What's new

vertical cfl cab, 1,2sqf, C99BX1 & Co

Mister_D

Veteran
Wait another week, and start doing some defoilation. All those leaves are fine during stretch, but once that's over it's time to slowly remove every leaf with a stem for max light exposure to your buds :biggrin:. Definitely your best round yet :good:

sgapetti

Veteran
Wait another week, and start doing some defoilation. All those leaves are fine during stretch, but once that's over it's time to slowly remove every leaf with a stem for max light exposure to your buds :biggrin:. Definitely your best round yet :good:

Have been defoliating true veg untill flip the side exposed to the lights and removed branches and leaves in shadow before flip, they reacted really well, planning to defoliate after stretch as well, before fixing the branches/tops to the net. I noticed in your satori F2 3D how your plants had just a few leafs at the end and that looked really nice. What you are saying is to remove most leafs slowly from end of stretch untill begin of flush? I am planning as well to leave some leafs tucked behind the nets.
Peace S

sgapetti

Veteran
day 28 of flo

day 28 of flo

Feeding main container: 5,75 ml fishmix ,2,25 ml biogrow, 9 ml alg a mix , 12 ml biobloom and 0.8 ml bioheaven X US gallon

Feeding 2l container w 40% sepiolite: 5,75 ml fishmix ,2,25 ml biogrow, 9 ml alg a mix , 9 ml biobloom and 0.8 ml bioheaven X US gallon

lights : 120 watt @ 2500k , 12,5/11,5 )
temps : min 70 max 76
RH : 65%

picture.php

front

picture.php

front up

picture.php

rigth side

picture.php

detail cola hazy pheno

picture.php

resin @ 28 dayf of flo

Still feeding full bloom formula, right side as reached bottom of bulbs, have to start defoliation and rearrange some tops on the right side asap, otherwise still looking good .
Peace S

Mister_D

Veteran
. What you are saying is to remove most leafs slowly from end of stretch untill begin of flush? I am planning as well to leave some leafs tucked behind the nets.
Peace S

This is exactly what i'm saying. Any leaf with a stem attached must go. From the end of stretch until I chop I take about 20-30% of the remaining leaves with stems every week. For examples sake let say there are 100 total leaves that need removed from a plant before chop. First week after stretch I take 20 (20%) of those leaves. The next week I have 80 leaves left, I take 16 (20% again) leaves. This continues on until there are no leaves left other than those sticking directly out of a bud. The 20-30% is just a general guideline to keep your plants from stunting out. Remove too much leaf at once and your plants will stall for a couple of days. However if you only remove 20-30% at a time, no stalling. This is all somewhat strain dependent, so some experimenting may be required for the best results with your strain/s. Not only does this technique get you bigger buds, but it also saves time during harvest as most of the waste leaf is already removed. Does that all make sense?

Cab looks great btw :biggrin:

sgapetti

Veteran
no leaves left other than those sticking directly out of a bud.

Cab looks great btw :biggrin:
That was the last piece of the puzzle , thx fratello for explaining this, i wanna make sure this run to be as good as possible as will be my last run with seeds , going over to clones :dance013:if everything works the way i want. Just a shot of the right side out of the cab as i rearranged the tops today a took a few leaves. Very strong pineapple and lemon scent mixed nicely with some dank.

picture.php

right side

Peace S

sgapetti

Veteran
35 days of 12/12

35 days of 12/12

looks like its gettin stuffed in there, but thats good means more bud for you =)

welcome mrpew, trying as hard I can

Feeding main container: 5,75 ml fishmix ,2,25 ml biogrow, 9 ml alg a mix , 12 ml biobloom and 0.8 ml bioheaven X US gallon

Feeding 2l container w 40% sepiolite: 5,75 ml fishmix ,2,25 ml biogrow, 9 ml alg a mix , 9 ml biobloom and 0.8 ml bioheaven X US gallon

picture.php

top colas

picture.php

front

picture.php

hazy pheno on the rigth

picture.php

this is the apical of the hazy pheno

Feels like end of stretch, end of 5th week of flo .Started defoliation as discussed with my dear mr D, plants have been trained with frequent defoliation started with transplant and lst at week 3/4 allready. I am waiting before changing anything in the bloom formula used so far. When i took the picture a strong warm,sweet , pineapple/mango dank smell just hit me, like rotten fruit, smells promising for sure.
Peace S

rootidec

Veteran
looking good sgapetti!
now this is space management, couldn't fit a needle in there...
and really using the cool of CFLs as well :)

sgapetti

Veteran
41 days of 12,5/11,5 , 83 from seed

41 days of 12,5/11,5 , 83 from seed

looking good sgapetti!
now this is space management, couldn't fit a needle in there...
and really using the cool of CFLs as well :)

root bro, if they start to stack the pistils like the mother ( haze cross ) i am going to scream

