What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic mod.scrog

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
mike - thanks dude... yeah the BB is one of those that covers you in really sweet smelling resin when you go near it :)

hey RD - ive been trying to give them a bit extra food so as they dont fade so fast and have a bit of energy left for the final weeks,

g0v - cheers :tiphat:

cpnamn - yeah give it a try, once you have it set up you'll find it really helps keep the plants in their space and ups your yields.

---

stripped a lot of the faded leaves from the blueberries yesterday - we look pretty well set for the last lap :dance013:

i'll try and get another set of pics up later this week

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi all :tiphat: today we'll start with the Power Black F2 seedlings. these will be repotted shortly and then topped in a few days ( i tend not to top plants at the same time as re-potting as it can retard root growth for a while)
picture.php

here's one of the trifoliates -
picture.php

and on to the buds - we are 8.5 weeks in now and its all looking well. plants are fading but hopefully have another couple of weeks in them.
shark1 - the short one
picture.php

nug - this one's fat like yer mother :dance013:
picture.php

the tall shark1 - it'll be interesting to see which shark yields more - the tall one was vegged for a little longer but i think the short one may yield slightly better...
picture.php

nug
picture.php

and the 'short' BB - i really should have learned by now how much this stretches :redface:
picture.php

nugs
picture.php

and the tall one...
picture.php

cheers

VG

StRa

Señor Member
Veteran
thanks for sharing these beautiful plants & pics!

and what do you think about leafs curling up in the BB? In my last runs it happen quite often!

have a nice week end VG!!!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey StRa im pretty sure that it's light/heat stress - especially if you see it on the leaves/buds that are nearest to the light. the BB is too tall and so some of the buds are a little close (although they are also dieing off so that could be part of it)
its one of the most common mistakes of a grower imo to try and get the lights too close to the plants - often you see a bit of this leaf curling up on people's budshots because their 'centerfold' bud is the dominant one sticking up out of the top of the plant and its a bit too close to the light.
raising the light a little (if you can lol) you get a better spread of light over the canopy and better buds on the outside.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cheers RD, the cab stinks atm. lovely but a bit of a problem when you open i to water... the kids are off school for xmas now so it's always an effort to get up the loft without looking suspicious.
fortunately my eldest is old enough to send up the shops for a pint of milk now :D

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol, sometimes it sounds like a close encounter of the third kind when the temp controlled fan changes speed in the night (right above the bedroom)

blimey - i'd defo need a much bigger cab if i was going to send the kids to boarding school :D

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey VG....How do you get your water up into the loft?

very carefully :D

no i water every 2 days and a 2 gallon watering can does them all - so i fill it after watering and then let it sit up in the little 'room' i have up there till next time. by then the chlorine is gone and it's nice and tepid.

basically i insulated about 4ft of one end of the roofspace (which is triangular and about 5ft tall in the apex) and i have a silver bubble wrap 'curtain' which closes it off from the rest of the loft. the cabs sit in this space which is warmed by the exhaust air and it helps keep them warm and reduces the heat signature on the roof. its at the chimney end of the loft and we have an open fire so any extra heat at that end shouldnt look too bad to an IR camera. snow on the roof stays pretty intact :dance013:

actually the loft was pretty damp and not much good for storage before - but now with the airflow from the cabs it stores clothes etc well without them going slightly mildewy

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey all got a couple of xmas pics
heres the cab. 9.5weeks - the blueberry forest on the left and the shark on the right
picture.php

and here are the PB f2's recently topped
picture.php

picture.php

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
guanito - thanks!, nice to see you around :)

hey g0v cheers - hope your having a good xmas!

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hippis - welcome!

strass, the airpots, i cant say ive seen any increase in yield from using them, although the weigh in on this round should be pretty good from the looks of it. i was talking to my friend and member here the herbalizer and we both had different theories as to why - herb thought that it was because i still do a couple of up-pots before planting into the airpots, and this means i have sufficient rootmass for that not to be the limiting factor in my grows.. and im sure he has a good point there.
i was wondering about how much the holes and dry soil on the outside might reduce the useable soil volume. so if the outside inch of the soil around the pot was dry and no use to the plant... then it would actually effectively reduce the volume of the pot by over 15%.
i think the main thing is though that i always used very big pots for the size of my grow so any improvement from airpots is hard to detect.

---

the tall Bb got taken down today at just over 10 weeks. it was noticeably more ripe than the short Bb (that got re-potted later). need to start the harvest cycle.
i should be able to get pics of the rest before i harvest them.

VG

Latest posts

Latest posts