What's new

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic mod.scrog

g0vnaa

ICE Cream eater
Veteran
I have red that TW colapses under her buds weight. Looks like its true. Nice buds for sure. Gonna wait for a smoke report. Must be a very nice and fast sativa :)

Nice list for the next run. Bubba and Haze mmmm...
There will be some nice diversity for sure :tiphat:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
scroger, nameless - thanks guys!

g0v - yeah i only recenly found out the reason for the name 'trainwreck' - i thought it was more of a 'dont operate heavy machinery' type reference :D

the giesel has pretty much collapsed now

----

after a week here are the plants in the new soil - looking happy apart from a little old mite dameage and heat stress. so far so good
picture.php

VG

Mr Jay

Veteran
I thought the name trainwreck was because it was a trainwreck of genetics and no one knows the parents?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi Mr Jay - i was recently told that the name was inspired by the look of the plant after all the stems had collapsed under the weight of the buds.

----

Blimey has some nice pics of his Cherryjuana test grow here. the plants are starting to finish
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=153752&page=43

i think all the packs i donated to the server fund were listed and sold pretty quickly

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yield on the CB was about 60grams and the Trainwreck was 66grams - so both around a gram per watt.

all the plants are chopped now and we should have the new run in the cab within the week.

oldbootz

Veteran
i must snap a pic of the two black cheese plants i have going right now. they're at about week 3 flower and they're about as tall as i am with lovely branching :)

buying a new camera (old one stopped working) soon! going to get the cheap entry level cannon EOS

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cheers herb, looking forward to it.

bootz i would love to see them. still got a nug of the black cheese and i have to say its as potent as pretty much anything in its own way. you making some F2's? ;)

the giesel and c4d5 both weighed in at 67g each - so a bit more than 9 oz from this run which is solid.

new plants potted up into new mix except the haze6 which is still just rooted and got mugged by a few mites that were leaving the drying buds. im on a strict spray regime of at least twice a week for the time being. the good thing about not running perpetual and having a small gap between runs is that you get the chance to break the cycle - so a little lost in efficiency is gained in beating the borg, which i guess i dont have much of a problem with but they were starting to get hold by the time i harvested this time round.

vg

oldbootz

Veteran
hey VG yea im busy going through the seeds little by little and keeping clones of the nice ones. im going to toss them all into flower and open pollinate once i've gone through all the beans. im seeing some lovely variations. there are strong berry indica traits to some of them that i think come from the cherry AK47 in the black forest line. the yield on these phenos is good. then others have this AMAZING (my second best flavor in weed ever found after the incense jack herer flavor) wierd sweet and sour rum and rasin sativa dankness. the sweetness must come from the cheese and maybe the other interesting flavor comes from the vietnam side possibly. these phenos are longer flowering and lower yield. much more sativa influence.

so yea F2s probably by the end of the year or early next year.

i lost an amazing black cheese male plant from the first batch of seeds you sent. it had trichomes all over it. the only clone i took just didnt live. i found another male but it autoflowered on me ! strange. so i killed that one. so far no hermies all amazing plants.

the Northern lights x deep chunk are nice and interesting too. i must have made about 5000 seeds with a beautiful NL.DC male that i found and crossed with all my fems that i was running at the time. got some plants on their 6th node right now from the crosses. they are looking thick phat dank. going to be an indica dom harvest soon.

popped some of the skunk #1 x swazi (i sent you some of these) and found a killer plant with huge yield of candy smelling trichome covered sativa bud. definitely a keeper. so pop those if you're bored :) just kill off any low yielding ones that didnt get the yield traits from the skunk. the swazi adds such a nice pepper/aniseed flavor to the skunk and improves the high.

hope you're not as hung over as i am right now :)

take it easy mate

OB

D9_THC

Hi VG, the TW looks really massive and loaded with trichomes!

I know that you use regular water, do you know if your water has chloramine in it? I was just told that my water has it, and am considering about switching to reverse osmosis...

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey bootz that sounds great - im hoping to get to some seeds really soon...

