What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic mod.scrog

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks soc and K.J.

im doing a few mods to the cab today - trying to make it quieter by isolating the fan from the cab and putting sound-damping tape between the cab and the floor of the loft - it's not too bad atm but when the auto fan speed turns up it sounds like someone didnt push the button in the swan hatch on LOST (my favorite tv show ever). Hopefully i'll be posting later to say everything went well...

also may try and upgrade the ventilation in the veg cab and fit a second 52watt floodlight.

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
Sounds like a good plan dude, more stealth has gotta be a winner.

I've designed/built a number of isolated rooms for audio production, can point you to a bunch of great resources if you decide to take the sound deadening further as the principles are the same whether you're making music or growing weed!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks snap - i did actually get the sound damping 'tape' from an audio supplier and basically put a layer of it between the cab and the floor of the loft as well as between the fan and the cab - not finished yet but seems to be going ok - if i run into trouble i'll know where to comefor advice!

Asil - cheers for stopping by!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Maple Leaf Indica

Maple Leaf Indica

i grabbed a couple pics of the two MLI plants that i have on one screen - you may remember one pheno is tall and one is short so it looks slightly comical but having the tall one round the edge has worked out fine as i like to get a slightly dished scrog anyway.

here is the whole module 52 days and nearly ready - this will be chopped within the week i think
picture.php

here is a couple nugs of the taller and what looks like much heavier yeilding pheno
picture.php

back later when i finish the upgrade - i thinki've gained an inch or two of extra height with the modifications as well because i managed to get the fan higher in the cab. may not sound much but those who have vertically challenged grow spaces will know that that is the equivalent of a country mile ;)

(a 'country mile' is colloquial/slang for a lot btw)

later

V.

neongreen

Veteran
Looking very sweet Verdant! Must get my hands on MLI one of these days. Seems like a very good strain! Is it your first time with the MLI?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi neon! yes it's my first time with MLI. i probably like to get high more than stoned ;)
but im looking for a good late night smoke as the sativas can keep me awake if i toke em too late in the evening. Ill let you know what they smoke like. made a few seeds too - i think MLI is a hybrid between two similar afgans so i guess the seeds would be f2's

cheers

V.

neongreen

Veteran
From what I've read about it, the MLI is basically pure pre-soviet ghani, and pretty stable, but you could well be right.

Those beans should come in useful either way :D

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks hazy - yeah, at first i liked the look of the shorter pheno and i was kicking myself for making seeds with the tall one by mistake, but now i can see that the tall one stretches and then fills in the gaps. It'll be down to the quality of the smoke in the end and i may keep neither. ( but the seeds will be nice for the freezer )

neon - thats what i read too, but i think, not sure though, that the mum and dad may be slightly different pre soviet strains - would still give a fairly stable hybrid though.

the cab is considerably quieter :woohoo::joint:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi BesideHimself, i'm running Maple Leaf indica which is pretty much done, Atomic NL, Arjan's Haze 3 and my DP Bb cut. all will be ready in the next 2-3 weeks i think. got UK Cheese and Power Plant waiting to go in, along with my Black Forrest sativa

V

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
here is my new method of maturing soil in the pots before planting - the idea being that the microherd forms naturally in relation to depth - so if you cook the soil in a sack and then pour into the pot it has to adjust to the new levels. this way it should go undisturbed. the pot in the middle is the same as the pots my PP and Cheese are vegging in, so i can carefully remove it and drop the new plant in

picture.php

in fact i did just that with a Power Plant earlier :woohoo:
and for the first time i added some myco to the hole as well :joint:

---

in other news i made some hash with the 420 buds that i didnt think were very good - got 3 or so grams from more than 2 oz of buds which was the whole plant. should be insanely lemony

V.

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
Sweet, be good know how you get on with the Myco as I've got a bag sitting here for when I next transplant some ladies!

neongreen

Veteran
Interesting idea Verdant. I'm not convinced it'll make much difference, but always good to be trying new things to see if they work for you :)

plantsman

Hi Verdant
I've just skimmed through this thread and I was clearly right to advice from you... they are some very pretty buds!
An update on me, incase you're interseted, is that everything is great. I've got a perpetual SOG going with Domina Star, Crimea Blue and Sharksbreath (that I see you have grown too, although it looks like I have a very different pheno).
I'm using your soil mix and, considering my inexperience in this field, I think its working excellently. I'm pulling out lovely bud each week and its almost keeping me completely self sufficient, no more trips to dealers!! So thanks again man...
I also see you've started with the myco fungi... let me know how that goes, I've been using it from the start so I cant compare results.
Enjoy ur weekend mate

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi neongreen - i dont expect it will make that much difference either but perhaps the plants will kick off a little quicker after transplant

plantsman - good to hear from you and glad its going well! - the myco is probably more important for smaller pots but it cant hurt!. im trying to squeeze the next pot size up in my cab (15 litres)by cutting off the rim in 4 places!. pics soon...

plantsman

im trying to squeeze the next pot size up in my cab (15 litres)by cutting off the rim in 4 places!. pics soon...

15 litres :yoinks: Thats a big pot!

I use 2litre soft drink bottles at 4 per sq/ft. Lots of work and watering but I think it gives me the best yield for one light...?
How long do you have to veg for before flowering in a 15 litre pot?
So many things to consider, I cant remember the last time I went to sleep not thinking about some change/modification I can make to the grow room...:1help:
Have a good week

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah 15 litres may be too big but there is only 1 way to find out.
i just ordered some 3litre pots - i think i could fit 4 of those into a square foot if i took one of the screens out (i may be growing out seeds for selection of keepers and need to grow more than 4 plants sometimes - a sog within a scrog ;)

the pots i used for the last finished run were 11 litres and the round ones i am using for the present run are 12. come to think of it i havent actually tried to see if i can get the 15's in yet - just measured them with a tape measure!)

anyway, enough waffling. more pics soon. the bud structure on my Blueberry is the oddest thing...

V.

Latest posts

Latest posts