What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

VerdantGreen's 104 watt micro grow with custom HG LED (ScrOG)

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for stopping by cheesebuds, yeah this plant has real yield potential so i hope it smokes well, certainly smells nice like a lemony floral powerplant, but it has that 'nice' smell rather than a potent smell, so we will see.

right, so the light has moved back to the smaller cab which is better ventilated and measures about 11" x 19" and i have a well vegged cherryjuana that has gone in there. i fitted the screen a couple days ago after about a weeks flower
this is a cut of the plant that i grew sog style under this light a whiel back. its a bit strange, small leaves and slow to root but it seemed to grow large dense buds anyhow so i wanted to try it on a screen.

with the screen squashed on - instant fill!
picture.php

and here it is a couple days later - at about 1 weeks flower i think
picture.php

cheers

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah its shaping up fairly well ed. strange plant/pheno this cherryjuana. quite small leaves. really dense buds last time i grew it (from seed) so i really wanted to do a scrog with it. in the smaller cab where the light is now its quite high watts per sq ft so we should see some decent sized nugs.

---

the Power black plant weighed in at 49.5 grams which is pretty decent (plant took up half the bigger cab that the light was in previously.
i put my finger on the small and taste - its blackcurrent. nice smoke but it needs a week in the jar before give it a full road test.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i think we are at about 2 weeks now for this cherryjuana
picture.php

picture.php

not sure if i mentioned that i added 10% aged pine bark chippings to this soil mix to try and keep the pH from rising too much as the grow progresses. hopefully the plants will look as happy as this in another 4-6 weeks

VG

DrFever

Veteran
those look awesome well done not sure if you seen my scrog from growing hundreds of plants i lowered my count large lol my next scrog is going to be the bomb 16 plant 8 foot by 20 foot scrog table 10 - 12,000 watt here are my babys under flourescents i like doing tree scrogs where as i can almost walk underneath table note how i lean them on there side it helps when i transplant shortly to tie them to pots an train them around

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
How have you found the Cherryjuana for training?.....mine have all had very sturdy stems....

Cherryjuana from seed. 20 days veg, topped at 4th node, day 26 of 12/12....10 Litre pot (which is probably overkill...up-potted on 1st day of 12/12)..

picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey blimey the stems are strong but pliable, i found this pheno a bit slow to root and to veg though, so i havent kept a mum of it (also to prompt me to pop more seeds)
having said that its shaping up to be a decent screen...

your plant looks nice. have you found the ChJ to have fairly small leaves in general?

VG

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
your plant looks nice. have you found the ChJ to have fairly small leaves in general?

VG

I think it has a tendancy for small leaves....certainly it can't compete with something like a DC-hybrid when it comes to fan leaves....and topping it hasn't helped.

Maybe it's related to the slow root growth.....big roots = big leaves. I'm pretty sure this one hasn't fully colonized the 10 litre pot....she asks for water when the pot is still quite heavy.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
could be blimey. im now in a quandary once more about this pheno/ plant, not only does it seem to form a canopy very well, its developing pink pistils too (nice to see that trait from the CB)
these are some very dense nugs too... perhaps a reveg???
'bout 4-5 weeks in :peacock:
picture.php

picture.php

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey RD, hard to fail with a plant like that! - and i made it :)

so 6-7 weeks in and i'll have to try and reveg this plant as it was the only cut i had of it.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

VG

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
Those pale pink pistils look very familiar....reveg that girl.....truly a beautiful sight to see done VG-SCROG-style. I was very pleased with the nug density....it's a sweet bonus on top of the killer stone.

Is that a fruity pheno, or more straight acetone/nail varnish? I loved all the gals I've had, highwise, but if I had to choose between them, I guess the fruitier pheno edges it....it really seemed to be the only major difference between the phenos I've seen.

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
very nice VG, nice color and outstanding density for scrog from my perspective :tiphat:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
mugenbao, RD, cheesebuds, thanks for the kind words. i must say im pretty proud of this one :dance013:

blimey, i think this is probably acetone, but tbh the smell and taste reminds me (in a good way) of some of the better imported african weed we used to get in the UK. this was the only girl on the first run and i have to say that the nugs are the densest i can remember. the pink pistils are a bonus. for sure i will attemp a reveg on this. last time a reveg cutting took forever to root and then the plant (this one) vegged quite slow... which is why i flowered it rather than mumming it up.
i do plan to make some f2's of Cherryjuana though and it'd be really nice to include this pheno in the selection when i do that.

GP. this cab is bordering on overkill for LED - probably 60 or more watts per square foot.. but it makes for a good set of nugs... even if the GPW is let down a little bit by the high wattage.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
coming up to 8 weeks now - pretty poor photo but the plant is still looking good
picture.php

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i reckon another week will do it, i dont want to let it go super long if im going to attempt a reveg
fairly stacked in there...
picture.php

picture.php

VG