What's new

Vending to clubs, what is it like for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Perpetual

I imagine location has a lot to do with it. What is considered dank in that particular area, y'know? Supply and demand of it all.

O

ocean99

There are people getting upwards of 4500 a pound in Cali regularly. You just gotta be a perfectionist, and climb that steep ass learning curve.

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
Also an easy way

Its your merch,

you set the price and if they don't pay it you move onto someone who will.

if you feel your elbows are worth 3k than take it, if you feel you should get 6k (damn head in the clouds but whatever lol) than don't take anything less.

I would be happy with the $3k to $4k range personally and if I had stuff that beat out most others odds are I wouldn't wholesale it at all and instead unload it for top dollar in 1/8ths and corner the market on a strain that beats all out (locally at least).

My area the meds are not that amazing, everything I have grown so far even during my learning curve has been much better than the meds locally found at any of the many clubs in my area.

G

Greyskull

do you folks consider YEILD when pricing your wares??

Higher yeilding plants should have a lower wholesale/retail price structure compared to the lower yeilding plants... thats how it goes in my garden.... curious how ya'll pricing structures are based....

P

Perpetual

Asking myself that question, I considered this, "if the plant is so damn potent that it makes the loss of yield worth growing, then yeah I'd pass on the expense." But I've only found one plant that made me think that way. I'm sure others have a little more experience in the matter, as I have steered away from poor yielding plants for the most part. I love the ones with lots of vigor and no complaints.

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
I don't think yield really matters unless the quality suffers.

As in getting a high yielding low potency strain just for weight to unload.

Now the clubs don't know how well your plants yield, they care about the medicine itself and I think should be priced according to the quality and not the quantity unless you are wanting to unload for cheap due to a large haul.

FreedomFGHTR

Veteran
I don't think yield really matters unless the quality suffers.

As in getting a high yielding low potency strain just for weight to unload.

Now the clubs don't know how well your plants yield, they care about the medicine itself and I think should be priced according to the quality and not the quantity unless you are wanting to unload for cheap due to a large haul.

You would be surprised.

Higher yeilding plants should have a lower wholesale/retail price structure compared to the lower yeilding plants... thats how it goes in my garden.... curious how ya'll pricing structures are based....

Here's how I approach the situation:

Here are the variables which I think are important when assigning a price to finished product:

Quality of Genetics
Yield
Potency
Flowering Time
Quality Trim Job of Buds

These five variables are all connected.

Quality of Genetics:

Strain genetics are important because if you have a strain with mediocre qualities (Slow in veg, low yielding, low potency, etc...) no matter how experienced a grower one might be, mediocre genetics will always produce a mediocre finished product. And as a grower/patient we want quality! We don't want to waist our time with mediocrity.

Yield:

I like strains that produce because you get more for your time. One of my favorite strains to grow is East Coast Sour Diesel. Not only is it a producer, it's a potent strain. ECSD also has the bag appeal, and an unmistakable aroma. On the other hand, the yield from say, Bubba Kush or Purple Erkle, is nowhere near that of ECSD, and because of that factor, commands a higher price per Oz/Lb.

Potencty:

Again, potency is an important factor in placing a price on the finished product. People are using MMJ for all sorts of ailments, and if the herb isn't potent or doesn't help alleviate one's pain(/anxiety/nausea/etc...)then it should be sold for less.

Flowering Time:

Some strains can be harvested in 8-8.5 weeks, but many strains need at least 9-10 weeks. That extra time adds to the potency as well as the yield. Flowering time makes the difference in how potent your finished product will be. For example, I've had several cycles with ECSD. And I've chopped her in the ranges of 8-10weeks. From my observations and experience, I can tell the difference in potency when it's chopped down at the 8 week range and the 9.5-10week range. When chopping her down between 8-8.5 weeks range, the effects take a little longer to kick in whereas when chopped at the 9.5-10 week range, the effects can be felt as you exhale or a few seconds afterward. Quality takes time!!

Quality of Trim Job:

I can tell when a grower cares about their product based on the way it's trimmed. I'm a stickler for this. When I trim my buds, I trim them as close as I can. I want my product to look good and in order to show off your bud's qualities, in needs to be trimmed properly. When I present my herb to a club, I want my herb to speak for itself and not have to defend it.

Let me summarize. As I mentioned earlier, these 5 variables:
Quality of Genetics
Yield
Potency
Flowering Time
Quality Trim Job of Buds

are all connected in how I determine what price I should respectfully demand for my finished product.

If you can grow a strain that produces, then you can feasibly justify bringing down the price a bit.

On the other hand, if a strain is extremely potent, but yields low, then then I feel one is justified in charging a bit more.

It's very similar to anything of quality, such as certain wine, tequila, cigars, steak, cars etc...

When I grow my various strains for a club, I produce the one's that I know they'll take regularly, because one of the clubs I vend to only pay a certain price that's lower than what I'm accustomed to. But since I've got skills and know how to maximize my yields for those high yielding strains, and the fact that I like consistency, I'm willing to accept a lower price per lb.