D9 - my water doesnt have chloramine, although they have started using it in some parts of the UK. apparently ascorbic acid (vitamin C) will neutralize it and i have heard peeps say that molasses will too. RO has its own problems like very low buffering capacity...

---

so the new run is underway, 3 plants were vegged in the big airpots for about a week and then flipped a few days ago. the new soil looks to be performing well atm, and i also have the plants under a MH lamp to reduce stretch. using supplemental red t5's seemed to make little or no difference last time so this time i will try MH for the first 3 weeks.
picture.php

here is the fouth plant, a cutting from my haze6 mum that was put straight to 12/12. not sure if i will regret not vegging it but it may stretch for a while before flowering (you may remember last time i ran it in my LED cab under 10/14)
picture.php

here is a pic of how i'm working with the airpots this time. as well as changing the soil, ive fitted a wick / strip of capillary matting round the bottom of the pot so as any runoff will get soaked back up - and also it will give me the option of auto watering if i go on holiday. the two ends of the wick are tied together inside the pot and surrounded by soil.
i feel there is a 'swings and roundabouts' situation with the airpots in that, yes they must get more oxygen to the roots - but also they may reduce the usable amount of soil in the pot because it dries out quicker - especially round the edges. im hoping the wick will help solve this - and hopefully the soil will hold more water. it is certainly much heavier than my old soil!
picture.php

VG

D9_THC

I agree with you on the airpots, it makes sense that the dried out layer around the wall reduces the usable space for the roots. I've been trying them out and my biggest gripe with is that they allow fungus gnats easier access to the soil, and they become impossible to get rid of.

VG, do you know how much ascorbic acid I need to add per gallon to neutralize chloramine? Thanks a bunch!

...here's what I found:

"Chloramine can be removed from bathwater and birthing tubs by adding 1000 mg of vitamin C (as the ascorbic acid form) to a medium size bathtub (about 40 gallons of water)" - wikipedia :)

benjuanman

Veteran
Great little Scrog u got there VD, damn u getting sum good weight out of it too. That cherry bomb looks so pretty with them pink pistils. Keep up the great work. +K

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
D9 - that sounds about right if you scale the dosage down. im sure ive seen discussions about that here if you do a search...

benjuanman - thanks!

SS - thanks for stopping by :tiphat:

---

so here we are just coming up to week 3 and the MH lamp seems to have kept the stretch down somewhat - i'll probably swap it to HPS later today whilst the lights are out. been very hot here and the temps have hit 90 a few times but tbh that doesnt worry me too much.

the new soil mix has worked great so far. seems to hold water very well - possibly better than before.

first off the haze6 - which if you remember was put in here straight from clone - it may or may not grow enough to fill the screen before it tops out. if it doesnt then at least i'll know it needs a little veg next time. this is the second time i ran it but first time it was 10/14 under LED so i had no real frame of reference as to how much it would grow before flower in 12 12 under mh. im thinking now i should have vegged it for a week but we'll see
picture.php

the C4D 4 is doing nicely
picture.php

picture.php

bubba - not a bad attempt on this. not the easiest growth habit to scrog fo sho.
picture.php

and the mmg - which has done well. the colour of the leaves tells me that the biochar must be doing its work and holding onto some N for now. usually this strain goes much darker green than this.
picture.php

picture.php

all the plants bar the haze got a topdressing of EWC today which i think is a good idea after the stretch had stopped (which hopefully it has).

i need to decide what pollen to dust some buds with.
im thinking i should do
cherry bomb x bubba
cherry bomb x haze
deep chunk x bubba

and maybe CB x mmg - although this may be moving a little far into multi-hybrid territory for me, it's probably worth it as a genetic backup for the mmg, which the missus is quite fond of.

cheers

VG

g0vnaa

ICE Cream eater
Veteran
Looking great VG. Those screens will be full with awesome buds soon :dance013:
Great ideas on those crosses for sure.
cherry bomb x bubba
cherry bomb x haze
deep chunk x bubba
Those 3 sounds amazing. Some indica leaning and some sativa. Awesome ideas. I have seen some DCxBubba on the site and they looked awesome.
Good luck :ying::tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts