What's new

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic mod.scrog

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
Looking great as always.....got a q on the biochar.....what sort of size are you using? Like fine granules....or more like perlite?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
rudedog - thanks - yeah the EWC is a great way to solve a multitude of deficiencies and a good general tonic for the plants. the guys at the organic forum swear by it.

bootz - yeah i shall defo do that one!

g0v - yeah bubba x dc should be good. perhaps even back-cross to the bubba to get something close to bubba in seed form.

killerweed - thanks mate

blimey. the biochar is pretty much powder really. i got it from here because they have a great offer on atm
http://www.takesumi.co.uk/Home.html

cheers all :tiphat:

VG.

p.s. plants coming on well... haze was a little undervegged though - its budding up but not filled the screen yet..

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi all, i'm going to try and get some pics up tomorrow, been a busy summer but the new soil has done pretty well with the plants nearly 8 weeks in....

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking good there. I have been wanting to try something like this for awhile now just haven't done it.

Goodluck

Warped1

I'm a victim of fast women and slow horses
Veteran
Hell if you guys want to learn a few things, just hang around here, Verdant Green won't steer you wrong

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks guys, :)

all these pics are at 7.5 weeks.

bubba kush - this has done fine, and is looking pretty much ready - not sure how long they are meant to go.... i have to say that i'm loving the bubba smoke-wise. probably my favorite of all the international elites that i came by last year. (so far)
picture.php

picture.php

c4d 4 - also done well. looking forward to smoking this one, it stinks chemmy with a bit of fruitiness. frosty too
picture.php

picture.php

mmg. for this one i diluted the soil mix so it had less ferts - and it yellowed a bit early (the bubba and c4d got full strength mix)
it looks like it will still yield well though and the quality should be superb. been feeding it quite a bit. i would definitely say that the new soil has soaked up some of the ferts in there which is guess is to be expected with the bark and biochar. be interesting to see how it does when recycled next time....
picture.php

picture.php

and the haze6 - if you remember i didnt veg this and it looked a bit small.... well its done ok and mostly filled out the screen. the buds could get much bigger too as it still must have a few weeks left on 12/12. it had very diluted soil and also yellowed early, may have stayed a bit wet too on occasion but im gently feeding it and it seems to be coping
i know now that next time on 12/12 (id only run it on 10/14 before) i can give it a week or two veg and stronger soil.
not sure if the brown spots on the leaves are K deficiency or a result of it's feet getting too wet.
my main worry with the new soil was that it wouldnt hold enough water but that isnt the case - it probably holds more than my old mix...

picture.php

picture.php

cheers
VG:tiphat:

H

Habel

the bubba kush looks tasty! shame the haze didnt fill out, but i guess its a tricky one to judge

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
stra - thanks for the kind words!

habel - i think the haze will carry on filling out a bit more but i will defo veg it a little more than last time. not sure how long it will go under 12/12 - i think it was about 11 weeks under 10/14

hiya herb :tiphat: - that sounds good - always been curious to try the pk, and now ive discovered i like the bubba so much (thanks once again) i'm even keener to have a toke on it.

hi g0v, yeah the bubba is a top 5 for sure. i did make some seeds of the bubba with DC pollen and may try to grow some out and do a back-cross to the bubba.

cheesebuds - thanks for stopping by :ying:

hi mr jay :wave:

may chop the bubba ater this week - does 8-9 weeks sound to early?? its looking ripe...

VG