Vending to the clubs is a business, because you have to present both yourself and your product in a professional manner. You have to be prepared to represent when they try and "lowball" you. Some club owners care about your efforts as a grower, but there are many others who don't give a rat's ass as long as the product moves. As I stated earlier, you're product should speak for itself. Be prepared and act professional.

My two cents.

--Herbsman_OS

C

Chamba

In the next few years Californian cash croppers will most likely see wide price fluctuations as supply and demand swing up and down with laws and taxes, there will be some good prices for those who can wait.

but of course, eventually the price they get per pound will drop down by half in the next twelve ~ twenty four months as even more growers go bigger...then the wholesale price will drop to about $1000 per pound for A grade as growers leave the closet and buy a tractor...and by that time the market will be dominated by a few and then there will be even lower prices as every second back yard has 6 giant trees growing openly and legally.

With the massive increase in production (Overgrow!) and the big drop in prices, 9 out of ten smokers will smoke very pure hashish....then after a few more years, bud smoking will become rare.

As wholesale prices decrease even, lower growers will revolt against the high taxes levied on cannabis,

Later, as the mid-west, which will be then called the "hash-belt", takes over production, California will go into a recession again after 15 good years.

it should be interesting to see what happens in California during the next few years.

bbing

I think you outlined the way i basicaly see the process going Chamba; however when Pharm-Agra enters the picture (corporations large enough to generate huge political constituency and tax base) regulators will swing towards aggregated business becuase they have an easier time controling, corupting, influencing, and collecting this way.

Vending to clubs is an activity that continues to change just like it always has in CA.

ohhh what to do...aggregate, horde, assimilate, matriculate.....masterbate???

IGROWMYOWN

Veteran
but of course, eventually the price they get per pound will drop down by half in the next twelve months as even more growers go bigger...then the wholesale price will drop to about $1000 per pound for A grade as growers leave the closet and buy a tractor...
Doubt it, but god willing i'll bump this in a year.

P

Perpetual

I imagine cannabis in between every row of grapes in all the valleys of Cali if it goes legal. You are quite right, should be quite interesting to see where it all goes.

JWH-018

People forget that 2 out of every 3 pounds in california ends up leaving the state. That's the biggest reason that the market has seemed to resist saturation. You won't see prices on the west coast free fall like that until the entire US market (at least) is overwhelmed. Also "premium" outdoor like that already can go for sub 2k depending on timing and who you know, but that hasn't eliminated an indoor market. Imo the biggest reason you still see 4k+ pounds in LA is that they still pay 5k in new york metro (for example).

bterzz

Veteran

Thats how it should be. I have some "Chronic" in my garden right now (Ak47xNL), that a friend took years to find the good phenos (usually buys 60 seeds and uses 3 mothers). The quality is awesome but the yield awesome as well. It goes for exceptionally cheaper then everything else currently in my garden, and not because of its lack of quality, either.

:joint:

If you're compassionate, the clubs will be compassionate back, and in the long run, you'll end up making more.

H

humboldtlocal

Not trying to be a fear monger but be careful of the clubs you are vending to and take note of the areas they are in. I know several people who have been robbed and beaten entering and leaving clubs to vend. If the club is in the ghetto part of town you might want to try one of the bigger more established clubs in a safer part of town. These all occurred in LA. Another friend of mine who works for a club said the cops new tactic is to wait outside clubs and pull over vendors as they leave. Just try to be aware and know that if you are entering or leaving a club with a duffel bag or backpack you could be a target. Be safe.

H

humboldtlocal

Most clubs have security but it is there to protect the club from getting robbed not vendors coming or going.

pounds

Growing outdoor costs land, which will always cost more than an apartment or house to grow in, unless you own the house Im guessin. I suppose argument over indoor vs outdoor is for another thread, as well. I'd love to see some science on resin production indoor vs out.

And really, how are the buds different if in your greenhouse, you feed RO water pH'd proper, hydro nutes, and have no problem controlling your bugs because you are on top of that shit? The veg period where I am is about a month, the rest of the time things flower.

I grew indoor, with all the wizbang gadgets. I just don't notice the difference when using something that puts on nice buds indoor or out. There is a difference in color, sometimes.

Sorry to get this thread off track the way I have, I had so many questions really.

In detroit i can get $6500 easy for some outdoor cali grown bubba kush or for that matter purple star. outdoor weed always taste great to me. there is nothing better then the good ol sun for growing anything. just grow you some tomatoes out doors then go to your local supermarket and buy some. no comparision in quality or taste outdoor wins hands down!

thats just me.

s13sr20det

admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.
Veteran
to keep from walking out with cash why not use wire transfers? thats how they do it in the movies lol :)

pounds

then again when you can buy kg's of hashish for about $400usd delivered to your door. Why not vend imported hashish to the clubs say $600 oz times 36 thats alot of coin!!!!! and no work at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.