What's new

vertical cfl cab, 1,2sqf, C99BX1 & Co

Mister_D

Veteran
Hello my friend i'm back from holiday. Thought i'd stop by and see how things are progressing. Looking top notch, just as I expected they would ;).

sgapetti

Veteran
nice nice nice!!!!! Cant wait to see the vertical scrog action with CFLS! keep it up man!
:thank you:ustDoIt, stay tuned , starting to stretch now.
Plants look very healthy & happy sgapetti :pimp3:
Welcome SpecialEd , :thank you: for stopping by

Hello my friend i'm back from holiday. Thought i'd stop by and see how things are progressing. Looking top notch, just as I expected they would ;).

Welcome back, i love the new bloom formula, almost as you suggested but made some adjustment to my substrate, looks like is working, only the sam the skunkman freebies as show some N deficiency last week, and they are drinking really heavy now:wave:

wow man, can't wait to see it going vertical!

I definitely have to redesign my micro box :)
Welcome focaskate , is working wery well , should go vertical this week , almost done with sexing the little one:wave:

sgapetti

Veteran
day 18 of 12/12 , day 28 from seed

day 18 of 12/12 , day 28 from seed

Temp ambient 73,4
temps cab max 84.2 min 70
lights 12/12 ( 131 watt )
RH 48%
feeding 3ml biogrow, 6 ml fishmix , 9 ml alg a mix , 2,2ml bioheaven and 12ml biobloom x U.S, gallon @ every watering

picture.php

Finally transplanted in the final container ( 4 gallons ) switched lights to : 2x30 watt @ 2700k , 1x45 watt @4000k and 1x26 watt @6700k ( UVB/UVA lamp ) . Those are left : 1 x Sam the Skunkman freebie , 2 x C99bx1 , 1 x Kalichakra/Mandala1 and 3 x Mandy99. I will start some lst asa plants have adapted a few days.
Keep it green and stay safe:wave:

sgapetti

Veteran
day 22 of 12/12 , day 32 from seed

day 22 of 12/12 , day 32 from seed

Temp ambient 73,4
lights 12/12 ( 131 watt )
RH 31%
feeding 3ml biogrow, 6 ml fishmix , 9 ml alg a mix , 2,2ml bioheaven and 12ml biobloom x U.S, gallon @ every watering

picture.php

Right side, left to right : Mandy99 ( short pheno ), Kalichakra/Mandala#1 and C99BX1

picture.php

Left side, from left to right: C99BX1, Mandy99 ( tall pheno ) and the new Sam the Skunkman ( just transplanted )

picture.php

C99BX1 front left

picture.php

C99BX1 front right

picture.php

Sam the Skunkman freebie front middle

Made a change and this is in the cab:
2 x C99BX1
2 x Sam the Skunkman freebie
2 x Mandy99
1 x Kalichakra/Mandala#1

Gave just water 2 times after transplant, got a light N deficiency, working on that.Keep it green ppl:wave:

sgapetti

Veteran
C99BX1 male

C99BX1 male

picture.php

I finally got a C99BX1 male. looks looks sativa dominant, i will probably make some C99bx1 ( IX1) and some crosses with the rest.
Keep it green:wave:

Mister_D

Veteran
Looking good my friend. Keep up with the feeding, that recipe is designed to be fed at every watering. Only time you need plain waterings is if a plant is showing signs of nute burn (pretty rare). Whats that male smelling like?

sgapetti

Veteran
Looking good my friend. Keep up with the feeding, that recipe is designed to be fed at every watering. Only time you need plain waterings is if a plant is showing signs of nute burn (pretty rare). Whats that male smelling like?

Hello D , i am feeding @ every watering as usual, i have give extra water to the bottom of the container after transplant for helping the roots stretching that way , the male as a herbal/dank/peppery smell, i will come back with more observations . I remember you telling me how SAm the skunkman was making dry sift from the males, i guess i can extract the resin with acetone as well? I will keep this male and try to reveg him when ready.Take care buddy

Temp ambient 73,4
lights 12/12 ( 135 watt )
RH 31%

picture.php

Right side, left to right : Mandy99 ( short pheno ), Kalichakra/Mandala#1 and C99BX1

picture.php

Left side, from left to right: C99BX1, Mandy99 ( tall pheno ) and Sam the Skunkman freebie

picture.php

C99BX1 front left

picture.php

C99BX1 front right

picture.php

Sam the Skunkman freebie front middle
The C99BX1 male has given some pollen:dance013:and all lower branches are pollinated exept for the short Mandy99 indica pheno.
I took the uvb lamp out, she will come back the last 3/4 weeks, atm 3x30watt @ 2700k and 45watt @ 4000k and a total of 8100 lumens
those net are great for tucking the sun leaf behind and out of the ways for the ligths.
Keep it green and stay safe:wave:

