What's new

Vegetable Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Tinctures, Oils, E-Cigs and E-Liquids

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
thanks carlos, i used .35 ml or 7 drops or 3%. might could have used more huh?

GP73LPC

Veteran
just look what this thread has caused me to produce :D

picture.php

i added my FAV ecig flavor (mt dew) so far to my remaining THC tincture. started slow with a small volume and kept adding drops. i really didn't think i was gonna be able to get the mt dew flavor to come thru very strong and it took quite a bit to get it there. in fact almost 2 to 1, mt dew flavoring to tincture. obviously this is going to effect potency a bit, but as i type i'm flying high from testing the mix over and over :woohoo:

fuck yea, i love it !!!!!!!

just added a small amount of cotton candy flavor to the mix, sweetened it up just a bit :blowbubbles:

i'm ready for the public :tiphat:

GP73LPC

Veteran
after vaping the mt dew thc tinct yesterday, the potency has not been affected that much.

i will be looking to try some other mixes(flavors) in the future.

i am getting very close to re-creating this flavor (Bourbon Vanilla)

GP73LPC

Veteran
i think the flavoring may have affected potency more than i originally thought. let me wake and vape the non flavored mix in the AM to know for sure.

in the meantime, i failed miserably at making a vanilla coke e-liquid tonight :mad: oh well, back to my northern lights for the evening. :D

ha, ha, on a side note last night i ordered a stainless steel canister and a double headed c-clamp. when those items arrive, i will cut a piece of acrylic or plastic the diameter of the canister and place a 1 x 4 under the canister. next i will use the c-clamp to press my cheese clothed tincture. pics when i get it and set it up ;)

homemade tincture press :blowbubbles:

about $20 invested so far. the cheapest i could find online was $40. i already have the acrylic if i can find it and i have the wood also. ready to press !!! :woohoo:

Somebody_Else

This is a great way to use concentrates IMO. I'm a VG vaper, so I'll usually dissolve my hash/QWISO (less of an obvious smell if you're trying to be stealthy)/BHO in Everclear or 151 and store until it's a uniform consistency with no solids, add to my VG, and cook off (most of) the alcohol. This dissolves the goodies much faster than VG on its own. Then I'll flavor and sweeten. The flavors often need to 'steep' for 7-10 days to blend together completely, so you might want to keep that in mind if you start mixing a lot of your own liquids.

Also, the Kanger T3 tanks are 3ml with the coils on the bottom, so it vapes thicker liquids real well and goes longer between needing refills because you can vape to almost the last drop (and it looks a lot like what you use already). It's ego threaded and has become one of my favorite pieces of equipment. I've been using an e-cig for years, so I was really excited over being able to combine the two. And I agree with you about Mt Dew liquids; I don't even drink soda and it's still one of my favorite flavors. Just keep an eye on the tanks you use it in, there are some plastics that don't hold up to citric liquids as well as others.

GP73LPC

Veteran
thanks somebody else :tiphat:

i do use kanger T3's, MT3's and the glass protank. bottom coils are much more efficient imo. totally agree with you on that. i have 5 CE4's and a Vivi Nova sitting here that i do not care for. not even enough for testing. with the kangers i can mix a small 2 ml batch to see what it's like.

thanks for pointing out your method also. something i will prolly try in the future.

and thanks for pointing out that some flavors need steeping. i've heard yes and i've heard no. are there certain flavors that need more time?

:tiphat:

Morcheeba*

Veteran
thx for sharing you experience w/these..........im feeling better about which direction to go when making concentrates to vape and what equipment to buy to vape thru.

cant wait to hear how the cold process taste and maybe a good 30/70 mix of the hot and cold process to blend taste w/potency.

peace

calientecarlos

Veteran
Kanger EVOD and 1300mah Vision Spinner is my first rig. Love it. Will be ordering an extract cartridge soon any recommendations??

Somebody else nice method!

I'm beginning to think the alcohol is a major catalyst. I mixed 10% lemon extract into my juice and pow fat rips on low setting (3.3v) right away! Still need to dial taste but progress is being made!!

GP73LPC

Veteran
thx for sharing you experience w/these..........im feeling better about which direction to go when making concentrates to vape and what equipment to buy to vape thru.

cant wait to hear how the cold process taste and maybe a good 30/70 mix of the hot and cold process to blend taste w/potency.

peace

very cool. this is just one of many methods and many gear that can be used.

i just bought a ruvaped glass globe to vape wax/bho. it has a center nail on it. pretty nice, but can't be used easily in public like this method ;) once i get it and make some bho i will report back.

i will let you know the cold process results around Sept 23 :D

mixing a hot and cold might be the ticket, we will see how it turns out.

thanks for posting :tiphat:

GP73LPC

Veteran
Kanger EVOD and 1300mah Vision Spinner is my first rig. Love it. Will be ordering an extract cartridge soon any recommendations??

Somebody else nice method!

