What's new

VerdantGreen's 63 Watt LED Micro Cab.

LEDGirl

Veteran
so we are just over 5 weeks - nugs are still smallish but rock hard and frosty. still added nothing but water at this stage.

Wait, you don't add nutrients? Or am I not reading that correctly? I'm not a soil grower by any means, but when flushing isn't it supposed to be the last week?

qdavid

First of all, great job VG. Those plants look yummers. But this old, feeble, easily confused stoner doesn't understand. This thread was started in early Dec. '09. Then I saw where you were already flowering 15Dec. Did you go 12/12 from seed? But you're hoping for yield >1gm/wt? I think you did say you started from clones. Did you start the thread later, after some vegging? As you can see, I'm confused. Easy to do. Again, good on 'ya. Cool grow.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi MeanBean - the plant is the same size as previous pics as it has stopped sretching now. Just the buds are getting bigger ;). i'll try and get another shot of the whole plant nect time ;)

yesum, b00m, superpedro - thanks for stopping by :D

LEDgirl - my method is organic soil where the medium is amended with various composts, ferts and amendments which will often be all that is needed for the whole of flowering (remember its a big pot 3-4 gallons) the idea is that the plant will take what it needs as it needs it from the soil rather than the grower trying to dedide what the plant needs. with properly executed organics the plant can even 'communicate' with the microbes - it will exude various carbs from it's roots to feed the correct microbes that then in turn feed the plant what it needs. sometimes the plant starts to look hungry before the end and then i will give it something extra.
here is the soil mix i use atm - after the weed is harvested it gets used in my garden as potting compost and mulch :)

3 parts peat
2 parts topsoil
3 parts perlite
1 part mushroom compost
1 part wormcasts

dolomite lime 5g/litre
N guano - 5g/litre
P guano - 5g/litre
Rock phosphate 5g/l
rock potash 5g/l
seaweed meal 5g/l

then i add 2 litres of coco for every 10 litres of soil.

qdavid - the two NL cuttings shown in the very first post were not used in the end and a vegged Martian Mean Green plant was used for the first run in there. i edited the first post in bold print to point this out and have reminded people of it regularly since - sorry if it wasnt clear to you. The NL is a bigger yielder than the MMG but it would have needed a few weeks veg and i had the MMG ready and nowhere else for it to go (also i prefer the smoke tbh ;) )

cheers

V.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi botanist - yes im expecting them to get bigger

i often do use a little molasses - 1 teaspoon / gallon - towards the end.

i fitted a 2" computer fan in the cab today blowing between the light and the canopy.
pics tomorrow maybe

cheers

V.

Strains

how did i miss this? oh well right in time for the show i see :D
Plants look really healthy btw!
Il tag along if you dont mind V

- Strains

LEDGirl

Veteran
Hey V: thanks for the explanation on the soil. As you know, I have very little experience with soil in general, as all of my plants are done in hydro. I did just plant some strawberries in organic potting soil though lol... They look very happy under a 126W. :) I'll make sure not to feed them to much thanks to your explanation ;)

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Strains - sure, hop on, it's just getting interesting ;)

LEDGirl - no problem, good luck with the strawberries. if its a 'read made' complete soil then they shouldnt need feeding for a bit.

botanist85 - thanks mate.

---

ok i took a couple pics of the whole plant today at 40 days. as you can see there are a couple of gaps in the canopy but i'm quite happy for a first attempt in a new cab :)
from one side
picture.php

and the other side
picture.php

and here is a shot into the cab with the new 2" computer fan fitted in the corner. i just drive a screw through one of the holes and them mount it in the corner. it's wired up to a variable voltage transformer/wall wart type thing so i can vary the speed.

picture.php

V.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I am jealous of ur led cab and plant/s.

what a great job u have done here. and in the future I am future gunna get me 1 of these led light systems thats fo sho.

where did u get urs. thanks for shareing ur grow.

I am jealous of ur led cab and plant/s.

what a great job u have done here. and in the future I am future gunna get me 1 of these led light systems thats fo sho.

where did u get urs. thanks for shareing ur grow.

I'm jealous too, but for that price, i'm gonna have to wait to see some yields first.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
#1cheesebuds - thanks :) - for these LED units check the link on LEDGirl's sig 2 posts up. she has a forum on the front page of ic if you look down a bit.

hi Marijuanasaur, out of interest what kind of yield would convince you? (bear in mind that MMG is a haze hybrid and not a particularly high yielder)

LEDGirl - cheers :) - this is just one plant but for a less stretchy strain i would probably run 2 in there.

Mediscrogs - thanks for stopping by - that reminds me i need to check out your scrog :D

V.

I'm not really sure what I'm expecting to see. I've never seen any LED grown buds, but if they are nice and dense and plentiful, then I would be excited. I'm thinking it would take about 3 zips to impress me. Otherwise it really cant compete with the other technologies.

BL4ZE20

Your grow is looking good verdant. I check this thread pretty often but this is the first time i've posted I believe. I'm interested in these led's and am glad your using the 63w model since it's the only one that'll fit in my current cab. Now we just have to wait and see what kind of yeild these led's can get since that will be the deciding factor (for me anyways)

Keep up the good work

LEDGirl

Veteran
I'm not really sure what I'm expecting to see. I've never seen any LED grown buds, but if they are nice and dense and plentiful, then I would be excited. I'm thinking it would take about 3 zips to impress me. Otherwise it really cant compete with the other technologies.

3 ounces x 28 grams = 86 grams

1st Gen 63W = 45W "targeted spectral output", 12W white, 6W Infrared.

86/63 = 1.37gpw

86/45 = 1.9gpw

Guess we'll wait and see :biggrin:

D

DrGreenFingerz

Personally I think 2 ounces would be pretty impressive and definitely worth the investment. For those of us dealing with heat issues LEDs are a God send. Been seeing some pretty impressive results lately. This is one of them.

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
I am very interested in the whole LED idea..most definately going to be watching this..
Good luck!!

Latest posts

Latest posts