What's new

The Cage:1,2 sqft vertical micro cab 130 watt cfl

sgapetti

Veteran
It feels like I am back home finally .It all began studying Blynx
micro cab and a test run , thx bro , and after few runs and a lot of dialage ,
i want to share with you what I have been up to.

I will be documenting what is going on in my veg cab ( looking for mother plants) some micro
breeding and the dialage from clones in the flo cab once i find some galls to monocrop.

As usual i am here to share and learn, i am still testing some different methods to shorten
the perpetual runs ( mainly the veg time after transplant ) testing new soil combination and so on.

Comments, suggestions and questions are welcome

I will be updating asap with the setup and genetics ( mainly own crosses ) that i am working with atm

Peace S

Last edited:

sgapetti

Veteran
the flo cab

the flo cab

picture.php

14 x 14 x 28 inches or 35 x 35 x 71 cm
That gives me 1 cubic foot of soil and 1 cubic foot for growing

picture.php

single container 7.5 U:S: gallons or 28 L made of industrial felt.

The lights used are 2 x 30 watt cfl @2500k overhead and 2 x 36 watt @6400k vertical, this setup will be used true the entire cicle

The sub is organic ( own mix ) and i have about 30% coco for areation and faster feeds, using this combination for the first time.

picture.php

last run , back side with all the net modules in place

picture.php

last run , front , inside the cab

Peace S

Last edited:

sgapetti

Veteran
the veg cab

the veg cab

picture.php

snap shot of the veg cab today. 16x60x51 cm or 6.3 x 23.6 x 20.1 inches , 3 x 36 watt cfl @ 6400k

keeping a male and a female found in the freebies from sam the skunkman, the rest is crosses made me, more info as they enter the flo cab.

Peace S

Last edited:

STUNKY

Looks impressive for the bulbs ur using. I have seen a new led bulb made for street lamps . Imagine a corn cob.. The kernels being the bulbs. They r made to replace up to 1000 hps and are made down to replace 150 hps too. I bet it would be a nice bulb for this setup.. Haven't seen any grows with them yet .shouldnt be long though...how close to harvest r u ?

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very cool!

I saw that pic of yer cab that you posted recently in another thread. I was wondering why I hadn't seen that setup before.

Looking forward to seeing some runs in the cab!

sgapetti

Veteran
14 day after transplant

14 day after transplant

@ MrCopyZ thx for stopping by

@ STUNKY starting today with weekly updates

@ blynx been spending some time in the vert forum, back home now :biggrin: I will be documenting consecutive runs, unless i stop smoking:laughing: glad to have you on board!!

That said ,
picture.php

last Sunday , 1 week after transplant

picture.php

2 weeks after transplant , today

picture.php

back side, training and cropping and defoliating before flip, more about that later.

Peace S

12ver

Love this set up, It looks like you are keeping the 6400k bulbs all the way through now, did you find they are beneficial? That last run looks great and you appear to have this system dialed from your previous runs, way to go. What is the green cage you are using? Sorry for all the questions. Love all the micro vert going on right now.

sgapetti

Veteran
Love this set up, It looks like you are keeping the 6400k bulbs all the way through now, did you find they are beneficial? That last run looks great and you appear to have this system dialed from your previous runs, way to go. What is the green cage you are using? Sorry for all the questions. Love all the micro vert going on right now.

The 6400k cfl keeps internodes very close to each other , stretch is my enemy as i want bud from bottom till top , all the way around.I have mainly crosses with some haze in it, some less dominant then others, but still prone to stretch if they get the chance, the 6400 k vertical bulbs take care of this. The bottom line is 2500k for production and 6400k for quality, IMHO.

the story is that i am doing the same cut for the third time with different kelvin combinations.

The first run , been a seed run, a used only @2700k @ 12/12, good weed and resin production , but little smell .
picture.php

first run

The second run mixed spectrum , but only @2700k from end of stretch till 3 weeks from harvest , i had a uvb 2:0 full spectrum cfl the last 3 weeks. exellent weed , very good resin production e very good smell/terpenes profiles.
picture.php

second run

This run i will keep the mixed spectrum true the entire cicle, but i will not use the uvb 2.0 full spectrum cfl , as with this combination ( 60 watt @2500k + 72 watt @ 6400k ) i can have most watt (132 watt ) from beginning to end, i basically want to find out what the difference will be in terms of terpens production .
picture.php

this run , she is on the rigth back side

Peace S

Last edited:

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very nice setup. Have you flowered with only 6400k lights?