picture.php

front

picture.php

front/up

picture.php

left side cola

picture.php

front cola i 2l container with sepiolite

picture.php

rigth side

Still feeding full bloom formula, taking 15/20 leaves a week, they love it so far, very happy with resin production and smell. Hopefully they will start stacking pistils like the mom ( sam's haze cross, we will soon find out.
Peace S

sgapetti

Veteran
clones update

clones update

Looks like a great start my man. Don't feel let down if they don't make it on your first try, cloning can be a tricky thing to nail down. What are your average temps in there? Approx. how much water did you add to each cup? You are using almost the same size cups I do, and i've found ~1 oz of water/nute per cup to be pretty ideal with coco and promix. Your soil with sepiolite should be pretty similar to promix. Either one should work fine, and I encourage you to keep using the same media you intend to finish in for cloning. Looking forward to seeing your new cab buddy . Wet dry cycle is extremely imporant when cloning. You want them to get almost dry enough to wilt before watering again. This sends a signal to the plant that it better grow roots or it's going to die. The better you master this wet/dry cycle the faster your clones will root.

I love the idea of cloning in the same sub used to finish as I like to simplify things for ease of handling, i cloned directly in my organic sub, no clonex no nothing .

picture.php

those are in a cab made to keep moms and clone , easier to monitor temps, placed in a plastic bag to raise humidity, little water now and then ,just to avoid drying out

picture.php

after they show root moved under cfl to start veg process

picture.php

those are the first clones made in sepiolite ,becoming moms ( 1 is a male found in the sams freebies) this is going to be nice, no more sexing, thx D :dance013:you are just great:comfort:
Peace S

Mister_D

Veteran
Congratulations my friend. Life as a grower has just gotten a bit easier for you. Cloning is one of the most valuable tools a grower a grower can hold in his/her arsonal. If your house humdity is at least 40% you might try not using the bag at all, or only using it for the first day or two. I find the sooner I can expose my clones to normal humidity, the faster they dry out, which in turn causes them to root faster :biggrin:. Anyway things are looking good over there buddy :good: I'll pm ya in minute....

sgapetti

Veteran
49 days of 12,5/11,5 , 91 from seed

49 days of 12,5/11,5 , 91 from seed

Feeding main container: 5,75 ml fishmix , 9 ml alg a mix , 12 ml biobloom X US gallon

Feeding 2l container w 40% sepiolite: 5,75 ml fishmix ,9 ml alg a mix , 9 ml biobloom X US gallon

temps : min 61 max 75

rearranged all the colas and more defoliation, all flowers exposed to the ligths now. Took the biogrow out of the feeding schedule, quantities above, the lady's

picture.php

front

picture.php

front/inside

picture.php

right/inside

picture.php

left/inside

picture.php

overview

Left side mix pheno allready showing red hairs while the right side hazy pheno showing mainly white, will see what happens.
Peace S

Hey man. Good luck toward harvest! Would like to mark that the RH is rather high. Late flower it should be 40% to prevent mould from manifesting. From 60% mould most likelly will be there.

Mister_D

Veteran
Sgapetti - Looks as though you are pretty much done defoilating those. I wouldn't recommmend taking any more leaves, unless you find the odd leaf shading bud sites. Remember it's generally only the primary (fan) leaves with a stem that you want to remove. You've done an excellent job thus far, but you don't want to strip every leaf ;). Hushem is correct about 60% being a bit high this late in flower, but i'm confident you will be fine having defoilated and because your air exchange is 2x per min. Also doesn't hurt that those haze genetics are very mold resistant :good:

sgapetti

Veteran
Hey man. Good luck toward harvest! Would like to mark that the RH is rather high. Late flower it should be 40% to prevent mould from manifesting. From 60% mould most likelly will be there.

Thx for stopping by hush,heating up the room now because of low temps at ligths off, that should take care of humidity.

Sgapetti - Looks as though you are pretty much done defoilating those. I wouldn't recommmend taking any more leaves, unless you find the odd leaf shading bud sites. Remember it's generally only the primary (fan) leaves with a stem that you want to remove. You've done an excellent job thus far, but you don't want to strip every leaf . Hushem is correct about 60% being a bit high this late in flower, but i'm confident you will be fine having defoilated and because your air exchange is 2x per min. Also doesn't hurt that those haze genetics are very mold resistant :good:

Ciao fratello , i think so too, everything looks open to the lights now. I have a question for you about the relation between low temps in late flower and resin production. I ask you because, i am almost at the end of a 12/12 from seed run for cross evaluation and moms selection, and off course more pollination( 3 males in total :laughing: have been used ) and i had very low temps for almost a week( from 43 F to 56F ) and now back at 63. Every single cola ( 15 different females ) is full of resin ,the leaves closest to the buds are full of resin , i never had a such homogeneous resin coverage before on different genetics, just trying to understand if there is a connection between low temps and resin production. If not, i guess i am just lucky with the males selected. Some shot of 3 of the females in question :

picture.php

C75 ( c99bx1 x mandala#1) X c99bx1

picture.php

sam99 ( sam skunk cross x c99bx1 )

