What's new

VerdantGreen's 104 watt micro grow with custom HG LED (ScrOG)

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks guys, this is a promising pheno, putting on weight nicely and smelling quite powerplant like but also a lemony smell

here it is today at about 5 weeks.
picture.php

nug
picture.php

the CS experiment - ive cut the branches off the two plants im trying to reverse now and have them in jars of water - no pollen yet... im trying to wait till the male flowers open naturally, shouldnt be long now but who knows? seems rather slow.

i'll get some pics of those as soon as i can

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
just a quick update on the cuts that i was treating with CS to reverse.
finally today i got some pollen off both of them so i'm really pleased about that... in the nick of time to make some seeds in my bigger cab.
here is the bubba
picture.php

and here is the shark1 - this also shows how i have (hopefully) pulled this off in my cabs which are all plumbed into each other vent wise. ive cut branches and they are sitting in a jar of water, in a deep plastic container and out of range of any fans etc. with careful handling i can take out the jars and pick off the opening flowers - i do this in a different room of course!
picture.php

hopefully i'll make a whole bunch of bubba s1's in the near future... and a few fem crosses too.if im successful i may even stick a few packs of bubba s1's up on the bay....

VG

tronkyx

Hey VG,

How long did you sprayed those branches?, How much CS did you spend on them?, Concentration (ppm)? and I apreciate every advise for newbies like me, please.

Thanks from Mexico
Tronkyx

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
Verdant Green,
that's what happened to me. a cab to grow, oops, now i need a veg cab.... damn, now i need breeding cab... :D

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
tronyx - the CS has been a learning curve for me, and its hard to draw conclusions. i have been spraying the plants every 2-3 days, starting a couple weeks before i put them into flower.

first off i used some cheep CS that i bought, but then i read that this wouldnt be strong enough so i bought some .999 silver wire and made my own using distilled water as shown in the CS thread. this seemed to produce some male flowers... but then i also bought some 30 ppm CS and sprayed with that for the last week or two.
probably would have worked with the home made stuff but i wanted to be certain.
also i used a totally separate plant for the CS rater than spraying a branch of a bigger plant - i didnt want any epigenetic effects to carry through to the seeds so i will be using a totally separate plant for the seeds too.

looks like the pollen has taken too. i dusted some buds with the shark1 pollen today. truthfully speaking my shark1 cut is actually a very old sharksbreath cut back from when DeeNA were making regular seeds. its Great whits shark x lamsbreath (i personally doubt the lamsbreath bit - those guys tell some tall tales) anyway i have kept this cut for quite some time and am pretty attached to it as it is great for pain relief, has a good bodystone with a nice head high and is a great yielder.. i kept this cut over ECSD, giesel, trainwreck, uk cheese and quite a few other elites.
so today i made some shark1 s1's
and some MMG x shark1 ( given that mmg is a sharksbreath cross - this is actually a bx to the shark)
and also some chem d x shark1

so hopefully the pollen is good and we get some seeds :dance013:

GP73 - yeah i kwym! i already have 4 cabs :D but i will be shuffling round the lights (i have a couple of new toys ;) ) and i need a cab which has it's own separate vent system so that im not playing potentially dangerous games with pollen - watch this space :)

bootz - yeah it looks promising, smells very PP like but has a nice lemony grassy smell with it too. could be a good yielder i think.

VG

tronkyx

Thanks VG,

My biggest problem is that I don't speak or write english correctly, but I'm trying to explain to myself, so, I'm a dentist overhere in my country, also I'm a naturist healer, like accupuncture, homeopaty, magnet therapy, etc, so I know how to make CS for my clients, I've made some 42ppm CS for reversing my females, but before I start I had to ask you your experience with this stuff.

I've compiled, edited and traslate from english to spanish a document with te most important info and pics from the PhenoMenal and Jump's thread. Very usefull the jump's thread, it's a must read. I made this for my friends and all spanish speakers in the world.

Also over here is too hard to find some stuff like STS, but silver in my country is very cheap, .9999 silver costs around one dollar or less for 1gr. So I've bought 30gr in a bar form. My DC adaptor runs 30V at 880mA, if I make CS from pure distilled water it takes to get to 13ppm about 3 hours, but I found that if I leech, prime or put some CS from another batch, let's say 1/3 of the glass and the rest with distilled water it takes just one hour. So if I want to make some 42ppm CS it takes about 3 to 5 hours if I prime, if I don't, it takes about 12 to 24 hours, also I've been cleaning my silver bars, filter my solution and switch the polarity every 3 hours, for me this is piece of cake. I don't know why so many people say that it's hard to get to 40ppm.

Thanks for your help, I'd like to have some Shark1 S1 seeds, let me know if you need testers hahahahha.

Tronkyx

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey g0v yeah there should be some fire in those fem crosses ! im quite excited to grow the chem d x bubba as i have a theory that they are related somehow...

looks like all the pollen has taken too...

tronyx it sounds like you are an expert at making CS! you should post in the CS thread about how you make 40 ppm. i havent seen jump's thread - you got a link??

speedemon - thanks for stopping by mate :)

Ed - so do i, i'll sleep easier in my bed knowing ive got S1's of my favorite cuts - its not like they will all be exactly the same as the cut.. but go through 10 or 20 and there is bound to be something pretty close i hope - because - one day i will have to stop growing for a few years and not keep any mums - my kids are getting older and ive had a pretty good innings already tbh.

VG

tronkyx

Hi VG,

Actually I've been making CS for 12 years or more, always 13ppm CS for human/animal use, due to it's antimicrobial action. But only 2 or 3 batchs with 38-42ppm, so I'm not an expert because I'm not a scientist but as a Dr I've been doing my homework and research. And yeah maybe one day I'll post my method, but again, my childish english is a problem for me, some times I don't find the right word and for me this is stressful.

Btw, here's jump's link: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=161293

Cheers
Tronkyx

P.S. Oh I forget to tell you that my nick-name is TRONKYX with the "K" in the middle, I'm just saying, not complaining hahahahaha.

oldbootz

Veteran
send clones of your moms to some new homes and in time they will be returned to you. i gave a guy down here some black cheese cuttings and its been 3 years now and he still has it if i ever lose it i can get it back from him.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
tronKyx - yeah sorry, sometimes i read things wrong and once i do i tend to just carry on making the same mistake! thanks for the link!
if you decide to tru and reverse something with 30+ ppm CS i would start by spraying every 2-3 days about a week or two before you go to flower. then keep notes as to how well it works.

bootz! - yeah i pass cuts out to who u can but i dont really know many growers any more...

----

here is the power black f2 at about 7 weeks
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

VG :tiphat:

g0vnaa

ICE Cream eater
Veteran
Those Power Black tops look familiar :p
Got some shity pics with my phone of hoarded tops of a big PB plant.
This bid was HUGE when whet.
Now its shrieked into a small cute lollipop :pP
Rock hard thou !

picture.php

picture.php

This is the biggest top.
Rock hard, full of resin.
My damn phone camera sux big time...
These pics really don`t give the buds a justice...

oldbootz

Veteran
i think it is safe to say that your crosses kick ass VG, black cheese has become legendary in my area.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks guys, sorry for the late reply. i may have some power black pollen left in the freezer but i doubt its viable anymore - but yeah the two crosses i made turned out OK. cant wait to try this F2

and here is the power black F2 - got harvested yesterday at about 10 weeks. lot of buds there.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

all change now, this custom unit is going back into the smaller cab as it runs a bit too hot in the present one.

VG