked.

I see its reccomended to leave your light above the top of the plants until stretch is over.
I have just flipped today to 12/12 and have only been running the top 600w only. when is the best time to turn on the bottom 600w? I need to encourage stretch as I still have lots of room above but its an indica dominant strain so the stretch is normally only about 8-12inches. (I have grown it out twice recently)

any help would be awesome, I have spent months pouring over these threads and I am truly inspired by so many of you. But for the life of me, I cant figure out where the answer for this question is.

cheers folks

Would I be best to leave the 2nd 600w till day 21 of 12/12?

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
wow- lovin the vert. I am amazed at the cool grows going on.

Ichabod- I hope you dont mind but i didnt see the point of starting a new thread for something so simple,
I have a question if some of the pros could be so kind to help me with. i am on my 2nd vert grow (the 1st was bit of a clusterfuck) & am running 2x600w stacked.

I see its reccomended to leave your light above the top of the plants until stretch is over.
I have just flipped today to 12/12 and have only been running the top 600w only. when is the best time to turn on the bottom 600w? I need to encourage stretch as I still have lots of room above but its an indica dominant strain so the stretch is normally only about 8-12inches. (I have grown it out twice recently)

Would I be best to leave the 2nd 600w till day 21 of 12/12?

I started it so others can see what I do and maybe incorporate some into their grow. I learned all my knowledge here on this site and it my way to give back some. I am far from a expert grower so this also allows me to learn from others suggestions to my grow.

As far as light placement that depends. If you want your plant to stretch then it should be above the plant. In this grow I did not want to much stretch so I did not move mine up.

Adding a second light also depends on how close your plants are to the light. You want the light to get to the entire plant at a close enough distance to be effective. The closer your plant is to the light the more shading you will get. The second bulb allows better penetration to help negate this shading effect.

With a 1000 watt bulb I shoot for no more than 24 inches from the bulb at the farthest. A 600 watt will need to be closer. I don't run just 600's by them selves so some one else will have to answer that.

Look up Arminius's threads he runs just 600's and will be better able to answer you.