What's new

Vertical Scrog

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
SSSDH is dah bomb too bad SO many peeps here grew it that it is not really marketable anymore......street rod bwahahahah!

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
super silver sour diesel haze. See why I didn't bother to mention it before? lol... you ocd sob.

Yeh I may be OCD to some extent, but that is why I caught my spider mites when I could only find them on two leaves from 18 plants in flower. And some times I will go back to old posts and capitalize some words I missed when posted, or add a coma here and there.

Truth be told I texted you a bunch of questions over the last 6-9 months. So like I said I have learned a lot from you, Josey, Marlo, shhh, and others.(yes even Mega)

What people probably don't know is that my first harvest was the day after last thanks giving. So I am still new at this whole growing thingy.

So I guess I should say thanks to all of you out there who post good or bad results so I can improve my grows.:groupwave::groupwave:

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Your WAY ahead of where I was at your stage...all kidding aside, your doing great IC!

DrFever

Veteran
Hey for being pretty new i think your doing one hell of a job just remember cleanliness, in your room also if you have not ever had mites then your not a real Grower lol
Can i suggest one thing there bud being your vertical i am thinking ???
If you had a few of these low power amazing T5'H0's http://sunblasterlighting.com/t5-fixtures.php added into veg and even in flower you internoding would be much tighter and all bud sites would be monstrous IMO doubling your yield anyways check them out
Cheers Doc

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Hey for being pretty new i think your doing one hell of a job just remember cleanliness, in your room also if you have not ever had mites then your not a real Grower lol
Can i suggest one thing there bud being your vertical i am thinking ???
If you had a few of these low power amazing T5'H0's
http://sunblasterlighting.com/ added into veg and even in flower you internoding would be much tighter and all bud sites would be monstrous IMO doubling your yield anyways check them out
Cheers Doc

I have had mites 3 times this year. Seems they come in with clones. Or they just show up. I have been fortunate so far and have only lost maybe a dozen leaves to them.

As for my bud spacing I need to have them spread till I can get some more control on my heat issues. Last march with snow on the ground I had to open my windows and door to cool things off some. I hate it when it is 85 degrees in my house. Once I get it a little cooler in my grow I will add some light to my veg to get tighter nodes. Just right now I need to limit mold in my buds.

Right now I only run 1200 watts in my veg with about 30 plants.

And Thanks again Mega.

DrFever

Veteran
I have had mites 3 times this year. Seems they come in with clones. Or they just show up. I have been fortunate so far and have only lost maybe a dozen leaves to them.

As for my bud spacing I need to have them spread till I can get some more control on my heat issues. Last march with snow on the ground I had to open my windows and door to cool things off some. I hate it when it is 85 degrees in my house. Once I get it a little cooler in my grow I will add some light to my veg to get tighter nodes. Just right now I need to limit mold in my buds.

Right now I only run 1200 watts in my veg with about 30 plants.

And Thanks again Mega.

Something i learned long ago after each grow sterilize room wash everything with bleach and or pine sol floors and even your pots
lights everything .
When getting clones, they need to be isolated / quarantined for min 2 weeks.Treated with neem oil or safers brand liquid bug killer
what i do is make lots of it in a pail and tip plants upside down in it moving it up and down for a min or 2 up to soil i will do this in 3 - 4 day intervals for 2 weeks prior to releasing plants into any grow room you let a few of them fckers in and your in a world of hurt

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Something i learned long ago after each grow sterilize room wash everything with bleach and or pine sol floors and even your pots
lights everything .
When getting clones, they need to be isolated / quarantined for min 2 weeks.Treated with neem oil or safers brand liquid bug killer
what i do is make lots of it in a pail and tip plants upside down in it moving it up and down for a min or 2 up to soil i will do this in 3 - 4 day intervals for 2 weeks prior to releasing plants into any grow room you let a few of them fckers in and your in a world of hurt

I isolate them, but when I went on vacation I got them last time. Not sure if they came in with the guy watering or not. I don't think they did as he does not have them. But I have been rebuilding my rooms to isolate my plants from each other in groups of 6.

I spray the crap out of my rooms and I can get obsessive with keeping things clean. That is one of the reasons they have not completely taken over my grow.

I have used the safer to rid myself of mites one time before and it did the trick.

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
What people probably don't know is that my first harvest was the day after last thanks giving. So I am still new at this whole growing thingy.
Right there with you bro! Started my first grow last May (2011). I am a sponge for knowledge, and would be nowhere without the IC-Mag Community!...

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Right there with you bro! Started my first grow last May (2011). I am a sponge for knowledge, and would be nowhere without the IC-Mag Community!...

