What's new

vertical growing?

betterboy

When you say on other wall im assuming you mean across the room, my experiance with stray lighting will grow plants but small scraggley airy buds, I understand you wanting to use all your grow area space, just dont want ya to spend hard earned cash and disappointed of your builds results. Also with my watering sch. of 1min on and 5 min off this is done with a very fine mist that contains lots of O2, thats how to keep the plants from becomming overwatered. My first vert. octagon was a 6' diameter, the one im using now is a 4' dia. and the 4' diam. produced a nice dense bud.
The one Thing i miss OG for is all the guys that experiment and build projects, The projects that worked we copyed and improved , The ones that didnt work we learned from. either way we all bennifit from these project the members share with us

G

aaaahhhh, valuable information my freind, sharing is learning in my opinion,
back on OG i posted many a hair brained idea that worked well for me & 9 times outa 10 someone would suggest another method or additional info to push our findings further, which is the best way i think,
i am taking on board your advice and overlooked the fact that stray light would not be the best way to achive desirable results from this project, indeed it would be a shame to construct this, have all you good people point me in the right direction only to produce an ocean of popcorn buds when a direct source of light would sort it right out & make me a very happy chap

:woohoo: another step forward, thanks :wave:

G

eeemmm, not a great deal mate, the unit itself measures 2ft X 1.5ft X 1ft (approx) & i plan to keep these rather small but dense (topping & manicuring as i go), by the time its plumbed in,secured to the wall and housed above a res tank, im hoping it wont need that much, but i plan to have 3 of these in a U formation so truthfully at this point.......no idea :bigeye:
however, the beauty of this kinda set up is that you decide how big its gonna get

Info about vertical grows?

Info about vertical grows?

I'm regretting how much I took Overgrow & Cannabisworld for granted. It seems really difficult now to find information about vertical grows. Can anybody post some links to vert grows and info? I've seen the links to the czech sites but they haven't been to helpful. I'm particularly looking for info about how far to position the bulb from the buds. I'd like to test out some vert growing with a 250w bulb, maybe a 150...

FOF

120051028323-Foot-CandleChartHPS559W.jpg

alphacat

jiboia

vertical grow?

vertical grow?

Hi,

Has anyone had experiences with vertical growing? I suppose it would give more yield since i could have many more plants around the hanging HPS instead of one flat canopy when growing horizontal scrog.

Opinions please!!

Thanks!!!

sophisto

check out www.octagonhydroponics.com . I have a bud who builds systems similar to another unit called the Cage.... Frankly I like the design of the Humboldt boys at octagon hydroponics much better....Plus their design of the veritube is cutting edge....Check em out....

You know funny thing about their design is you have to rig fill and drain valves at each level.... I thought of just filling the tubes full of cocoa and hydroton and hand watering the plants....you would have to have drain valves at one end but only one catch basin.....It is an option

Last edited:

chosen

Veteran
ON a small scale, I thought about trying to do a vertical 125 or 200 watt cfl with a vertical cooltube. Then I will use a small 8 plant aerosetup,letting the plants grow right around the light with hopefully 12=16"colas.

jiboia

Anyone have experience with the CAGE? I would like to know if yield is improved in vertical grows...

fredfarts, i checked your gallery, but didnt see any veritcal grow pictures...do you mind sharing some pictures since you mention that vertical and horizontal yield the same? Thanks!

betterboy

I've built several units using areo and holding 96 plants, requires alot of attension, nice thing bout vertical growing is using 360 degrees of your lighting.

badmf

Let me chime in here; saving space is good, increasing yeild is good and maxing out your light is good.
But at what price?
Doing a comparision between a flat system, a "cage" DIY (drip works best here!) ; and the various $$$$ models that turn or not. You'll find for less $$$$ you can increase your grow. Simply LST,add Co2, dial in humidity and temps, keep acurate ph/ppms, change nutes reg, flush with Clearex every three weeks.
The yeilds with verts are not increased enough to justify the extra work and expense. Neat to look at, yes, revolutionary? only if space is the major requirement. Certainly these systems work but are not as great as "sliced bread" lol

foaf

Veteran
Im a reverse inverted vertical grower and very happy with it. Ill be firing up again this fall. I'd say a 7 foot tall plant is vertical.

bud_me

Wow. foaf how many watts total you got in there? and is that a DWC? that stem system down below looks insane. I'll be running 2 250W dish styles like Underground, great idea for the amount of room you're given.

foaf

Veteran
2400 or so, crazy I know, but I pulled almost 4 lbs out of that closet from one tree. And yes its a 12 gallon recirculating dwc bucket. If you have the heigth, why not use it? I suspect that multiple vertical lights are easier to manage then multiple vertical plant sites http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=20620

sophisto said:
check out www.octagonhydroponics.com . I have a bud who builds systems similar to another unit called the Cage.... Frankly I like the design of the Humboldt boys at octagon hydroponics much better....Plus their design of the veritube is cutting edge....Check em out....

You know funny thing about their design is you have to rig fill and drain valves at each level.... I thought of just filling the tubes full of cocoa and hydroton and hand watering the plants....you would have to have drain valves at one end but only one catch basin.....It is an option

yezzur, I was looking at the 360 3level.:::

HYDROGON-HUT
Introducing the
"Hydrogon-
Hut" by Octagon
Hydroponics.
This innovative vertical
garden is designed
specifically for use with
the 4x4 Grow Hut. The
newly designed
Vertitube 3L600
accommodates three
(3) 600W OR 400W bulbs
and fits snugly into vent
flange in top of Hut.
System shown has 48
plant sites and is
compatible with all
nutrient delivery
systems, including Ebb
and Flow, NFT, or drip

-- this is a sweet setup for a 4x4 hut controlled environment .. your lookin at 3lbs. for 1800+ watts which is my max electical limit.... not bad if your licensed for 48 plants and are experienced with nft. in a bucket system I would imagine the plant count would be half for the same yield.but the amount of space is much bigger..
what kind of pump powers such a system ??? I would think you would feed each level through tubing on one side, which in turn falls down to a res on the other side.??? expensive, but the potential is great... anyone wanna create a DIY for this pvc system??? lololol