picture.php

sam freebie

Peace S

Mister_D

Veteran
I have never read anything, nor seen anything first hand that leads me to believe cooler night temps increase resin production. It's possible, but unlikely. Resin is supposedly a defense response to UV light coming from the sun. Similar in principal to why we wear sunglasses. Trichromes/sunglasses help filter the UV while letting the remainder of the light spectrum through to the leaves/our eyes. Back when I ran intake/exhaust rooms I sometimes had to deal with colder than ideal nights in my room. At the time I was running clones that I knew very well, and though i wasn't looking for it I didn't notice any increase in trichromes during the colder months. On the flip side of that, if canopy temps get above 80 I notice a decrease in trichromes. Note I said canopy temps, not room temps. Co2 and an otherwise dialed environment allow a person to push those limits by a few degrees, but I still feel 80 is the max for best trich coverage and terpene profile. I'm thinking either you are lucky, grow skills are improving, soil is maturing, some other X factor, or maybe a combination of all of the above. I'm leaning more towards your grow skills are improving, and possibly your soil getting better also. I know the 4-5 year old stuff I use in the big room has done nothing but get better with each cycle. The plants terpene profile is definitely more complex than it was when I started that mix also. I mention the improvment in your grow skills also because I have seen patients without much grow experience turn my elite clones into some schwagy looking shit. Proper feed and care of the plants makes a huge difference in the end result.

sgapetti

Veteran
I have never read anything, nor seen anything first hand that leads me to believe cooler night temps increase resin production. It's possible, but unlikely. Resin is supposedly a defense response to UV light coming from the sun. Similar in principal to why we wear sunglasses. Trichromes/sunglasses help filter the UV while letting the remainder of the light spectrum through to the leaves/our eyes. Back when I ran intake/exhaust rooms I sometimes had to deal with colder than ideal nights in my room. At the time I was running clones that I knew very well, and though i wasn't looking for it I didn't notice any increase in trichromes during the colder months. On the flip side of that, if canopy temps get above 80 I notice a decrease in trichromes. Note I said canopy temps, not room temps. Co2 and an otherwise dialed environment allow a person to push those limits by a few degrees, but I still feel 80 is the max for best trich coverage and terpene profile. I'm thinking either you are lucky, grow skills are improving, soil is maturing, some other X factor, or maybe a combination of all of the above. I'm leaning more towards your grow skills are improving, and possibly your soil getting better also. I know the 4-5 year old stuff I use in the big room has done nothing but get better with each cycle. The plants terpene profile is definitely more complex than it was when I started that mix also. I mention the improvment in your grow skills also because I have seen patients without much grow experience turn my elite clones into some schwagy looking shit. Proper feed and care of the plants makes a huge difference in the end result.

Thx for the answer fratello, the sub and the biobizz veg and bloom formula are dialed to satisfaction by now, I guess i have been really lucky with the mandala#1 and c99 males used for the crosses and F2. The one tryed so far have been showing good ammount of resin
dance013.gif

I did the mistake of having high canopy temps before, lesson learned, i try not to go above 80F if i can help it.

plants are changing face :) big bud face. good sgapetti...
and nice info from mrD :O

Thx buddy, i suggest you to read his redemption 3D from start and take notes:laughing: i did

I took 6 cuts from the hazy99 mom , if everythings works fine i will have 6 females clones for the next run, but i am not taking any risks and i am prepared:biggrin:

Keep it green and stay safe
Peace S

sgapetti

Veteran
56 days of 12,5/11,5 , 98 from seed

56 days of 12,5/11,5 , 98 from seed

Feeding main container: water
Feeding 2l container w 40% sepiolite: water

lights : 90 watt @ 2500k , 26 watt @6700 full spectrum (12,5/11,5 )
temps : min 61 max 75
RH : 52%

Adding a full spectrum cfl @ 6700k UVB 2.0 for final maturation, mainly for spectrum diversity.

picture.php

front

picture.php

front/up

picture.php

hazy pheno, the one that got cloned, dusted very ligth with a Blue mystic male albino for giggles.

picture.php

same hazy pheno, stacking pistils like the mom, haze cross from Sam

picture.php

left side , c99/mix pheno

they are maturing fast, lots of brown pistills, water till the end now, looks like I should be able to cut within 2 weeks, time will tell.

Peace S

sgapetti

Veteran
63 days of 12,5/11,5 , 105 from seed

63 days of 12,5/11,5 , 105 from seed

Feeding main container: water
Feeding 2l container w 40% sepiolite: water

lights : 90 watt @ 2500k , 26 watt @6700 full spectrum (12,5/11,5 )
temps : min 59 max 77
RH : 45%

The situation @ 9 weeks after the switch

picture.php

front

picture.php

front/up

picture.php

up

picture.php

mix phenos front/left

picture.php

detail hazy pheno

I have 3 mix pheno left/front showing brown pistils and 2 hazy pheno on the rigth trowing new pistils and mainly white, like the mom did. I will change the lights to 14/10 for speeding up things if i have to .
Peace S

Latest posts

Latest posts