Mister_D

Veteran
Hello D , i am feeding @ every watering as usual, i have give extra water to the bottom of the container after transplant for helping the roots stretching that way , the male as a herbal/dank/peppery smell, i will come back with more observations . I remember you telling me how SAm the skunkman was making dry sift from the males, i guess i can extract the resin with acetone as well? I will keep this male and try to reveg him when ready.Take care buddy

I mentioned the watering only because you noted giving a couple days of plain water after transplanting, and have been noticing some slight N def. since. It's not a big problem for you, but since the example was presented I thought i'd make mention. You could absolutely make acetone or alcohol hash from your males. However with any hash method other than dry sift some of the unique smell and taste properties are lost. Basicly making oil or water hash only allows you to test the potency of the male, and to a much lesser extent the smell and taste of the resins.

sgapetti

Veteran
I mentioned the watering only because you noted giving a couple days of plain water after transplanting, and have been noticing some slight N def. since. It's not a big problem for you, but since the example was presented I thought i'd make mention. You could absolutely make acetone or alcohol hash from your males. However with any hash method other than dry sift some of the unique smell and taste properties are lost. Basicly making oil or water hash only allows you to test the potency of the male, and to a much lesser extent the smell and taste of the resins.

Ciao Mister_D, the real problem is that i am transplanting after 18 dais of 24/0 and 28 days from seed, my container are to small for the task ( sexing ) as i am vegging longer , resulting in roots starting to get rootbound. When i transplant in final container, i have notice this time that plants( roots ) needs longer to adapt to new soil and size.I gave extra water to the bottom of container only at transplant for helping the roots find the way easyer, and that takes time. I wonder if is better to start directly in final container and simply take away the males after sexing and leaving the females, i have to try that with a sensimilla run. Is all abouy tast and smell, dry sift it is for the male resin, there in a nice guide on the italian forum about that, italians love resin and hashish :laughing:. That said when feeding at every watering is easier to adjust the dose of fert after monitoring the leaves, but i try to keep in mind the root development , i find it easier now to feed thanks to the bloom formula.Take care my friend :tiphat:

sgapetti

Veteran
day 29 of 12/12 , day 39 from seed

day 29 of 12/12 , day 39 from seed

Temp ambient 72,6
temps cab max 81.0 min 70
RH 31%

Those i took yersterday @ day 29 of 12/12

picture.php

Sam the skunkman freebie, front middel , topped above 5th node

picture.php

Sam the skunkman freebie, left back, this one got to dry when i decided to transplant her , topped above 5th node

picture.php

Mandy99 rigth back, indica pheno

picture.php

Mandy99 , c99 dominant , almost a copy of the mother

picture.php

Kalichakra/Mandala#1 rigth center

picture.php

C99BX1 , front rigth , left as she is

picture.php

C99BX1 , front left, little taller

Stretching is not what i espexted, i guess they have got a bit rootbound in veg/sexing due to small container size, to change before next run.
keep it green

Mister_D

Veteran
Ciao Mister_D, the real problem is that i am transplanting after 18 dais of 24/0 and 28 days from seed, my container are to small for the task ( sexing ) as i am vegging longer , resulting in roots starting to get rootbound. When i transplant in final container, i have notice this time that plants( roots ) needs longer to adapt to new soil and size.I gave extra water to the bottom of container only at transplant for helping the roots find the way easyer, and that takes time. I wonder if is better to start directly in final container and simply take away the males after sexing and leaving the females, i have to try that with a sensimilla run. Is all abouy tast and smell, dry sift it is for the male resin, there in a nice guide on the italian forum about that, italians love resin and hashish :laughing:. That said when feeding at every watering is easier to adjust the dose of fert after monitoring the leaves, but i try to keep in mind the root development , i find it easier now to feed thanks to the bloom formula.Take care my friend :tiphat:

