What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

VerdantGreen's 104 watt micro grow with custom HG LED (ScrOG)

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey colorado - yeah they arent cheep but for grows this size i thin they take some beating, especially if heat is an issue.

the hazes are really kicking now. im down to 10/14 light cycle but no show of sex yet...

VG

U

unthing

Haze..it'll be interesting. Leds may reduce stretch amd make it more manageable?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thats true unthing, LED's might reduce stretch on the haze. its gonna be a tough one to get it to flower in this cab, height is very restricted. the good thing about the 90 degree lenses - although it reduces the penetration - is that the tops can be a bit closer to the light so it saves a little height.

VG

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Amazing work as usual Verdant I am just a little jealous...but in a good way! Keep the updates and photos coming! I am particularly interested to see how that Haze turns out for you.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks BT - im hoping to have a final weight on the SB in the next couple of days

and photos tomorrow of the haze

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey all here are the hazes. i have six plants but hope to flower just 2 in the cab. they are showing signs of sex which is promising but it will be a while i think before i can sex them definitively.
haze1
picture.php

haze2
picture.php

haze3
picture.php

haze4
picture.php

haze5
picture.php

haze6 - this us the one with the slightly fatter leaves
picture.php

VG

Nice!
I have a feeling these will require all of your considerable scrogging chops, lol.
At least, they should be easy to train, that is, bendy.
Maybe more of a swirling pattern?

Masterlow

Hey VG, nice looking hazes. You said you'll be flowering 2 in the cab, will you be using bigger screens than normal to accommodate for the stretch, or you going with your regular sized mod scrog?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
frankensensi - yeah i like a challenge but the hazes may be a step too far in this tiny cab :) we will see - thanks for the support

masterlow - the screens will be the same size as in the other cab (my 250 hps one) so about a 12x14". the longer term plan with the cab is to be able to use it to veg plants into their big pots before going into the big cab (this would benefit some of the indicas perhaps - up until now ive not had a veg cab big enough). so this cab at 24x15 is basically half the size of my big cab which should make things versatile. i can fit 2 pots/modules in there and either veg them or even take them through stretch and early flower under the LED (maybe this will reduce stretch) and then move them into the 250 cab. but all that is in the future - the hazes will take until at least christmas ;)

the really sensible thing to have done would be to just clone the haze seedplants and then flower the clones, that may still happen if things get out of hand. actually they are already getting out of hand lol - the things are big already and not shown sex...

VG

benyboi

Definitely giving you props for under taking the grow. Very interested how its goin to work out. I think its going to be awesome!!! :tiphat:

Im kinda jealous of that light too!!! :)

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks benyboi :) - i feel a bit better about it now because i noticed that i have one definite female (hz 6 - the one with the slightly fatter leaves) and hz 3 looks like it might be a girl too - so i can at least move onto the next stage soon. phew.

---

the yield on the sharksbreath was just over 100g so around 1g/watt. its worth noting that i got a better gpw from this cut in my other cab using LED at a lower watts/square foot. - so using the light in an undersized cab makes for an impressive looking plant but is not very efficient :) im very happy with the quality of the nugs though - no-one would have any complaints about that ;)

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi all, we have one defininite haze girl - haze 6
picture.php

and haze 1, the most compact, im pretty confident is going to be a girl too.
picture.php

so, now for the first repot which is supposed to take me through to 6-8 weeks flower - the constricted roots should help keep the size down, and then i will repot again for the last 10 weeks or so. this is how best to grow haze indoors according to doobie and the guys in the ace forum :wave:
the only problem is how do you repot in the middle of a scrog? - let me present my cunning plan :D

yes its a pot cut in half - stay with me :ying:
picture.php

here is haze 6 potted up into the same pot ( that has been taped back together )
picture.php

so the plan is to prop this taped pot up inside the bigger scrog module pot - resting on some blocks to give some space underneath too. then when the stretch is finished i can (in theory) pull one side of the pot off and backfill with soil, then the other side - and this idea is that the plant will get repotted without having to move the plant or disturb the scrog :dance013:
will it work? we will see :blowbubbles:

cheers

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cheers g0v yeah theres enough there already to mostly fill one of my little screens - just over a foot square. they have a strange growth habit, as you can see the sidebranches are growing strongly outwards instead of going out a bit and straight up like most strains do after topping. they do seem willing to form longer shoots lower down the sidebranches though which is a good sign. with seed plants (especially sativas) its often harder to divert the growth hormones from the main tops and get the sidebuds to form colas when you scrog. cuttings nearly always do it much better.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi all, haze 6 is now in it's pot with screen fitted at the back of the cab. i realised that i wouldnt have enough room to get the base of the smaller pot off when it was in the module so i just potted it straight into it's final pot. tbh it looks like it is going into bud fairly fast so hopefully it will top out quick enough. none of the rest have showed sex yet - except for haze 1 which is a boy (and the most compact by far)
i have to chuck one away too as there wasnt room. i still have a cut of it anyway.
heres a pic of the scroh at the back and the 3 remaining hazes at the front. they are showing signs of being rootbound now so hopefully will show sex soon so they can be repotted
picture.php

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it's sativa madness in there dude!

lol - yeah they are very hardcore sativa looking plants for sure. i just wish i could get another girl sexed and then i can get both scrog modules going. they are very constricted in their pots atm but that will help sex them quicker. not nice watching the leafs yellowing though. hopefully another couple days will do it.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ok, sorry for the picture-less update - didnt have time to take any, kids on half term. but when i had looked today all of the three remaining plants had shown female. i chose one and potted it up into it's module. the first plant is doing ok but to me it looks like it will not stretch much more, which in some ways is good but i think it will leave the canopy a little sparse as i was expecting much more stretch. i may be wrong about it though. the remaining plants were chopped but i have clones of them all so hopefully will flower them out some time in the future.

VG

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
Hey VG, looking good dude. Glad I've started lurking again and catching up with what everyone has been doing. I'm always blown away by your skills and always trust your opinion on growing matters - the LED sellers are def onto a winner with you testing their products.:dance013:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts