What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

VerdantGreen's quarters - 205w LED Organic Mod. ScrOG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey treefrog - sorry i missed you question before :) - i cant say i notice an increase in frostiness in the colder months, the major thing that cold does is increase the colour in plants. most colour is bought on by production of anthicyanins (sp?) which are a kind of antifreeze that the plant produces.

---

the Kentish cremes got chopped today at 9 and a half weeks
KC1
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

KC2
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

the sharksbreath is coming on nicely too - its gotten quite tall over the screen but nice short internodals
picture.php

picture.php

and the power black (sog gone scrog) is looking pretty good. the buds on the shorter phenos are pretty big. the sat phenos are filling out now but one of the 4 plants has yellowed quite a bit. small pots make this much more likely to happen
picture.php

cheers

VG

kava

Wow they do look awsome. You are doing an awsome job with the lights. Now that you have a few crops under your belt. Is there anything that you can say about the dialing in process of the lights and the strains that you have been running.Whats different and easier or harder. Just wondering
Thank you and stay safe
Signed kava (the lurker in the corner lol)

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey g0v i sure will. i have a fast dried sample to try tonite (i tend to just cut a bud into small pieces and it will dry in a day) - but i'll do a smoke report on the proper cured busd and try to post some pics.

kava, apart from the light bleaching, which seems to be strain dependent - there arent many differences on the whole between hps and LED. i guess this cab was designed for a 250hps and it should be a bit bigger/squarer for the LED. also LED dont give out very much heat which is great in the summer but in the winter i will have to use hps again because otherwise i would need to use 200-400watts of heating to keep the temps up.

VG

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
I love this one...

picture.php

What's the final yield on the KC looking like? A gram-per would be very nice work.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey blimey - yeah the frostiness is quite something, looks velvety :)
and i smoked a fast dried bud 24 hours after harvest - it was surprisingly smooth even then...

the harvest doesnt look too bad actually, i expected it to be low yielding but KC1, the better plant, may approach 1gpw - we will see.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey bootz that looks great - the bit of sativa from the dr atomic NL is really shining through still. im not around much for a week but am thinking of popping some of those soon

VG

S

schwagg

very nice verdant. i'm watching the sb that your using the comfrey on. looks just as beautiful as the rest of them.

U

unthing

Nice frosty plants there, especially those kentish cremes, sounds quite interesting, read a bit about it from another threads. Have yout thought about kentish creme x black forrest? Seems that the leds treating you good.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
just back from a week away, the plants survived in with their capillary matting watering system i bodged up. they were dry though by the time i got back. also the house didnt burn down which is always a relief ;)

hey scwagg the comfrey seems to be working well as a supplememntal feed for the SB. i have a few bottles of it in store...\

hi unthing, the KC x black forrest may be good although i would prefer to cross it with something with a shorter flower period. the KC x Herijuana seeds look a little immature but will probably be viable if i dont keep them too long.

hey sx i hear more about Essex girls :D just smoked on some KC and its a nice smooth smoke. to knackered after an 8.5 hour drive to say mouch more about it but it works!

verdecielo - thanks!, yeah the KC needs to be used in some more breeding projects. i have a few more seeds, these 2 were just to test it out really...

i'll get some pics up soon... they have come on nicely in a week and there is a herijuana girl in there that you havent seen yet...

ive held off popping new seeds as i knew it would be tough to keep tiny plants going. got a few to go in when i decide what to run next.

VG:cathug:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi all here are some pics
sharksbreath at 7 weeks
picture.php

picture.php

the powerblacks are pretty much ready - well the two fatter phenos are, ill give them (remember this is 4 plants) another week then take them all together. the sat phenos may be a bit early but hey. i have already harvested the seeded buds with the f2 seeds
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

and here is a herijuana that is about 4 weeks in. it started flowering under my 63w led unit and was put in the cab a week or 2 ago. looking forward to trying this.
picture.php

picture.php

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
should also mention that the yield for the 2 kentish creme plants was 72 grams which comes out as 0.8 gpw ,
or 0.65 gpw if i include the supplemental green/UV tubes

which for a low yielding strain is pretty reasonable.

its a great smoke, very smooth and quite a strong body relax effect without tiredness. fairly clear euphoric head. definitely has some trousers ;)

the Sharkbreath will be a great test for the LED's. ive run that the most under various lights already so will have good comparisons. its a good yielder

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey thanks SS its going pretty well. just put a few seeds in. some chemdog x sour diesel that have popped nicely, and some original haze (seedsman from sam's original stock allegedly) no show from them yet but may take a while or may be too old)

very excited to have received a few bits from Mr Greengenes including his legendary cherry bomb - so some of those will be in the ground asap

VG

oldbootz

Veteran
awesome VG you are trying out the original haze !!! this is a HUUUUGE project i hear as only 1-5% of the seed stocks that sam skunkman had would show the true genetic potential. however, many better yielding mexican leaning versions were found by some dutch growers and are available in clone form in Amsterdam. here is a pic of the rockstar plant that Tom Hill advertises his Original Haze with:

The description he gives:
"Haze

Indoor / outdoor
Haze is a four-way hybrid of some of the finest narrow-leaf tropicals that the world has ever known (Mexico, Colombia, S. India, Thailand), so the legend goes. A long flowering plant that gives wispy yields of the highest quality. This line is out of Sam Skunkmans stock by way of Positronics seeds ("Original Haze") circa mid 1990's.
It does not breed true for its intoxicating properties, however the best examples (approx 5%) are electrifyingly cerebral. For decades, words have utterly failed to fully capture the intensity of effect that a good example of Haze can give - it is absolutely in a league of its own and must be experienced.

Indoor flowering 14 to 16 weeks"

i hope you find something like this ! i have been very interested in finding ~space~ for chewing threw these genetics until i find THE ONE. haha

blimblom

VG you convinced me , not going for a small HPS , and try to build up a DIY LED system. Your journal is awesome as always have been, LEDs or not.

I'm also a scrog believer but quite newbie (only one run). and I have some questions for you.

It seems that you have tried so many varieties that I lost count. Im looking for something thats scrogs good and is mostly high in the head (relaxing is good but I dont like the sleepy effect lol). I trust your experience so could you point me out one-two of your favorite varieties with these properties?

In my run, I used bag seed and was pretty lucky. I cut them early and the high was mostly in the head, but in this run, id like to try something tested, thats why I ask you.

And my second question related to the first, is where do you get your seeds?

(also if you have a description of the water system for going away for a week it would be perfect :)

thanks again for all the knowledge you have shared.

keep growing