What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

vertical growing.........maxing out your light!

Macster2

420 why did you retire the old unit and could you give a summary of yield and wattage you used in the old beast

S

StealthyStalks

I'm verti growing with a scrog.

This cab design and growing it has been challenging, but its been rewarding!

Anywho. heres the first day with the screen in.

I dont think I'll break the gram per watt barrier, tho' but once I have things dialed in I think I can get there.

I have only been a member for a month or so, but I keep reading people using the gram-per-watt as a measure of productivity. Gram-per-watt is an erroneous measurement. What you need to do is use gram-per-kilowatt hour.

If two growers both use a 600w HPS and both get 600 grams from their harvest, it would sound like they are both equal in productivity, right? But if the first grower did it in 60 days and the second in 83 days, it's obvious who the most productive grower is.

Starting from rooted clones:

Grower one would have a productivity level of 1.388 grams-per-kilowatt hour: 600 grams divided by .6x12x60.

Grower two would have a productivity level of 1 gram-per kilowatt hour: 600 grams divided by .6x12x83.

Use the gram-per-kilowatt measure when comparing your growing technique to other's; you may be doing better than you think!

Macster2

I have only been a member for a month or so, but I keep reading people using the gram-per-watt as a measure of productivity. Gram-per-watt is an erroneous measurement. What you need to do is use gram-per-kilowatt hour.

If two growers both use a 600w HPS and both get 600 grams from their harvest, it would sound like they are both equal in productivity, right? But if the first grower did it in 60 days and the second in 83 days, it's obvious who the most productive grower is.

Grower one would have a productivity level of 1.388 grams-per-kilowatt hour: 600 grams divided by .6x12x60.

Grower two would have a productivity level of 1 gram-per kilowatt hour: 600 grams divided by .6x12x83.

Use the gram-per-kilowatt measure when comparing your growing technique to other's; you may be doing better than you think!

you're right and this has been debated extensively in this forum. if a grower vegges for 3months then flips for 60days he's going to out produce hands down the guy that flips right away like I do, however I bet I out produce him over an extended period of time as I squeeze out 2 or 3 crops in the same period.

full time daddy
Veteran
420 why did you retire the old unit and could you give a summary of yield and wattage you used in the old beast
becuz of my new set up.... :)
i all ways ran 2k and 3 60 site's used every other site for 90 plant's
yeild's was 4-6 after dialed, at first was only getting like 2-3 it take's the right strain and u have to nail it to get over 15-20 gram plants
the highest i hit in her was 5.6 and it was with grape ape 15-20 day veg just over oz a plant
some strain's like geisha, c99, jack herrer hit 4.5-5 just under oz a plant

cant wait to see the 4 per light system...
if i get 4 i would shit............... but 3+ has all ready been done.....

brother, there is a 10 per light system going on! on the farm, under doubleleds mpb buckets
:respect:

you're right and this has been debated extensively in this forum. if a grower vegges for 3months then flips for 60days he's going to out produce hands down the guy that flips right away like I do, however I bet I out produce him over an extended period of time as I squeeze out 2 or 3 crops in the same period.

i agree with both of you.......:headbange i plan on very little veg other then mom's......:bigeye:
just a lil peak, room is 6W x 24L x 8H as you can see there lot's of work left to do!!!!!! i have not even pulled the coli out yet!!

Last edited:
T

Teeg420

ahh 00420 I just sold my coli the large modules used to run it with 3k in 8" cool tubes

Definitely an efficient system of growing, it just made a huge pain in the ass for me to prune in such a small area. I like the idea of doubleds system.

Plus being a med patient didnt want to deal with the stress of having lots of plants and cloning and transplanting too much stress.

Went with the less plants but more lights, 4 plants per 1kw in 5 to 7 gal containers, still not gonna give up on vert i kept the cool tubes and plan on doing a tent with 2k, something similar to sunny dogs style.

I get bored too easy so i always gotta keep experimenting.

RicoT

becuz of my new set up.... :)
i all ways ran 2k and 3 60 site's used every other site for 90 plant's
yeild's was 4-6 after dialed, at first was only getting like 2-3 it take's the right strain and u have to nail it to get over 15-20 gram plants
the highest i hit in her was 5.6 and it was with grape ape 15-20 day veg just over oz a plant
some strain's like geisha, c99, jack herrer hit 4.5-5 just under oz a plant

if i get 4 i would shit............... but 3+ has all ready been done.....

:respect:

i agree with both of you.......:headbange i plan on very little veg other then mom's......:bigeye:
just a lil peak, room is 6W x 24L x 8H as you can see there lot's of work left to do!!!!!! i have not even pulled the coli out yet!!

Holy shit.. Can't wait to see the outcome of this :smokeit:

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
correct me if im wrong but i think the best they did was 42ish pounds with 10 1000s and couple 600s and couple 400s with ac and co2

That would account for a 300% increase over anything else I have heard.

10 per 1k works out to a hell-u-va GPW.

T

Teeg420

Yo 00420 are you gonna start a new thread to show us what you got goin on?

Vindie$el

Another GPW type stat I like to use is the pounds per year with every light accounted for. I get 2lbs per light twice a month so I get about 48 lbs per year. I have 5226 watts of lights in both rooms 4000 in bloom and 1226 total in veg. If used 5000 in bloom and used a 250MH for mothers and clones I would use the same wattage but I would only be able to pull off 5 crops per year and increase my numbers 4 or 5 fold. That works out to about the same wattage. I would get 50 lbs per year. If I grew big trees like I do then I would harvest 4 crops per year and only get 32 lbs which is a lot less. That is how I like to think of it. I don't want high plant numbers so I stick with a veg room and trees for pounds per year goals. Hope this post helps.

C

Cheeb

I fella that used to go by the name JonJaffer had been killing it in hydro stadiums a very long time ago.

I dont seem I have any shots of his bloom room, but a high flow hydro stadium looked like this.

He hung his lights horizontal still with batwings bent upward like a V shape. I bet he'd of hit even better numbers with vertical bulbs like Northern does.

His entire stadium hung from the ceiling with chains.. truly breaking out of the box.

Latest posts

Latest posts