I still haven't gotten around to trying an all 6400k flowering run.

12ver

Thanks for the reply. I have wondered if we are trying to imitate the Sun, why not a daylight bulb throughout the grow. love your sativa dominant plants, very Hazy. Gives cab growers hope. May your harvest meet your expectations! Will be watching!

quinoa64

More vertical CFL fun from sgapetti!

Mixing in some coco? That should be interesting. My guess is that you'll probably need to up your nutrients a bit to compensate for the lost soil.

But maybe that will be offset by better aeration and better overall holding capacity. Not sure if "holding capacity" is even a term, but I mean that the coco should help keep more water+nutes available in the soil, ready to use. Like a sponge, you know?

Anyway, best of luck sir! :lurk:

sgapetti

Veteran
Very nice setup. Have you flowered with only 6400k lights?

I still haven't gotten around to trying an all 6400k flowering run.

I may try it, been considering just that, the down side of to much blue light in my limited space is lots of leaves, as it is now i am plucking leaves all the time to expose new growth and train the future buds toward the lights, should work fine with the right strain i guess , i keep you updated if i do it.:tiphat:

Thanks for the reply. I have wondered if we are trying to imitate the Sun, why not a daylight bulb throughout the grow. love your sativa dominant plants, very Hazy. Gives cab growers hope. May your harvest meet your expectations! Will be watching!

you welcome:tiphat:

nice setup man, ill be lurking...

just ask if you wonder about something, stay safe

More vertical CFL fun from sgapetti!

Mixing in some coco? That should be interesting. My guess is that you'll probably need to up your nutrients a bit to compensate for the lost soil.

But maybe that will be offset by better aeration and better overall holding capacity. Not sure if "holding capacity" is even a term, but I mean that the coco should help keep more water+nutes available in the soil, ready to use. Like a sponge, you know?

Anyway, best of luck sir! :lurk:

being coco a hydro medium , like the hydrotone i was using before in the same percentage, i do not espect big changes . Now that you mention it , i will document my fert regime as well,just in case.The big difference will be more space and oxygen for the roots, stay tuned ,happy to have you on board.

Keep it green and stay safe
Peace S

5th

Veteran
Late to party, but it looks like its an ongoing party. I'll crack a pint n' sit in the corner.

First run looked stellar. :tiphat:

sgapetti

Veteran
blue hazy99

blue hazy99

Hi sgap! Welcome back on icmag ;)! I love your works ! Hola fratello!
Glad to have you on board fratello:comfort: benvenuto!!

Late to party, but it looks like its an ongoing party. I'll crack a pint n' sit in the corner.

First run looked stellar.

Welcome 5th , thx for stopping by

That said , let me introduce you to most special lady in the flo cab.
picture.php

the mother is a Blue mystic from Nirvana, the father is a cross made from a haze dominant cross found in Sam the Skunkman freebies ( mom ) and a c99 (bx1) IX1, Hazy99. The special in this cross is the 2 males , they start as males, male preflowers and flowers, but after a while they went both female, with female preflowers and a little bud on top
picture.php

picture.php

i ave got 3 true females and a true male so far, been stressing the females but no nanners so far.

Peace S

sgapetti

Veteran
3 weeks frpm transplant

3 weeks frpm transplant

Feeding : 9 ml alg a mix and 1,1 ml bioheaven X US gallon

lights : 132 watt ( 60 watt @ 2500k and 72 watt @ 6400k ) 18/6
temps : min 66 max 82
RH : min 23% max 35%

The situation at 3 weeks from transplant
picture.php

front lights off

picture.php

back side

picture.php

right side

picture.php

left side

low humidity, using a spray bottle few times a day.

Peace S

Last edited:

sgapetti

Veteran
0 days of 12/12

0 days of 12/12

Feeding : 9 ml alg a mix and 1,1 ml bioheaven X US gallon

lights : 132 watt ( 60 watt @ 2500k and 72 watt @ 6400k ) 12/12
temps : min 66 max 82
RH : min 23% max 35%

looking good but maybe some nute burn on that hazy one, hope it pulls through for you.

she maybe be more sensitive, i did rearranged the sam freebie branches, but the plant is broken in different places due to aggressive lst in veg box, hopefully she pull true. Switching tonight to 12/12, they are exploding now .

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Weekly ups as usual to follow the development in the flo cab

Peace S

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts