What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

VerdantGreen's quarters - 205w LED Organic Mod. ScrOG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hazy - yeah Kentish Creme x Herijuana :) originally wanted to do Kentish creme x Deep chunk but neither of those strains seem to like branching very uch so i thought the heri would be a better match. it may help with the structure like you say - but one of the KC's i have (from S1 seeds) really has such brittle branches i have just gone for KC1 which is similar in structure but the branches are much less brittle. KC2 the other one i have snapped quite a few branches on, more snaps here than all the other plants i have scrogged in the last few years put together! grrrrr!
the blueberry pollen sounds good, blue cindy hell yeah. i have some cindy 99 beans in the freezer to pop at some point. and some blueberry regular seeds which i hope to get a good male from to make seeds with my blueberry cut. take care bro :)

bootz! - nice to see you around :) the power black was flipped after about 3 days veg so the start of flowering isnt really distinct time wise. there is quite a bit of variation between the 4 plants. im hoping to get some decent photos of it soon. its tricky getting them out of the cab tbh

used my homemade comfrey extract on the sharksbreath again. it certainly seems happy on it (although its in a fairly rich soil mix too) i will up the dose a little next time. it stinks like silage.

VG

kava

Hey Verdant I must say that everything is looking great. You make it look so easy. I have been stopping by and checking in here and I dont do a lot of posting. My signature will tell you why and I will leave it at that.
Stay safe and be carefull
Signed kava

420ish

how tall do you let them grow over the screen?looks like a foot or so.the led has no problem penetrating that?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
kava - thanks! glad you like :)

hey MB - yeah the KC is a frosty one thats for sure.

420-ish - not so much a case of 'letting' them grow a foot above the screen, these are just very stretchy sativa dom plants. when you grow a strain for the first time, there is a fair amount of guesswork involved and once the screen is full the only way is up. that said i think these are within reasonable limits, ive had taller ones. in an ideal world i like to get about 5-6 inches of cola above the screen. ill try and get a pic of a nug at screen level. the canopy isnt too dense so a fair amount of light is getting through, and the green supplemental lighting i am using is also there to penetrate the canopy better.

cheers

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi madds :tiphat:

hey lonelystoner - its 24x28 and about 3' height of growing space. should say at the start of the thread. it was designed for a 250 hps and it would be better at about 28' or 30' square for this led unit.

---

gt some pics of the power black. this is my cross -
powerplant x black forrest
somewhere about 5 or 6 weeks...
seems to be 2 different pheno's this time. this is the more powerplant dominant one i would say
picture.php

picture.php

and this pheno is much more sativa and less far into flowering - which should make it fun at harvest time because they are all tied to the same screen! :laughing:
strangely the sativa phenos look quite hungry - maybe the extra stretch. gave them a feed
picture.php

this is the whole canopy - if you can call it that. he f2 seeds are all looking well developed though which was the point of all this :jump:
picture.php

cheers

VG

jordan471

hi madds :tiphat:

hey lonelystoner - its 24x28 and about 3' height of growing space. should say at the start of the thread. it was designed for a 250 hps and it would be better at about 28' or 30' square for this led unit.

---

gt some pics of the power black. this is my cross -
powerplant x black forrest
somewhere about 5 or 6 weeks...
seems to be 2 different pheno's this time. this is the more powerplant dominant one i would say
picture.php

picture.php

and this pheno is much more sativa and less far into flowering - which should make it fun at harvest time because they are all tied to the same screen! :laughing:
strangely the sativa phenos look quite hungry - maybe the extra stretch. gave them a feed
picture.php

this is the whole canopy - if you can call it that. he f2 seeds are all looking well developed though which was the point of all this :jump:
picture.php

cheers

VG
pleasant surpise that you can use it in a bigger space no?

-BG-

Mad thread man :yes: very inspiring..! Just finished reading all this...thanks for the great tips and pics...I have to try this modular method in my next grow...

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey bootz yeah last time i grew the power black the plants were both pretty much the same. this time i seem to have 2 the same as before and 2 more sativa pheno.

-BG- hi and thanks. yeah the modular scrog is a good way to maximise yield yet still have the flexibility to grew different strains and keep the canopy even. also with new strains from seed you always want to be able to keep a close eye on them and doing it this way you can get them out and look for nanners/problems.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi all, tried to get some decent pics of the Kentish Creme S1's
at 8 weeks - they seem to be getting frostier and frostier - the yield will be low but im looking forward to smoking this
KC1
picture.php

KC2 - bit of a mess
picture.php

and some nugshots
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

and the sharksbreath at 23days nice canopy - this should be a good yield test!
picture.php

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah, i think this is the most frosty strain ive grown, the UV might be helping a bit too.
they still have a week or two to go so if they carry on frosting up at this rate they will be a sight to behold come harvest time....

i pollinated a bud on the sharksbreath with heriuana pollen today too. that should be an interesting cross.... also gonna dust the sharksbreath i have in the micro cab (link below) with some Deep Chunk pollen i still have in the freezer.

VG

T

treefrog

Hey Verdant ~ Do you find that the resin increases in the cooler, winter months?

dondeago

Need to pick your brains again dude.....

Need to pick your brains again dude.....

Hi verd,
Well i'm on the right thread this time:) .
I have a couple of questions if ya don't mind...

I've been reading up alot about the height the lamp needs to be away from the tops of the plants. i have a really restricted height for my flower cab because the bird made me design the cab more stealthy. This means that i had to build the mother + clone room into the bottom of the box. This leaves me with 75cm from floor to the base of my lamp. Can you confirm that this isn't enough room???
I just need a second opinion before i gut the cab:badday:

Second..... have you formed any solid opinions on the distances needed?? I thing my unit is a little more powerful than yours but it seems like a good yard stick to start from. Opinions are so divided on the subject that i can't form a decent opinion of my own...

and on a plus note i got hold of a blue cheese to reveg :jump:
3-4 weeks and i'll be rockin:plant grow:
Cheers Pal......

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey dondeago, 75cm is tight, but i have less than that in my microcab with the custom light - and imo, having limited height can actually do you a favor because it forces you to train in a way that gets more buds close to the light and therefore more yield.

as for distance, it depends on strain and i would need to know the spec of your light, but generally you can keep them 6 inches or less if they dont suffer from light-bleaching, in which case you would need more like 8-9 inches distance.

with my custom light in the other thread, i got the LED lenses at 90 degrees so as to spread the light a bit quicker and allow me to keep the plants close. with 60 degree lenses and the same light i wouldnt be able to so that. i think hazy found that he needed to keep some strains a foot away from his 345w unit to avoid light bleaching.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the Kentish Cremes will come down on sunday i think - at about 9.5 weeks. ill get some pics and an update then :)

VG