Yes and I did almost the exact set up you had, the under current hydro. It was way to hot to run it here. After three days my water was over 90 degrees. I had to switch to coco way fast or lose my grows. I switched and didn't look back. I had to do it to pay the bills or I would be where you are now.

Last may I nearly died and the doctor said to take a year off of work to recoup. Had to do something to pay the bills so I went to growing as it allowed me to work when I could and take time off when I had to. Now it is way past paying my bills and allowing some breathing room to do what I have not been able to do.

I have been repairing the house and building up the grow as well as setting money aside for future need. I see so many people who can be helped by growing whether it be medically or financially. I don't get the best numbers but I seem to be steady and I think that helps some people here see that it is not just great numbers but a steady consistent grow that will pull them through their difficulties. I am pulling for you in your home life and believe you will be happy in just a few short grows from now.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
A few weeks ago my fan sucked the zipper right off of my door. I had to staple the peel and stick zipper back in place. I guess that my fan has pretty good power.

So I came up with a new door. It came about because Bobblehead had told me that he uses velcro to close his door.

So here is what I came up with.

picture.php

As you can see it has reflectix for the door. The reflectix is four feet wide and the opening is 3 feet wide. This gives me a 6 inch overlap on each side.

The velcro is from Menard and is peel and stick. Here is a picture of the box.

picture.php

To make the door I ran the velcro down the sides and across the bottom of the door and staples the crap out of it.

picture.php

I got crazy with the staple and missed some. Must have been the mountain dew I was drinking.

Once I had on half of the strips in place I attached the other half to the stapled side.

picture.php

Next I cut the reflectix to fit the door. I made it longer then the opening. I stapled a 2X2 to one end of the reflectix and rolled it back and stapled it again.

picture.php

This is a crappy picture of the first set of staples. But basically it is just a 2X2 wrapped with reflectix.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
After I had the 2X2 wrapped I took the sheet over to the opening and put the feet of one side of my ladder on the wrapped 2X2 like this.

picture.php

This allowed me to get the reflectix tight when I pulled it up to staple it to the top of the door. When I pulled it tight I stapled it along the top of the door and down the side a inch or two past the top of the velcro.

picture.php

Once that was don I installed two eye hooks at the top and rolled the door up and held it in place with a bungee cord.

picture.php

picture.php

After securing it in place I peel the plastic off of the velcro and rolled the door down. I made sure I kept it tight as I did this so that the velcro would attach with no gaps. After I had it down I gave it a good pressing to make sure the velcro had fully attached to the reflectix.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
After the velcro was attached I rolled it back up and secured it with the bungee cord. It looks like this now.

picture.php

When I rolled it up I checked to make sure the velcro attached to my door frame stayed in place. I had a spot or two I went crazy with the stapler again. Then I had my wife press it in place with me in the room. She then took a light around the out side to check for light leaks and found none. I am very pleased with the door. Icost more then the plastic door did but it is easier to use when I need to get things in and out.

Thanks Bobblehead for the idea?:thank you:

MrAwder

Thanks for the nice walk through on that. I have been looking for a better solution to the door I have. Plus I already have the extra reflectix.

I could see some of how your rooms were laid out and your environmental control setup. I'm guessing that it is a common lung area which feeds controlled air to all the rooms? Do you have active intakes for each room? I thought I glimpsed one above one of the doorways. I would really appreciate if you could share some of those details of your setup. You do everything so cleanly that I would imagine there is an equal amount of detail and planning into environmental control. If I missed it along the way I apologize. I went back and checked towards the beginning of the thread, but I am pretty sure it mostly regards this one room.

Thanks again for sharing and inspiring me to improve.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
This is not the room pictured in the thread. There are four rooms here and I am still working on them but I will get some pictures up of them soon.

As far as a active intake I don't have one it is just a passive intake. It is a 8 inch duct. For the exhaust I have a 750 cubic foot fan. the rooms volume is 280 cubic feet. It is 5X7X8 so the air exchange is about 2.7 times per minute.

I have it set up so that the intake drops in the back and the exhaust is at the top on the other side.

I will get some pictures off this later.

bobblehead

Veteran
Don't give me credit for anything. I don't want my name associated with your moldy airy mite infested bullshit you call weed. You came up with it all on your own, I am here to learn from you.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Don't give me credit for anything. I don't want my name associated with your moldy airy mite infested bullshit you call weed. You came up with it all on your own, I am here to learn from you.

Hey that is offensive, it is the best ditch weed out there. Found it in Indiana along a rail right of way. It is really something to smoke. It just takes your breath away with one hit. That is if you can keep it lite that is.

And don't worry about running out of my smoke. It burns sometimes.

Latest posts

Latest posts