What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic mod.scrog

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thats a good point rusty and makes sense. gibberellins (PGR's) are produced in the root tips which promote sidebranching - so i guess if there are more root-tips (stimulated by the pruning effect of the airpots) then more branching occurs...

Rusty420

on the negative they are not good for bottom feeding, and hydrophobic dirt is hard to re hydrate fully as the water pisses out the sides and if your not carefull the medium gets dry layers on the bottom, later on roots grow through and into the tray anyway....:D

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
true rusty, it's annoying when water p1sses out of the sides. :laughing:

happy new year all!
the cab is at 11 weeks now. as you may remember i harvested one of the blueberry's last week so we are down to 3 plants at the tail end of the run.
short shark at 11 weeks - not a brilliant pic but as you can see it's getting pretty fat and looks like it'll go another week.
picture.php

tall shark - not easy to get a good pic of this either but it's pretty chunky
picture.php

and a nug from the tall shark
picture.php

the remaining blueberry - some stems have collapsed under the weight of the buds. you can see the rather odd bud structure but it is what it is.
picture.php

nug
picture.php

and a single calyx stack :dance013:
picture.php

the power black f2 gave 3 girls and the chosen one looks to have fatter leaves than the other two - looking for a pheno as close to my old power plant cut as possible.

VG :tiphat:

g0vnaa

ICE Cream eater
Veteran
That Blueberry is beautifull man. Amazing structure and colors :D
Looks better every time you run it.

Whats The Shark lineage ? She grows big buds for sure :artist:

theherbalizor

Veteran
Wicked.!

That tall bb looks like how I do it. I guess she was flying close to the lights?

Do you detect a slightly different smell from her as she is more calyxed. Less skunky and more acrid Thai up.

That shark is indeed a beast. And looks nothing like the shark shock stuff I used to get. Looking forward to the new years meet up! Hehe

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Blueberry looks top.

Blueberry looks top.

The light makes all the difference red light causes more photosynthesis through phytochromes

Gibberellin content and growth velocity of a tissue are correlated. Despite that the shoots have high concentrations measured, and in the root tips.

The idea that they are produced in the roots seemed logical though indications exist that they are only converted in the roots, i.e. that one gibberellin is transported from the shoot into the root where it is converted another one.

The new product is then transported back via the xylem into the shoot. Both xylem and phloem exuded matter that have gibberellins been detected showing how the distribution mechanism for hormones works in this type of plant. Moreover exist reliable indications that symplastic transport exists in the tissues themselves.

The ratio of auxin to cytokinin plays an important role in the effect of cytokinin on plant growth.

Parenchyma tissue cultured with auxin and without cytokinin have cells that grow large but do not divide.

When cytokinin is added along with auxin, the cells both expand and differentiate. However, when the plant cells are cultured with only cytokinin, there is no effect. When cytokinin and auxin are present in equal levels, the parenchyma cells form a callus, or undifferentiated mass of cells.

An increase in cytokinin will lead to the growth of shoot buds, while an increase in auxin induces root formation.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
RD thanks for stopping by :tiphat:

hey g0v, yeah ive tried to relax with the blueberry and let it do it's thing. i spent a long time trying to get the buds to grow more normally but it never worked. even half starved it makes foxtails and calyx stacks. i should try it under LED and see what happens.

snap! nice to see you around.

herb, yeah the Bb changes smell a lot during the flower period. The one i have hanging atm smells more floral/sour fruit than skunky with the berry just starting to come through - remember you were going to do me a smoke report on the tester i left you ??? you are much better at placing smells/tastes than myself. you need to try the shark too - id say it was the best yeilder i have and very strong - couchy but with some head. great muscle relaxant.

mate dave - thanks for that. its tough with PGR's as they all seem to influence/synergize with each other.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
right, all the plants are taken down, the last were the Shark1's at 13 weeks today.

the first Bb is dry and the weigh in was 59g which is pretty decent - but more importantly i think its about the smoothest, most resinous and aromatic herb ive had from this cut - and thats saying something!

cheers - i'll have the weight of the other Bb in a couple of days and the rest next week.

VG

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
yeah VG i dig that last bb structure...hope to hear more on the last bb......how the first one do for ya?head/body low high taste longevity?sorry for the 22?'s;)

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey Mike - the Bb has quite a lot of sativa influence in the high - some have said hazy - but it still has that slightly euphoric and functional blueberry stone to it. pretty strong too.
taste and smell are berry but there are othere terpenes present too. sweet, skunky and floral. the buds stay good a very long time and the berry smell stays too - its actually more noticeable when the other aromas have faded.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
second blueberry weighed in at 59grams - so pretty much the same as the first.
the two shark1's should come in a bit heavier than the blueberries.

update on the power black f2's - i got 3 girls and i kept the one with the widest leaves (looking for a power plant pheno). its got too big to flower in the next round in this cab - there will be a few changes in here anyway. so im going to try and flower it in the 104w LED cab.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the two shark1 plants weighed 160g between them which brings the total yield from this round to 279g - just a gram short of 10 ounces which is pretty decent especially as the Blueberry is an average yielder. if i ran 4 high yielders like the shark in there the yield would be close to 3/4 of a pound.

onwards and upwards..... thanks to everyne who stopped by :)

VG :tiphat:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
RD thanks!

solarpowered - yes i do run the UV 12/12 but if the plants get within 2-3 inches of the tubes you can see some damage to the buds from the UV so its best to rotate the plants, keep them a distance away or perhaps not run them 12/12.

the mole

Verdant just wanted to thank you for your journals. I am modeling my grow after you and I was just wandering what kind of 250 watt hps your using?(digital/magnetic,DIY/brand name,and bulb brand). Thanks for your truly inspirational thread

Latest posts

Latest posts