What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Question on Pollen Production

jump117

Veteran
I'd like to know your opinion on NPKMgCaS.. profile to improve Colloidal Silver -induced female pollen production from females,

should it be the same as for sensi-flowering with low N and high PK or should it be corrected in any way for male pollen production?

Thank you.

PS
Few pix of getting K2 regular male not a ladyboy pollen.

you never get a whole lot with silver but it does vary from strain to strain what your getting looks good for silver. as for npk use a standard flower ratio. what silver are you using sts or homemade ionized silver? and what strain is that you reversed?

jump117

Veteran
I've typed "CS" (colloidal silver) above and I've posted the photo of the device.

The strain is the cross (WRussian * K2) named Sugar_Kremlin
in dedication for "Rus" and "K" in parents names and the modern book by V.Sorokin wich I do appreciate so much,
if I do have the right to name it.

The seeds were accidentally washed in washing machine in jeans pocket in ziplock but remain alive.

LadyBoy's twin sister clone waiting to be polinated.

The cross (WRussian * K2) that I've named Sugar_Kremlin

in dedication for "Rus" and "K" in parents names and the modern book by V.Sorokin wich I do appreciate so much,

shows its LadyBalls after CS stimulation.

Sprayed daily or twice a day, 50 ppm 9999Ag, 3V , polarity changes periodically, takes 36 hours and one filtration in the middle and one in the end.

LadyBoy's twin sister clone
In contrast to regular males they are not going to open by itself.

Banana bunch micro surgery.

His/her non-stimulated twin sister.

jump117

Veteran
The leaves are glittering with metal silver, the demage looks as a bronze tan.

All the flowers are stalkless and placed in a very dense clusters. They start to open in sessile position.

Flowers unlock but have no space enough to spread its petals.
Tweezers help to pull the ready ones out. Double Lens Head-wearing Type Magnifier with Lights is helpful also.

His/her dad was a regular male K2 with regular flowers. Probably there is the way to prevent this kind of rosetting. Probably Zn?

Overwhelming majority of the flowers have only male pollen sacs (5) and underdeveloped petals but a few have also female pistil and fragments of calyx.

Today it is almost two weeks of she-male flowering and daily pollen collection, and it doesn't seem to stop yet.
The pollen yield now is one+ cubic centimeter.
I think the myth of cs-pollen low yield is busted.

No need to improve pollen production. Flowering on customary regime from NPK 76-104-210 to NPK 0-120-223 + micro mix.

i only ask because i use both with good results. i no longer use ga3 as the results are not as good. how long did you run your charger for your ionized silver batches and what voltage and ma rating is your charger? i recently reversed j-1(jack herer*skunk#1clone) and also blue dot waiting for the balls to open now.

jump117

Veteran
Hi bicycle racer, this is my first attempt on feminization. I can not compare this by the strain.

CS she-male flowering differs from the regular ones with its dense clustering. I wonder if Zn will help.

I use Chinese made DC adaptor switching voltage and polarity. I did this three times on 12V, 4.5V and 3V.
Black metal silver that isn’t good appears more on 12V.
I didn’t metered the current. They say optimum is at 16mA.

From another source -
"I've done a lot of experimenting and actually prefer keeping the current much lower, around max .28 milliamps, using a 30VDC power supply. This keeps the solution crystal clear, which tells me that the end product has extremely small particles. "

My first attempt was failed with pharmacy spray "35ppm Ag+9999" on the label.
It was colourless liquid a little opalescent. The TDS-meter reading was 50ppm.
There was no sign of she-male metamorphosing and the clone flowering was finished as a female.

They describe the electrolyses as a complete process that includes interaction between silver metal particles of various sizes and ionic Ag+.
Metal Ag particles appear in two forms – a black sediment on electrode, flakes floating in the liquid and a silver mirror film on the surface of the water.
Both forms of metal Ag are useless and harmful because of clustering Ag+ ions on their surfaces. Silver Ag+ ions stick together with metal that decreases CS activity.

From this point the stirring or bubbling the solution is causing blocking Ag+ on the metal catchers and is not useful while common sense is contradictory dictates to stir.

