What's new

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic mod.scrog

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
here is my Blueberry (DP Fem) at 9 weeks - about a week or so from harvest. as you can see from the bud structure this is a heavily sativa dom pheno. i would love to know if anyone recognises the traits from oaxican or Thai. Its the only Bb i have grown but it looks very different to most of the pics i have seen. it does smell of blueberries but not just of blueberries- quite a complex smell and, once cut, it is virtually impossible to contain the smell even in a glass jar!. high is beautiful, calm euphoria and very functional and clear headed. i LOVE it.
picture.php

nug
picture.php

later

V.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
kushkommander and growMEDS

thanks for stopping by!. im working on some more pics atm.

V.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
here's the Arjan's Haze 3 at 9.5 weeks - looking nearly there
picture.php

and another blueberry nugshot ;)
picture.php

V.

wow, that DP BB looks strikingly similar to some Jack Herrer I grew in '06 (at least the bud formation).

Not to be repetitive, but can we get some updated pics of the Black Forrest? :rasta: I'll be starting some within the next month or so and am trying to gather how fast they stretch, how long stretch lasts, etc. My current plan is 2 BF's under 2 - 400W HPS and 1 250W CMH... scrogged using a 4x6 screen.

The other plants look beautiful as usual :joint:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi osf - will get some snaps of the black forrest soon - they are still in veg, i wanted them to be as old/mature as possible before i flowered them as i hear that they are more potent when mature. i have now topped them 3 times so should have 8 main shoots on each (i would have left it at 2 but for height issues - i thought it would be better to do it sooner rather than be forced to do it later). i rooted some clones in 12/12 and after 3 weeks or so they are just starting to look like they might tell me what sex they are!. all the plants in the cab are going to be harvested in the next 2 weeks or so and i plan to flower one as soon as there is space.
what i have learned so far is that they dont like much water. because my grow is in the attic and quite often gets left for 48 hours, i possibly tend to water a little too much and i noticed that the BF werent responding well to this - leaf margins were turned up - so i have left them pretty dry and it seems to have helped. going to add some coco to my soil mix to make it a bit lighter for them and also add a little hoof and horn by way of slow release nitrogen to last them the long flower cycle - feather meal is also apparently good for this.

cheers

V.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
pontiac - yeah the 250 is great if you can get all the buds close to it - great light levels from 6" to 12". i rate my ecotechnics diamond reflector very highly as well.

K.J. - the foxtails insane aren't they - last time i ran the Blueberry i thought i may have encouraged it by late training, too close to the light and excess N, but this time i have addressed all that and they look like this - so i'm confident that its the genetics now. pretty good yielder too.:joint:

had an early smoke of the MLI. seems pretty strong. i chopped the seeded bud and look forward to seeing how many seeds, ill be happy with a free 10 pack :woohoo:

V.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
today is a very proud day - i have successfully made my first seeds - these are MLI F2's. i got 55 big, fat seeds from one cola which has still got plenty of smoke on it.
:woohoo:

picture.php

gonna have a smoke on the bud later as well

V.

Hiya

here is my Blueberry (DP Fem) at 9 weeks - about a week or so from harvest. as you can see from the bud structure this is a heavily sativa dom pheno. i would love to know if anyone recognises the traits from oaxican or Thai. Its the only Bb i have grown but it looks very different to most of the pics i have seen. it does smell of blueberries but not just of blueberries- quite a complex smell and, once cut, it is virtually impossible to contain the smell even in a glass jar!. high is beautiful, calm euphoria and very functional and clear headed. i LOVE it.
picture.php

nug
picture.php

later

V.
MMmm looks delicious!
Sounds like something I might want to try :)
Tagged! :D
:wave: Low

hazy

Veteran
You've outdone yourself VG. Your mini scrogs are amazing little canopies of fat buds.
The BB looks as tasty as it is beautiful.

neongreen

Veteran
^^ I couldn't have said it better...

Damn good job Verdant!

Congratulations on your first beans too. I hope I can get some as nice n fat as those are with my first attempt!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
K.J - thanks mate!

High Lowlander - yeah that Blueberry is my best find so far, and it may stay that way for a long time. a couple people have it as well now. Thanks for stopping by :)

snap - yeah - it was pretty successful and there was so little pollen that i could hardly see it, i almost mimed the whole thing!. im not so sure the Geurilla Gold pollenation worked though :mad:.

Hazy and Neongreen - thanks guys, the screens are doing me proud so far

---

chopped the MLI's today - they were both on the same foot square screen. heres what i got. some big buds off the tall pheno. the short pheno buds are rock hard.

picture.php

later

V.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
forgot to mention that the MLI was harvested at 81 days! - this i a LITTLE longer than the 45-50 days on the blurb. i think that repotting at the same time as the flip will delay flowering a little as the roots grow - i dont know if anyone else has any experience of this.
even now there are not that many amber trics. i find that my trics dont really go very amber - even when the plant is clearly ready and flowered for longer than it's supposed to be. the smoke is great though :)

Black Forrest Update - after waiting for a few weeks with the rooted clones under a small warm white cfl 12/12 to show sex, i put them in my flowering cab and they have shown in 2 days. BF1 is female and BF2 is male - the opposite way round to my suspicions, shows what i know ;) . the third one was a little way behind so dont know about that yet.

Asil

Verdant, I just love your grows. Everything looks so good. Nice harvest you had there. I know what you mean about the thrichomes turning. I took two plants in the shed at 80 days and they where clear/cloudy. This was from plant that look mostly indica Dom in veg. I still have one going that is just stariong to swell. Probally have two more weeks on her. That is crazy I think.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks Asil! - the trics thing is odd isnt it. i have a Dr atomic NL in there that will have been flowering for 10 weeks on wednesday!. i can see that it is ready but the trics are hardly amber at all.

anyone have any ideas whay this is???