What's new

vertical cfl cab, 1,2sqf, C99BX1 & Co

quinoa64

Wow, great read. And thanks for writing such detailed posts! :thank you:

I'll definitely be following any future grows you care to post.

I've got an all LED cab right now, but there's not enough light in there so my babies are still basically seedlings after 3 weeks. My current plan is to up my game by converting to CFL and using the LEDs to supplement.

I'm pretty sure I'll be mounting the CFLs vertical, in polycarbonate tubes so that the plants can grow right up next to them. Have you seen the "highpod"? That's the main inspiration, but your success here is more relevant because micro.

Hope you're staying green, and still enjoying those buds! :blowbubbles:

sgapetti

Veteran
Great thread here, amazed at what can be grown in such little space. Hope to see more of these grows...

thx MG ,You will, looking for some bitches :laughing:to monocrop in the crosses i have made.

Wow, great read. And thanks for writing such detailed posts! :thank you:

I'll definitely be following any future grows you care to post.

I've got an all LED cab right now, but there's not enough light in there so my babies are still basically seedlings after 3 weeks. My current plan is to up my game by converting to CFL and using the LEDs to supplement.

I'm pretty sure I'll be mounting the CFLs vertical, in polycarbonate tubes so that the plants can grow right up next to them. Have you seen the "highpod"? That's the main inspiration, but your success here is more relevant because micro.

Hope you're staying green, and still enjoying those buds! :blowbubbles:

i have been reading true hundreds of 3D's in different forums, still doing that. I have found great info and inspiration , this is my way of giving something back to the comunity, thx for the words , appreciated.

Anyway , i put a link here when time comes, in case anyone find it interesting.
Peace S

Last edited:

iamoni

I have never read anything, nor seen anything first hand that leads me to believe cooler night temps increase resin production. It's possible, but unlikely. Resin is supposedly a defense response to UV light coming from the sun. Similar in principal to why we wear sunglasses. Trichromes/sunglasses help filter the UV while letting the remainder of the light spectrum through to the leaves/our eyes. Back when I ran intake/exhaust rooms I sometimes had to deal with colder than ideal nights in my room. At the time I was running clones that I knew very well, and though i wasn't looking for it I didn't notice any increase in trichromes during the colder months. On the flip side of that, if canopy temps get above 80 I notice a decrease in trichromes. Note I said canopy temps, not room temps. Co2 and an otherwise dialed environment allow a person to push those limits by a few degrees, but I still feel 80 is the max for best trich coverage and terpene profile. I'm thinking either you are lucky, grow skills are improving, soil is maturing, some other X factor, or maybe a combination of all of the above. I'm leaning more towards your grow skills are improving, and possibly your soil getting better also. I know the 4-5 year old stuff I use in the big room has done nothing but get better with each cycle. The plants terpene profile is definitely more complex than it was when I started that mix also. I mention the improvment in your grow skills also because I have seen patients without much grow experience turn my elite clones into some schwagy looking shit. Proper feed and care of the plants makes a huge difference in the end result.

Soil is getting better, soil is maturing...
I don't get it. Better microbial diversity I guess. What do you mean by it?

Latest posts

Latest posts