I'm beginning to think the alcohol is a major catalyst. I mixed 10% lemon extract into my juice and pow fat rips on low setting (3.3v) right away! Still need to dial taste but progress is being made!!

i was gonna ask you about the EVOD. my LVS sells those, might try one. it's bottom coil too, just like the T3s, MT3s and pyrex glass protank (all kanger) i use. if it works as well as those i use just stick with it.

but so far, the ProTank gives me the absolute best rips.

i am also considering upgrading to an 18650 battery with variable voltage. something like a lavatube or provari. there are a bunch on the market and all the carts i use will work on them. longer battery life and more POWER :woohoo: = BIGGER VAPOR :biggrin:

congrats on your mix. i have some that need more tweaking just as yours.

practice, practice, practice :D

Somebody_Else

thanks somebody else :tiphat:

i do use kanger T3's, MT3's and the glass protank. bottom coils are much more efficient imo. totally agree with you on that. i have 5 CE4's and a Vivi Nova sitting here that i do not care for. not even enough for testing. with the kangers i can mix a small 2 ml batch to see what it's like.

thanks for pointing out your method also. something i will prolly try in the future.

and thanks for pointing out that some flavors need steeping. i've heard yes and i've heard no. are there certain flavors that need more time?

:tiphat:

You're very welcome. :tiphat: It's not often on a site like this I'll already have a bit of experience in something many members haven't tried yet, so I feel like I should offer any experience I have. Sorta like giving back in a tiny way to make up for all that taking I've already done.

VG and VG-based flavors usually need to steep at least a week. VG is a great solvent with time, but it's so thick and viscous that it takes a while. This is why you'll hear folks extracting bud or hash with it and sometimes letting it steep up to 6 months. Using alcohol can cut down on that a lot. Using 'simple' flavors and more PG can cut down on steeping time some, but as a general rule the more complex the flavor or the more VG involved the longer it'll take. Menthol crystals dissolved in alcohol added to a mostly-PG liquid might be fully mixed in 3-4 days, while a strong dose of a sweet fruit flavor or a tobacco blend (for example) added to VG might need 10-14 days to have the flavor blend and settle completely. They'll all have a semblance/representation of their final flavor almost immediately, but it can change quite a bit by the 7-10 day mark. This may only be a big deal if you blend more than 10ml+ at a time, so if what you're doing now is working well keep it up, just remember the steeping if you make more volume at some point. Tasty-Vapor (probably the tastiest, most delicious PG-based liquids on the planet) makes their liquids per order, and their sub-forum on ECF has a steeping time thread for their liquids that might give you a better idea of what flavors benefit from steeping more than others.

I love the pro-tank. I had to grab one just to vape flavors that can damage plastics, and it's great. But after years of walking around with giant silver mods the size of paper towel rolls and tanks the size of plumbing equipment I appreciate the smaller devices a lot these days, at least for out-and-about. And the 18650 mods are fantastic if you vape a lot. I go through 3-5mls of liquid a day and never got anything less than 16 hours out of the smallest mAH-rated 18650 out there, and thats at high volt/watt constantly.

Also, as an aside, alcohol based VG extractions can also be used as oral tinctures and breath sprays, as long as they were decarbed before extracting. You can make the blends as potent as you want, and every method (oral, vaping, smoking) give different results. Since I quit smoking cigarettes a few years ago I'm not a fan of smoking anything, so I love having a variety of methods and materials around for use. I swear alcohol and VG based material has the best mood enhancing/anti-depressant effects than any other method IMO.

GP73LPC

Veteran
wow a wealth of info ^^^ thanks so much :tiphat:

that chart is great, i was really unaware of that.

right now i most definitely a novice and am learning. i have mad a couple of flavors that sucked so bad they got poured out, lol

anyway, i appreciate this information. i am soaking it all in and building on it ;)

btw, i just mixed up a mountain dew with 2 drops of champagne (an artificial fix, not much flavor). not too bad. i think it needs 2 to 4 drops of sweetener which i am waiting for. ordered some from TPA. the cotton candy flavor i have that i was using as a sweetener was altering the taste a bit more than i wanted. we'll see.

having fun mixing anyway. if the sweetener puts it where i want it i will post the recipe. would be nice to make my own and save some money.

oh and also, i tried the koolada in place of menthol and i really don't care too much for it. it's supposed to provide a cold sensation. i just get menthol.

next on my list will be a cherry cola. wish me luck, i have had no luck with cola flavors yet :hide:

GP73LPC

Veteran
well i have got to stop buying epen, ecig, vape pens and accessories and start saving for my Vriptech Heatwand, but while i am failing to save money for that i purchased 2 more protanks with colored pyrex glass. ;) one blue, one pink (i'm gonna call it red :) )

and then i went back to youtube and watched the provari and lavatube review clips again. the provari tells me the charge left on the battery and the resistance of the cart i put on it. i own a multi meter and know how to use it. i can determine those things with that meter and save $160.

i found the lavatube V2 Kit for $60. this sells for $60-70 more at other places. i failed, much as i do when i become weak on the boo or the bay and click BUY !!!

so now i have a MOD coming :D 18650 batteries, adjustable in 0.1v increments. from 3.0v to 6.0v.

time to start experimenting with different ohm clearomizers, atomizers and tanks.

my ego-c passthru is a really nice unit, but i am now desiring to step up my vapor cloud :D

no plans to get rid of the ego, it's my go to in public. sleek, slender and easy to carry. the lavatube is gonna be more of a home unit is my guess.

the lavatube will just let me dial things in a little better

btw, i took my mt dew eliquid that i purchased and filled up my protank tonight (2.5ml). i added 1 drop of champagne flavoring and 1 drop of key lime flavoring.

bumped up the stock mt dew nicely. still gotta figure how to make the base mt dew from scratch.