Hello my friend, things are looking good as usual :tiphat:. IME plants should be nearly rootbound by the time they hit flower. Key word is nearly. How close to root bound is somewhat variety dependant. Indica/indica dom hybrids for example only grow roots for about two weeks into flower, so they need less space to filll at flip time. Sativa/satvia heavy hybrids tend to grow roots 3-4 weeks into flower and as a result need a bit more unused root space to fill at the start of flower so they don't become root bound. Ideally at the end of root growth in flower you should basicly be root bound. This will prevent hot spots of fertilizer from building up, and also ensure you are getting maximum uptake of water/nutes. Container size selection is a bit of trial and error. I like about a gallon of media per 2 feet of finished plant height, just as a general starting point. I also prefer to start seeds/clones in a beer cup (12-16oz) and transplant to the final container once the cup is completely full of roots (check my first journal for an example). In your case it may be better to start seeds in a 20-24oz cup or similar sized container so they can be vegged and sexed in those. Once males are removed transplant into the final container. It would be more ideal for the females to be in the final container sooner, but having males will create uneven canopy coverage once they are removed. You will have to do some experiments to see what works best for your particular setup, but that should get you pointed in the right direction. I'll be watching.......

And yes us italians do love our hash :laughing:

sgapetti

Veteran
Hello my friend, things are looking good as usual :tiphat:. IME plants should be nearly rootbound by the time they hit flower. Key word is nearly. How close to root bound is somewhat variety dependant. Indica/indica dom hybrids for example only grow roots for about two weeks into flower, so they need less space to filll at flip time. Sativa/satvia heavy hybrids tend to grow roots 3-4 weeks into flower and as a result need a bit more unused root space to fill at the start of flower so they don't become root bound. Ideally at the end of root growth in flower you should basicly be root bound. This will prevent hot spots of fertilizer from building up, and also ensure you are getting maximum uptake of water/nutes. Container size selection is a bit of trial and error. I like about a gallon of media per 2 feet of finished plant height, just as a general starting point. I also prefer to start seeds/clones in a beer cup (12-16oz) and transplant to the final container once the cup is completely full of roots (check my first journal for an example). In your case it may be better to start seeds in a 20-24oz cup or similar sized container so they can be vegged and sexed in those. Once males are removed transplant into the final container. It would be more ideal for the females to be in the final container sooner, but having males will create uneven canopy coverage once they are removed. You will have to do some experiments to see what works best for your particular setup, but that should get you pointed in the right direction. I'll be watching.......

And yes us italians do love our hash :laughing:

It is amazing how you often give me multiple answers :jump:. Off course longer veg is equal to bigger pots, i just did not think about it. Looks like i am going for longer veg next time, i am considering popping the seeds directly in final container, and just kill the males after sexing , this will be actual with F2 or IX seeds for a sensimilla run. The roots never managed to fill all the space in the last run, i have to do better than that. I have understood the importance of a strong root system, as you said i will go by trial and error, is all a learning process. I am looking at some sativa strain as well, good to know about the longer roots as well. I see a lot of potential in the vertical set up , i really love it ,lots of fun ahead for sure, those c99bx1 are perfect for micro cabs like mine, i have to find the sweet spot for flipping. That said i am looking forward for a update on your 3D , talk to you later, i will pm you as i need suggestion on some solid sativa strains , take care my friend:wave:

Mister_D

Veteran
Just paying it forward my friend. There is so much information given here and elsewhere that is only half correct, situationally correct, or just plain wrong. I try to do my small part to spread scientifically sound advice. I'm here to answer your questions, but I also try to take into account the others who read your thread. I'll get back to you on some ways to improve your root system when I have a moment to articulate my thoughts a bit better. Looking forward to your next update. Send me a pm when your ready to talk strains also, I have a few suggestions for you.

sgapetti

Veteran
day 33 of 12/12 , day 43 from seed

day 33 of 12/12 , day 43 from seed

Temp ambient 72,6
temps cab max 84.2 min 71.6
RH 31%
feeding 9 ml fishmix , 9 ml alg a mix , 2,2ml bioheaven and 12ml biobloom x U.S, gallon @ every watering

picture.php

Sam the skunkman freebie, front middel

picture.php

Sam the skunkman freebie, left back

picture.php

Mandy99 , c99 dominant , rigth , most resin so far, and the c99bx1 sativa pheno left, she is different , i try to get a decent macro

picture.php

C99BX1 , front rigth , left as she is

Starting to smell :dance013: pineapple :dance013: i love that smell .
Peace S

LetsSeeYa

Im moving from a house to an apartment so this will come in handy as i gotta down-size. And my LED's are 3.5' long so im thinking scrog, but have a tall white cab now, iv been thinking about running them vertical. With the plants between the wall and its screen as the two lights would be in the middle on a x-mas tree mover.

Really like what you have done, i dig CFL's and started indoor this way, but never vertical and with much more space.

Il be watching for sure man,

Keep er green

LSY

Latest posts

Latest posts