The less the number and size of a metal particles, the better.
Its size and number depends mainly on the current density that depends on current applied, square of electrodes and a distance between, conductivity of the liquid and others.

An electronic controller is needed to prevent and to decrease a metal particles appearance and to provide more efficient Ag+ production.
In the absence of automatic control I had to do the service manually.
Every one or two hours I turned off, read TDS, switch polarity and turn on.
When ppm rising is stuck I clean up the electrodes and coffee-filter the solution.

I use Ag9999 from a laboratory back from the last century.
The final CS-liquid has grey-brown opalescent and likes a tea.
It was 52ppm and now after 10 days of shelf life it is 45ppm.

I also have read the ammonia increases CS activity.

you seem to be making good batches and your pollen production is the best i have seen for fems with silver. i have also been told the lower the voltage and ma rating give smaller particles which can pass through cell walls. i have made fems this way but you are getting superior amounts of pollen i think the issue for me is my charger is 24v 400ma which is maybe too much. lately because of this i have been using sts and ionized silver in rotation or mixed together. i spray for about 10 days in veg every other day and 1 to 3 times once flowered. this method is working for me but i want to get the same charger your using where did you pick it up?

jump117

Veteran
Not sure the kind of adaptor will play the role.

Current control device is needed to provide the best result in terms of Ag clusters size.

But is it really need to be upgrade when it works? Only in purpose to minimize Ag waste? That doesn't really matter.

Look through the link given by PhenoMenal. There was given some descriptions of a current controls.

http://www.quantumbalancing.com/makeyourowncs.htm

Quote: "I've done a lot of experimenting and actually prefer keeping the current much lower, around max .28 milliamps, using a 30VDC power supply. This keeps the solution crystal clear, which tells me that the end product has extremely small particles. "

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool snizz

Next time,, try cutting a ladyboy branch (lol) and place it in a glass of water... call it an experiement.. you should reap ladyboy pollen in 3-5 days,, if ladyboy pollen is anything like masculine pollen.. hehe :D

7253NYCDmaleflowers.JPG

Otherwise easy up on watering... haha

All the best

with my current charger i max out around 30ppm im going to filter the solution and see if i cant get up to 45-50ppm. the 30ppm batches will work but i want to maximize pollen production.

jump117

Veteran
ppm stuck

ppm stuck

I see the situation as followed:

The higher ppm - the higher conductivity - the higher current -

-the more Ag+ ions produced and in the same time the bigger size and amount of a metal particles pulled off -

-the more Ag+ will be catched and blocked into clusters on the metal surfaces,

this works in opposite to Ag+ ionisation and stucks ppm rising.

The process limits itself thus any sources claims impossible to achieve more than 40ppm by electrolysis.

Have to reduce the current and/or to remove a metal particles.

as i have thought all along i need a lower watt lower ma charger i already use pure silver and 0ppm distilled water to keep conductivity to a minimum. im going to go to radio shack and find a better one. although my silver works it maxes out around 31ppm. your getting more pollen which is the purpose and the obvious most likely reason is higher ppm of your spray although it could also be partly the strain as i have found some are very hard to flip. out of curiosity what is your spray regimen? i spray in veg for 7 to 10 days and once or twice in 12/12.

jump117

Veteran
I used much more intensive spray regimen.
I sprayed daily or even twice a day started a week (?) before 12/12.
First sprayed all the folia through up and down, very rich, until dripping from leaves to a substrate.
Later focused spaying on flowers. Wet with CS all the clusters through.
When dusting sprayed daily after a daily pollen reaping.

it may then have more to do with application as from what i have read not too much silver ions are needed to inhibit ethylene production maybe though the effect wears off after a few weeks of fresh growth. im going to test different regimens in the future as well as including sts in these tests. i was able to bring my ppms up to 40+ with repeated straining of sediment.

jump117

Veteran
STS is toxic and limited in time. Why don't you give it up?

There is a lot of area for researches inside CS theme.

now with repeated strainings of the solution and cleaning and switching the coins from positive to negative i have gotten past 50ppm with the same charger(24v dc 400ma) i was using though it is eating up my coins so not real efficient but works nonetheless.

Latest posts

Latest posts